Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

MUST DO TOPICS OF LAXMIKANT FOR INDIAN POLITY

Dear All,

Can you please share list of MUST MUST do topics from Laxmikant? Also a list of avoidable topics would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Read the whole book man, there's enough time left. UPSC is unpredictable.

• Dear All,

Can you please share list of MUST MUST do topics from Laxmikant? Also a list of avoidable topics would be great.

Thanks.

• Cover to cover.

I am working. have limited time, So want to be to the point
  • every line of LAXMIKANT is important for pre..
  • Dear All,

Thanks.

Laxmikanth Book itself is a must. No point in leaving any topic.
  • Dear All,

Thanks.

You can do following topics if havr less time
    fundamental rights, fundamental duties, DPSP, parliamentary system, state legislature,President,Governor,vice president,PM,CM basic structure,Amendment of constitution,emergency provisions, centre state relations,preamble,salient features of constitution,SC,HC,panchyati raj, muncipalities,SC /ST
    These topics constitute 50% of the book but will cover 90% of the questions
  • zabivaka said:

Dear All,

Thanks.

You can do following topics if havr less time
    fundamental rights, fundamental duties, DPSP, parliamentary system, state legislature,President,Governor,vice president,PM,CM basic structure,Amendment of constitution,emergency provisions, centre state relations,preamble,salient features of constitution,SC,HC,panchyati raj, muncipalities,SC /ST
    These topics constitute 50% of the book but will cover 90% of the questions

Cool. Thanks @zabivaka
  • You're working right? But you still have 5+ months for pre :)
    So try doing one thing. Do polity EVERYDAY for 30 mins exact. But do it everyday. No day without polity.
    What to do? First 10 minutes revise what you did the previous day. 20 minutes do a new chapter. Then next day first 10 minutes revise quickly the contents of the first 2 days. And so on.
    Benefit? Immensely helps you revise and re-revise multiple times the syllabus. Once a week say Sunday extend the polity duration to one hour and revise the whole week's content.
    I'm a person who likes multiple revisions. I can't revise the whole syllabus 3 times. Rather I like revising chapter wise multiple times (this way I end up revising most chapters 20-25 times in much less time) - Saves a lot of time. So this technique helps me. So if it doesn't suit you, discard it :)
    LEAVE NO CHAPTER. You can still think of doing environment or culture selectively (only if you're short of time, and that too at a risk) but not polity. 5 months 30 minutes everyday can make you a master of Lakshmikanth. You will even know where the line break occurs in the book :) So do it!

I am working. have limited time, So want to be to the point
    Do Lakshmikant properly (from cover to cover). It is not just for prelims but for entire GS-2 mains. Also, In prelims Polity is one section where you can get all answers correctly.
  • No study no confusion, more study more confusion.
  • @nandini -Thanks for the fantastic approach. Will try to follow it. And yes i am working
  • Friends can you please throw some light on my other posts as well :) just a request
  • Friends can you please throw some light on my other posts as well :) just a request

I would use the torch in my phone but it is switched off. Sorry.
    :expressionless:

• nandini said:

You're working right? But you still have 5+ months for pre :)
    So try doing one thing. Do polity EVERYDAY for 30 mins exact. But do it everyday. No day without polity.
    What to do? First 10 minutes revise what you did the previous day. 20 minutes do a new chapter. Then next day first 10 minutes revise quickly the contents of the first 2 days. And so on.
    Benefit? Immensely helps you revise and re-revise multiple times the syllabus. Once a week say Sunday extend the polity duration to one hour and revise the whole week's content.
    I'm a person who likes multiple revisions. I can't revise the whole syllabus 3 times. Rather I like revising chapter wise multiple times (this way I end up revising most chapters 20-25 times in much less time) - Saves a lot of time. So this technique helps me. So if it doesn't suit you, discard it :)
    LEAVE NO CHAPTER. You can still think of doing environment or culture selectively (only if you're short of time, and that too at a risk) but not polity. 5 months 30 minutes everyday can make you a master of Lakshmikanth. You will even know where the line break occurs in the book :) So do it!

so u went this approach for polity or for all subjects ?
  • BeTTor said:

nandini said:

You're working right? But you still have 5+ months for pre :)

so u went this approach for polity or for all subjects ?
    Polity, history (ancient and modern), some parts of environment and current affairs revision (only revision part).
  • is there any PDF or link to chapterwise MCQ based on laxmikant??
  • edited December 2017
    @yashchawla yaar , those efforts bhi karlo. Spoon feeding won't help.much.
    Ask the shops in orn, search on Google, see old threads and you'll get most of your answers.

I hope I am curt but not too harsh.
  • edited December 2017

Ask the shops in Iran, search on Google, see old threads and you'll get most of your answers.

With due respect, this was not specifically directed to you, so you could have conveniently ignored the comment/query.

I too hope I am curt but not too harsh.
  • edited December 2017

Ask the shops in Iran, search on Google, see old threads and you'll get most of your answers.

With due respect, this was not specifically directed to you, so you could have conveniently ignored the comment/query.

Good luck to you ahead.
  • @yashchawla yaar , those efforts bhi karlo. Spoon feeding won't help.much.

Good luck to you ahead.
    i am just leveraging the forum to seek help of seniors and experts, which is the basic idea behind discussion forums/blogs. Thanks Anyways
  • @yashchawla yaar , those efforts bhi karlo. Spoon feeding won't help.much.

Good luck to you ahead.
    i am just leveraging the forum to seek help of seniors and experts, which is the basic idea behind discussion forums/blogs. Thanks Anyways
    Your intention and posts are totally right as a beginner. But if you could look some old posts, you would have better understanding-specially from the people who have already aced this exam.

You are leveraging the forum in the right essence. But past experiences here are a treasure.
    Hope you understand.
    No hard feelings.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog