How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Beware of mobile phone snatchers.

2 men on a gearless 2 wheeler motor vehicle tried (and failed) to snatch my mobile phone while I was doing "walk and talk" somewhere in East Patel Nagar around 9pm.

Stay safe!

Comments

• Yeah, thanks. I need to protect my precious phone

The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • They are every where now check this at PUSA road suri path lab near Vajiram
  • This incident has disgusted and wronged me to the core. I've already suffered so much this year. What's next? My murder?

Didn't even eat anything. Had to call up a helpline.

Talked to the cop at the crossroad. He didn't seem to take it seriously. What on earth is Police for?

I'm such a man who never touches another human being and/or their belongings without their consent. I never enter someone's room without knocking on their door. I never violate their boundaries. Not once have I used abusive words.

Have become so cold hearted a person that I've stopped feeling compassion, empathy and sympathy. My conscience is dead. Ethics and Morality aren't important to me anymore.

Only thing I still care about is Law. And that's 'cause of the fear. Fear of being penalised if I break the law.

And that's why some people are alive and their houses aren't vandalised yet.

Up until few years ago, I'd never had to face such difficulties in life. Everything is shattered. I'm literally on my own.

During difficulties, usual course of action for an average Joe is reaching out to his family. For me, it is Sumaitri Delhi, Sneha Chennai, and Aasra Mumbai. What a life!
  • 1ManArmy said:

This incident has disgusted and wronged me to the core. I've already suffered so much this year. What's next? My murder?

Talked to the cop at the crossroad. He didn't seem to take it seriously. What on earth is Police for?

I'm such a man who never touches another human being and/or their belongings without their consent. I never enter someone's room without knocking on their door. I never violate their boundaries. Not once have I used abusive words.

Have become so cold hearted a person that I've stopped feeling compassion, empathy and sympathy. My conscience is dead. Ethics and Morality aren't important to me anymore.

Only thing I still care about is Law. And that's 'cause of the fear. Fear of being penalised if I break the law.

Up until few years ago, I'd never had to face such difficulties in life. Everything is shattered. I'm literally on my own.

During difficulties, usual course of action for an average Joe is reaching out to his family. For me, it is Sumaitri Delhi, Sneha Chennai, and Aasra Mumbai. What a life!

You need to call 100 they will make the official accountable what actions they have taken in regards to that incident
  • secondARC said:

1ManArmy said:

This incident has disgusted and wronged me to the core. I've already suffered so much this year. What's next? My murder?

You need to call 100 they will make the official accountable what actions they have taken in regards to that incident
    Too late.
  • edited December 2017
    secondARC said:

1ManArmy said:

Don't u think u r being too naive. Attempt to murder ka case ho sakta hai. Par attempt to snatch / steal ka kaise hoga.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • Don't know what to say. Just hate people who don't commit themselves to their job. Police or whatever.
  • It's possible your concern will go unheard whomsover, 100 or anything you speak to. But u will certainly go unheard if you don't speak. Few suggestions:

1. Call 100, for the heck of it. How many times have u dialed this number anyway. Have fun once.
    2. Write on Quora and request respomses from relevant people.
  • Don't know what to say. Just hate people who don't commit themselves to their job. Police or whatever.

I hate the criminals more. Any kind of criminals. I like law abiding people.

I'd prefer someone to starve than steal.
  • It's possible your concern will go unheard whomsover, 100 or anything you speak to. But u will certainly go unheard if you don't speak. Few suggestions:

1. Call 100, for the heck of it. How many times have u dialed this number anyway. Have fun once.

I've had my fair share of brush with cops.
  • edited December 2017
    1ManArmy said:

It's possible your concern will go unheard whomsover, 100 or anything you speak to. But u will certainly go unheard if you don't speak. Few suggestions:

I can understand. The only unfortunate solace is that far worse things happen.
  • 1ManArmy said:

bhai..it is sad u had to go through all this.
    but this is life.
    u have to learn to defend yourself at all times.
    in 2014 a guy tried to snatch my gold chain outside my gym and when i tried to catch him by his collar he attacked me with a cutter and i still got those stich mark on my stomach.
    that was heart breaking incident for.
    i hve learned to defend my self since then.
    since tat incident i always carry a small pocket knife in my jeans.
    i fell delhi police is worst police force there can ever be.
    i never worried abt my safety in mumbai.
    but i nvr feel safe in delhi.

most imp thing is be bold, avoid secluded places esp at night, avoid strolls esp in patel nagars( gym is a bbtr option)..

aur itna load mat lo bhai..aaise experiences aate hai life mein...
  • 1ManArmy said:

It's possible your concern will go unheard whomsover, 100 or anything you speak to. But u will certainly go unheard if you don't speak. Few suggestions:

I can understand. The only unfortunate solace is that far worse things happen.
    Yep.
  • Warlord said:

1ManArmy said:

bhai..it is sad u had to go through all this.
    but this is life.
    u have to learn to defend yourself at all times.
    in 2014 a guy tried to snatch my gold chain outside my gym and when i tried to catch him by his collar he attacked me with a cutter and i still got those stich mark on my stomach.
    that was heart breaking incident for.
    i hve learned to defend my self since then.
    since tat incident i always carry a small pocket knife in my jeans.
    i fell delhi police is worst police force there can ever be.
    i never worried abt my safety in mumbai.
    but i nvr feel safe in delhi.

most imp thing is be bold, avoid secluded places esp at night, avoid strolls esp in patel nagars( gym is a bbtr option)..

aur itna load mat lo bhai..aaise experiences aate hai life mein...
    They drove away in the blink of an eye. It was dark and vehicle lights turned off. And obviously, helmets!
  • This is God's way of reminding you, to get a licensed Gun. :wink:
  • This is God's way of reminding you, to get a licensed Gun. :wink:

I'll be really grateful if you or some IPS friend of yours can help me get one.
  • edited December 2017
  • edited December 2017
    1ManArmy said:

I was impressed by your decency.. And you have only improved upon it..it is quite challenging when time tests our patience.. wish you meet your destiny soon

The guy who love energy drinks :)
  • What hurts me most is not the materialistic loss, but the display of disrespect.

Here, the man who snatched the Diplomat's phone disrespected her by touching her phone without her consent.

That makes every robbery, theft, snatching and stealing, a form of disrespect.

And a sense of betrayal, when our loyalty to rights is somehow, insulted.

They say "Respect is earned, not given." I refuse to believe in that. Respect is every citizen's birthright. He doesn't have to do something prestigious or be something prestigious to get respect. He must get respect as a birthright.

And if he breaks a law, only State must disrespect him (Incarceration being a form of disrespect, as much as it is rehabilitation.)

When a person's dignity is assaulted, he feels disrespected. It can lead to extremely harmful emotional consequences, and thus, behavioral consequences, if the assault is considered severe, multiple and long term.

#MyTrystWithRespect

P.S. - I'm no God. I may have disrespected people knowingly/unknowingly and no, I'm not too proud of it.
  • 1ManArmy said:

I was impressed by your decency.. And you have only improved upon it.. wish you meet your destiny soon

The guy who love energy drinks :)
    :smile:
  • Bhai aaj, aggarwal goal chakkar k samne.. Kings food hai.
    Uske samne ek aspirant ka phone activa pe le gaye.
    We all ran after that activa. Feeling bad for him, vo bechara library se padhke nikla tha.
    Aspirants should understand this is not their colony where they can walk and talk being unaware of this miscreants. Park, road, etc nothing is safe here in ORN.

Kasam se aaj vo chor pakda jata toh, thand me dil kholke hum Sab aspirants haath garam karte. Kisi ko koota nahi saalo se.
  • amsc said:

Bhai aaj, aggarwal goal chakkar k samne.. Kings food hai.
    We all ran after that activa. Feeling bad for him, vo bechara library se padhke nikla tha.
    Aspirants should understand this is not their colony where they can walk and talk being unaware of this miscreants. Park, road, etc nothing is safe here in ORN.

Kasam se aaj vo chor pakda jata toh, thand me dil kholke hum Sab aspirants haath garam karte. Kisi ko koota nahi saalo se.

Sad!
  • amsc said:

This is sad and very new phenomena. ORN has been fairly safe place. Even if you dont lock doors you are safe. I am surprised as to how they managed to do it given that streets are often congested and its difficult to drive away so fast.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

amsc said:

This is sad and very new phenomena. ORN has been fairly safe place. Even if you dont lock doors you are safe. I am surprised as to how they managed to do it given that streets are often congested and its difficult to drive away so fast.
    Very true sir..2 sal pahle orn me mere room se mera laptop, mobile,ghadi chori hua tha...ek gang hi hai orn me Jo in activities me laga hua h..police bhi disinterested hoti h other states ke aspirants ka complaint likhne me.. vajiram ke batch me ek ladke ka car chori ho gya tha..police wale aspirant se hi car kharidne ko leke investigation karne lage...bahut kharab halat h policia ke..
  • 1ManArmy said:

Dude.. you call that suffering? I call that improvement. You have improved considerably in your life.

You are calling that suffering because you are judging yourself on a different metric. Change it. That's not required for now. You are evolving to a new brilliant personality.
  • Even the DTC buses are not safe in Delhi.Last month,I was pick pocketed and lost my Lenovo mobile while going from karol bagh to shadipur.The bus was overcrowded with school children and a slightly drunk man was pushing me strongly.I think his partner during this commotion stole it from me.I realised only after few minutes when they had already got off from the bus.These pickpockets mostly operate in pairs or group and prefer crowded areas.
    Some times they are even armed and have no hesitation in killing u.
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/murder-in-cluster-bus-theft-gone-wrong-boys-stab-man-to-death/articleshow/61780916.cms
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi-news/robbers-target-couple-at-a-park-in-south-delhi-24-year-old-stabbed-to-death/story-0R75wYXFSIYlHPXDEWeFkN.html
    Stay safe in Delhi...
  • edited January 27
    This happened when I was in College. I was returning to my home from Ghaziabad after end of 2nd semester. Right when I bought the ticket, I saw 2 men coming to me. They looked like any typical daily wage earner, so I thought they might be asking for directions or something other. ( I had laptop bag on my shoulder with in it).

They, indeed, asked for directions of a college which was in no way adjacent or nearby to my college. Now they asked whether I have been there, ever. I said No. Then they asked me which college I studied in and said that their sister has been molested and attacked by a boy who looks just like me (aur kyunki main chasma pehanta hoon to thodi der baad bole ki wo ladka bhi chasma pehanta hai) and that they wanted to identify me before their sister who is lying on hospital bed ( Railway Hospital).

Reluctant that I was, I disagreed and then they started to call me by names and even caught me by my collar and threatened to thrash me then and there!.

Well, because I have no trust at all on people at a place like Railway station or even any other place. I was forced to go along with them.. then after a minute or two one of them comes from hospital and says that their sister is not there. Then again they threatened me with dire consequences if I don't go with them.. So just when I was going along with them, I kept a close watch on their movements and the streets and a point to escape.

Just when we were crossing the rail track I took a swift right turn to platform No. 1 and started running shouting out loud "Police,Police, Police.." I did not look back.

Whether they were after laptop or me the whole, I don't know but being such a nice person that I am who is law abiding, don't poke his nose.... I lost whatever the trust remained in people.

• edited January 27
    Wo bas itna kah dete ki isne hamari bahan ko ccheda hai...to bas...saare log milke mujhe wahin koot dete... Koi sunta nahi mujhe...aur agar koi sunta bhi to mera saman aur laptop, batua sab ccheen liya jata..

I believe in only one dictum that "Power flows from the barrel of the gun".

Us din mann kiya ki aaj agar bandook hoti to main unko jaan se maar deta.
  • edited January 27
    Things to be aware in Old Rajinder Nagar and Delhi :
    1. Sindhi park : don't leave your phone on bench (not for a second) while you are playing or even sitting with friends.
    2. Who are the thieves? - tiffin, parcel, water service, maid, any outsider you can think of.
    3. No road in Delhi is safe. Mobile, chain, laptop snatching is common in ORN. At least ONE incident is reported every week. Police knows everything. If you're not a localite, don't expect help from police.
    4. Keep your doors locked. Be more aware during festivals and exam days like UPSC prelims, diwali, holi.
    5. Don't keep anything on terrace.
    6. People will stop you in morning for asking directions, about time, for calling someone with your phone, etc and snatch your phone and take it away.
    7. Keep your phone and valuables in front pocket in metro. Keep your bags in front.
    8. Barking dogs, seldom bite. But in ORN, they do bite. Don't venture out in late night.
    9. In disguise of villagers who lost their money or medica emergency, people will ask your help with money or food. They will ask you in marathi or any other mother tongue. They are touts. Don't be gullible.
    10. Keep your senses open and be vigilant. You can trust no one here in Delhi.

• delhi is truly a fucked up. Place...

fucked up. People.. fucked up. environment.. fucked up ecosystem
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -4 Mains-4* Interview - 0*

Kaun kehta hai aasmaan me chhed nahi hota ?
    ek patthar to tabiyat se uchal ke dekho dost
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog