Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

ForumIAS Open Test - LIVE NOW! - 10th DECEMBER

edited December 2017 in Miscellaneous

UPDATE#3: The result of ForumIAS All India Open Test will be declared today (12/12/2017) by 9:00 PM. All of those who want to attempt the test online can still do the same on forumias.academy until 4 PM. The last submission will happen at 4:00 PM.

UPDATE #2: Dear Friends, those of you who have not written the Test yest in Offline Mode or in Online Mode, can do so now. Please follow the steps below

1) Visit http://forumias.academy and login or create an account if you do not have one already
2) Goto test Series -> ForumIAS Open Test
3) Start the Test
4) You will be able to see your scores immediately after completing the Test.
5) Share your Marks here :-)

UPDATE #1: Open Test will also be conducted on 10th of December owing to a large number of people writing test. You will receive your hall ticket in a short while. Please mark your attendance on the date mentioned on the HALL TICKET.

Dear All,

ForumIAS will be conducting an Open Test ( Prelims) on December 9th and 10th . The Test will be available in both Online and Offline Mode.

You will need to register for the Test at the below link -

https://goo.gl/F8XvEk

The registration for the offline mode closes by 3PM today.

For Offline Test Takers

1) You must register for the Test at the above link and choose "Offline" Option. ( Do not do it again , if you have not already done so. )
2) You will get an SMS at around 4:30PM saying you can download your hall tickets. Link will be provided.
3) The Venue and timings of the Test will be provided in your hall ticket. You must carry a print out of the hall ticket.
4) You must create an account at http://forumias.academy with your mobile number and email address. This is where your result will be uploaded.
5) The results will be uploaded by 12th December ( Monday ) at 7PM. This will have your ranks, key and solutions.

For Online Test Takers
1) Register on the link provided and Choose "Online" Option.
2) Create an account on http://forumias.academy . Here your Test will appear.
3) The Test will be available from 5PM on 10thth ( Yes , the Offline Test Takers will write Tests first )
4) Under no circumstance write exams in both online and offline mode, or your result will be withheld.
5) The result with ranklist and key and solutions will declared by Tuesday, 5 PM.

About Prelims Test Series 2018

We will be commencing with the Prelims Test Series 2018 - from 17th December. A lot of ForumIAS Members have emailed us about ForumIAS Courses being expensive - especially for MGP. We have kept the Prelims Test Series at an early bird price of Rs. 5900/- only for first 200 candidates.

You can download the Test Series Plan here

https://goo.gl/3qVXMv

You can enroll by paying at the below links

Prelims Test Series 2018 - Online - Payment Link - http://imojo.in/b3cxb4 ( Use discount Code EARLYBIRD )

Prelims Test Series 2018 - Offline - Payment Link - http://imojo.in/2hriq5 ( Use Discount Code EARLYBIRD )

Note : Fees after the first 200 admissions will be restored to normal. Do not drop any discount request emails after that.

Comments

• I cannot generate my hall ticket. It is showing "no user found".
  • 'no user found'

hai kahaan user?? Dhoondh ke nikaalo. Aise thodi na hota hai!
  • For online mode will it test open today after 5 ?
  • @ForumIAS Open test is not available for online mode
  • Yes It will be availble in ONLINE mode after 5PM on 10th.
  • ForumIAS said:

Yes It will be availble in ONLINE mode after 5PM on 10th.

Thanks !
  • I missed out on 8:30 morning slot. Can I appear for the 2 pm slot?
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • I missed out on 8:30 morning slot. Can I appear for the 2 pm slot?

Yes, by all means. You can visit the Offline Center.
  • Dear Friends, The Test is now Online. You can follow the steps below to write the test and get ranks.

1) Visit http://forumias.academy
    2) Login or Create an Account
    3) Goto Test Series > ForumIAS Open Test
    4) Attempt the Test
    5) You will get immediate answers as well as marks
    6) Final Rank list will be released by Monday 7 PM.
  • open test is not appearing in test series section
  • open test is not appearing in test series section
    Untitled.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 144K
  • forum open mock tests me jaao bhai
  • nahi dikh raha bhai forum open mock test....can you send link ...forum ias ne jo link bhejen h..unpe to na aa raha h
  • forum open mock tests me jaao bhai

thanks..i found it
  • Got 86.66 out of 200 :-( How should I improve.... :((
  • Gave test in the morning. It still shows waiting in result tab. Pls check @ForumIAS
    Why such a senior member of Forum being discriminated against?
    Falak ko zidd hai jahan bijliyaan girane ki,
    Humein bhi zidd hai wahin aashiyaan banane ki.

First attempt 2016. Second attempt - 2017

Prelim - 2, Mains - 1*, Interview - 0
  • edited December 2017

Acc to Forum test :The statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) is the ratio (fixed by the RBI) of the total deposits of a bank which is to be maintained by the bank with itself in non-cash form prescribed by the government to be in the range of 25 to 40 per cent. It is invested in liquid items like gold and government securities

Acc to RBI : Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR): The share of NDTL that a bank is required to maintain in safe and liquid assets, such as, unencumbered government securities, cash and gold. Changes in SLR often influence the availability of resources in the banking system for lending to the private sector

Minority question also looks doubtful
    Same for MP disqualification question

CRR: only cash
    SLR: cash + gold + securities

So SLR cannot be termed as 'noncash'
    Forumias explanation is not exactly correct.
    Also 'prescribed by govt' is not correct. It's by RBI only.
    (If UPSC give explanation for its 2017 questions it won't be better than this)
    Expire@2017.
  • Question 68, I think answer given is wrong. Increasing puchha hai decreasing diya hai.
  • Platoon said:

Question 68, I think answer given is wrong. Increasing puchha hai decreasing diya hai.

+1
  • Apart from Q.68 (mentioned above), I also have doubt about Q.56. I didn't understand the explanation and doubt if the solution is correct? Shouldn't it be option A. Either Religion or Language?
  • lolz_2 said:

Apart from Q.68 (mentioned above), I also have doubt about Q.56. I didn't understand the explanation and doubt if the solution is correct? Shouldn't it be option A. Either Religion or Language?

Constitution only recognizes Linguistic and Religious minorities. It doesn't lay down any procedure as to how a community be declared a Minority
    But the question doesn't ask about the procedure. Constitution recognises minority on basis of religion or language only (as in Article 30, it says minorities based on religion or language).
  • lolz_2 said:

lolz_2 said:

Apart from Q.68 (mentioned above), I also have doubt about Q.56. I didn't understand the explanation and doubt if the solution is correct? Shouldn't it be option A. Either Religion or Language?

Constitution only recognizes Linguistic and Religious minorities. It doesn't lay down any procedure as to how a community be declared a Minority
    But the question doesn't ask about the procedure. Constitution recognises minority on basis of religion or language only (as in Article 30, it says minorities based on religion or language).
    You will have to go by the language of the question, which demands explicit 'declaration' by constitution regarding minorities. Constitution mentions the presence of minorities both linguistic and religious, but nowhere 'declares the basis of minorities'.
  • lolz_2 said:

lolz_2 said:

No constitution doesn’t mention about basis for minority. It only mention word minority and nothing else. Although religious and language minorities are mentioned in fundamental rights, there can be other minorities basis as constitution is silent on this. Government of India mentioned minorities like Jain, Sikh, Muslim etc. in a Gazette. So there can be minorities on other basis also.
  • edited December 2017
    lolz_2 said:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/constitution-does-not-define-the-word-minorities-govt/article5015871.ece
  • vibagg said:

lolz_2 said:

lolz_2 said:

You will have to go by the language of the question, which demands explicit 'declaration' by constitution regarding minorities. Constitution mentions the presence of minorities both linguistic and religious, but nowhere 'declares the basis of minorities'.
    Platoon said:

lolz_2 said:

lolz_2 said:

No constitution doesn’t mention about basis for minority. It only mention word minority and nothing else. Although religious and language minorities are mentioned in fundamental rights, there can be other minorities basis as constitution is silent on this. Government of India mentioned minorities like Jain, Sikh, Muslim etc. in a Gazette. So there can be minorities on other basis also.
    Platoon said:

lolz_2 said:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/constitution-does-not-define-the-word-minorities-govt/article5015871.ece
    Thanks everyone for the explanation. Understood the context finally. :blush:
  • when will the **cking result come???
  • vibagg said:

lolz_2 said:

lolz_2 said:

in my opinion it has to a.
    consti recognizes 2 kinds of minorities.
  • edited December 2017
  • @ForumIAS No test tab for those who joined prelims test series starting from 17th Dec.
  • Was this paper based only on GS syllabus or did it also include current affairs for this year?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog