ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Is pollution in Delhi a concern for people moving there for coaching etc?

don't wanna choke to death while preparing for upsc. How are people going there coping with this?

Comments

• don't wanna choke to death while preparing for upsc. How are people going there coping with this?

If you have any chronic respiratory diseases like asthma, sinus infections etc then you may have difficulty with adjusting to Delhi weather. Pollution affects your health after long-term exposure to it.
  • Dead Man said:

don't wanna choke to death while preparing for upsc. How are people going there coping with this?

If you have any chronic respiratory diseases like asthma, sinus infections etc then you may have difficulty with adjusting to Delhi weather. Pollution affects your health after long-term exposure to it.
    I don't have any diseases as such but I've heard it's gotten really bad this year. How is ORN's situation regarding this? Thanks.
  • Dead Man said:

I don't have any diseases as such but I've heard it's gotten really bad this year. How is ORN's situation regarding this? Thanks.
    Orn is a part of Delhi.. And The Situation A Few Days Back Was That if you leave your balcony open in the evening, your eyes will ache and will Be watery.
    But Then Do We Have A ChoiCe
  • Dead Man said:

Orn is a part of Delhi.. And The Situation A Few Days Back Was That if you leave your balcony open in the evening, your eyes will ache and will Be watery.
    :( Does air purifier work?
  • Dead Man said:

I can understand your concern.. But don't think much and carry on with your plans...
    They generally do not restrict pm2.5..but something might be better than nothing..
  • Dead Man said:

Yes, it works perfectly well.
    Since, it will take some years for the situation to be corrected, do what people all over the world have done with such 'calamities'. Adapt !
    Buy a N95 mask (any brand) for outdoor travel and shield your indoors with a purifier. If you are into 'creating' stuff you can make your own at 1/10th of the market cost.
  • Could someone suggest which air purifier would be best for a room? Heard about HEPA filter and ozone etc etc.
    What are the differences? Also, how frequent do we need refilling?
  • edited December 8
    @Shad I've found this is the best guide on that. https://gadgets.ndtv.com/others/features/how-to-buy-the-best-air-purifier-in-india-1622333
    I've narrowed it down to MI air purifier 2. It does the job well and pricing is affordable. You can choose based on the size of room where you're going to keep it.
  • Pollution is a concern all over India
  • yes it is..
    my eyes water everytime i step out of house.
  • Dead Man said:

Omg that is scary.... will never go that shit hole !
    composite things decay strive diligently ..
  • secondARC said:

Pollution is a concern all over India

nowhere as bad as Delhi.
  • Thanks my jammu and kashmir is safe. Article 35a and 370 shield outsider to take land so less industrial development..less pollution...but unemployment is major concern. Luv jk atmosphere
  • Check them https://smartairfilters.com/in/en

The guy behind this was livving in china and came up with these DIY filters and hs done no. Of tests to prove its capabilty as compared to leading brands
    Check it out
  • Arey kuch pollution nahi h, thing that doesn't kills you, make u stronger :wink:

Ye sab mil k bebkoof bana rahe h Hume
    Ye bik gyi h sarkari, kuch nahi bacha ab isme
  • Naye aspirant ko dara rahe and these aspirants are getting converted into asspirants
  • @Shad I've found this is the best guide on that. https://gadgets.ndtv.com/others/features/how-to-buy-the-best-air-purifier-in-india-1622333
    I've narrowed it down to MI air purifier 2. It does the job well and pricing is affordable. You can choose based on the size of room where you're going to keep it.

Thanks. I did check that before.

I ordered 2 of the different brands from Amazon and will cancel 1 in next 4-5 days.

1. Prestige Air Purifier 4.0
    2. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier

Kindly suggest which one to keep?
  • Shad said:

@Shad I've found this is the best guide on that. https://gadgets.ndtv.com/others/features/how-to-buy-the-best-air-purifier-in-india-1622333

Thanks. I did check that before.

I ordered 2 of the different brands from Amazon and will cancel 1 in next 4-5 days.

1. Prestige Air Purifier 4.0
    2. Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier

Kindly suggest which one to keep?
    Buy the Philips one
  • edited December 9
    Jaagran said:

Arey kuch pollution nahi h, thing that doesn't kills you, make u stronger :wink:

Ye sab mil k bebkoof bana rahe h Hume
    Ye bik gyi h sarkari, kuch nahi bacha ab isme

Forum ias k saare threads jagran naamak pollution se grasit hote ja rhe h

Lagta h jald hi ise apni identity change karni pad Sakti h :D

Warna Delhi ka to pata ni, is pollution ki profile pic laal ho jayegi :trollface:
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog