ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

Notes sharing.

It is seen of late that facts are important value addition for mains answers. Has anyone prepared notes sectorwise/syllabuswise for gs and sociology optional. With facts I mean data, thinkers, quotes, eminent personalities substantiating the argument, committee/commissions, ngo, relevant ministry, legistation, policy, scheme, relevant constitutional article, international organization's similar facts, corporate data, ipc/crpc etc. I have prepared crisp notes on above points for every topic in the syllabus (especially gs2, gs3 and gs4). I want to club my notes with someone who has done similar work.

Given interviews before and an IIT grad - if at all it helps in persuading any fellow serious aspirant for notes swap.

Comments

• Anyone?
  • edited December 3
    @sands I send a message. Check ur inbox
    Hunt alone
  • Please share it to everyone.
  • Lone Wolf said:

share it with everyone

• Sure I'll do.
  • Share it bro.
  • i also want to contribute please share further details bro
  • Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    Can't you access inbox, Dr?
  • edited December 6

Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    What's going on!!
    I never thought King ll be concerned about my comment (my comments are not that worth either good or bad way)
    Hunt alone
  • That Inbox secret message I send to sands!
    I didn't received any reply.
    Hope there is no misunderstanding...
    ----------
    Hi recently I tried to form group for daily ca notes taking, it's not worked.
    Now we trying to supplement mains 365 material with monthly updates.
    Because imp issues upto Sep are covered in that, then adding monthly updates till next mains atleast is the plan.
    Other than static portion, all other issues ll get covered in this (I think facts, committees are enough) (thinking to selectively picking up v imp issues from 2016 mains 365 material also, help to ans questions asked on old issues)

We can add more quotes from news paper later
    One from crimes against women:
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s636/sh/24768dbd-f3ab-4c93-8b8b-e2b640f040fa/dc3e483e1e58f87289bfcd1fd4ff2f38
    PS: it's just edited version of mains 365, I find this better for remembering, recollection.

Like this Polity, Economy, Social issues are need to be covered. Another one person promised to do polity section, I planned to do society first then economy. If u interested u can take social issues, as ur optional is sociology, it may be useful I think, don't know exactly!
    U can message me in telegram @*******
    Hunt alone
  • Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    I can yaar. Many people inbox me daily. Maybe it's a problem with your profile.
    Let me message you.
    Lone Wolf said:

Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    What's going on!!
    I never thought King ll be concerned about my comment (my comments are not that worth either good or bad way)
    You call yourself a lone wolf and yet you are looking for partners for note making.
    That's why I called your comment ironical. ;)
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • edited December 9
    Lone Wolf said:

That Inbox secret message I send to sands!
    ----------
    Because imp issues upto Sep are covered in that, then adding monthly updates till next mains atleast is the plan.
    Other than static portion, all other issues ll get covered in this (I think facts, committees are enough) (thinking to selectively picking up v imp issues from 2016 mains 365 material also, help to ans questions asked on old issues)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s636/sh/24768dbd-f3ab-4c93-8b8b-e2b640f040fa/dc3e483e1e58f87289bfcd1fd4ff2f38
    PS: it's just edited version of mains 365, I find this better for remembering, recollection.

Like this Polity, Economy, Social issues are need to be covered. Another one person promised to do polity section, I planned to do society first then economy. If u interested u can take social issues, as ur optional is sociology, it may be useful I think, don't know exactly!

Gone through ur notes. I feel its too much to remember. Try to highlight general issues (crimes against women), reasons, present remedial solutions, lacunae, way forward. This is how UPSC forms 'General' studies questions. Specific questions like Discuss in the light of recent guidelines/judgements of apex court on legislations dealing with crimes against women may be asked though in GS2. So streamline notes on Mains answer format. Just collecting facts will be useless unless u r not able to use them in answers. (After writing 3 mains I can confidently say "Knowledge gained is waste if you can't express it in the examination" :p )
    "Unpredictable" Public Service Commission and Uncertain Future.
  • Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    I can yaar. Many people inbox me daily. Maybe it's a problem with your profile.
    Let me message you.
    Lone Wolf said:

Lone Wolf said:

Well, this is ironical.
    What's going on!!
    You call yourself a lone wolf and yet you are looking for partners for note making.
    That's why I called your comment ironical. ;)
    Yeah! I guessed that rightly!
    Hunt alone
  • edited December 9
    Vakkoda said:

Lone Wolf said:

That Inbox secret message I send to sands!
    ----------

Gone through ur notes. I feel its too much to remember. Try to highlight general issues (crimes against women), reasons, present remedial solutions, lacunae, way forward. This is how UPSC forms 'General' studies questions. Specific questions like Discuss in the light of recent guidelines/judgements of apex court on legislations dealing with crimes against women may be asked though in GS2. So streamline notes on Mains answer format. Just collecting facts will be useless unless u r not able to use them in answers. (After writing 3 mains I can confidently say "Knowledge gained is waste if you can't express it in the examination" :p )
    S what u telling is exactly correct. It's not possible to process scattered points to 20 ans inside exam hall. Our notes should be close to our ans as much as possible.
    I also realised this lately after mains.
    In that notes I just edited particular topics 365 material and still its need to be organised with other articles, class notes etc.
    I am trying to make existing materials exam oriented than looking for more materials.
    Hunt alone
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog