ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

IRS above IPS

Can anyone suggest some good reasons for filing IRS(IT) above IPS for telling in interview ??

Comments

• HHH said:

Can anyone suggest some good reasons for filing IRS(IT) above IPS for telling in interview ??

Physically not that efficient to lead the operations
  • Opkiki said:

HHH said:

+1
  • Opkiki said:

HHH said:

Can you also kindly give a good condition for keeping IPS.IRS before IFS?
  • Lion_King said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

remove not
  • Lion_King said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

remove not
    Sorry sir. I didnt get yu!
  • i dont like doing gaali galoch..
    i have seen kk menon abusing badshah khan in black friday, soo...
  • Opkiki said:

HHH said:

IMHO this is not a good argument.... i want arguments on lines of contributing for indian economy etc.
  • Lion_King said:

Lion_King said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

remove not
    Sorry sir. I didnt get yu!
    Tell them you like a phusically demanding job rather than a desk job thats why IPS above rest ... BTW is it ur ist or 2nd option? If 2nd then you can't use this... but can use this one... I like to be much more directly involved with public and IAS AND IPS are both such options with greater and more direct public contact .
  • please suggest a reason which is not fallible when further cross questioning is done during interview.
  • HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

IMHO this is not a good argument.... i want arguments on lines of contributing for indian economy etc.
    That will be a weak argument an IPS can contribute more toward economy in a multi dimensional way then a tax collector.
  • HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

That will be a weak argument an IPS can contribute more toward economy in a multi dimensional way then a tax collector.
    what do you suggest then ?
  • HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

My interests are not in line with a police job. I might not be a good fit. Hence I chose IRS over IPS.

Ye kaisa rahega.
    The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.
  • HHH said:

HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

what do you suggest then ?
    IWRA waala simple bolo interest nahi hai
  • IWRA said:

HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

My interests are not in line with a police job. I might not be a good fit. Hence I chose IRS over IPS.

Ye kaisa rahega.
    yeh simple and straight forward hai acha hai
  • Bhai Jo sahi me Hai wahi keh do
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • IWRA said:

HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

Ye kaisa rahega.
    You can mention any of the following arguments:

1. If u background in finances like commerce then u can mention that irs involves both opportunities for public service as well as pursing ur interest.

2. Otherwise u can tell that u are a man of letters who like to use his pen rather than a weapon.on the top of that..IPS may end up using it 24*7....

3. Since order of services is a matter of preference ...so u would like to be an irs more than ips...but if required u r ready to serve as ips also...

3. IRS being a central service would allow to be stationed in different parts of India....whereas in ips being a AIS would make u spend major part of ur career in a single state.....
    Prelim: 4 , Mains: 3*( 750 marks in mains 2016), Interview: 0
    Optional : Sociology
  • IWRA said:

HHH said:

Opkiki said:

HHH said:

Ye kaisa rahega.
    You can mention any of the following arguments:

1. If u background in finances like commerce then u can mention that irs involves both opportunities for public service as well as pursing ur interest.

2. Otherwise u can tell that u are a man of letters who like to use his pen rather than a weapon.on the top of that..IPS may end up using it 24*7....

3. Since order of services is a matter of preference ...so u would like to be an irs more than ips...but if required u r ready to serve as ips also...

3. IRS being a central service would allow to be stationed in different parts of India....whereas in ips being a AIS would make u spend major part of ur career in a single state.....
    thanks....i will improvise on lines of your arguments
  • Mera he IRS and IAAS above IPS , i think similar lines pe thik rahega jo upar mentioned he ? Ya kuch aur kar sakte he?
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • bugsbunny said:

Mera he IRS and IAAS above IPS , i think similar lines pe thik rahega jo upar mentioned he ? Ya kuch aur kar sakte he?

Any justifications for IAAS over Ips and Irs?
  • HHH said:

1.I would like to stay in urban areas/metros because of spouse's job/education etc

2.The importance of Income tax dept is increasing day by day given the hunt against black money and need to broaden tax base

3.want to balance time between family and job

Don't criticise any service in interview.Just state positives of the service which you've put higher up the order.

CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • IRS as d 1st choice...above ias n ips...any more point which u can add...plz help!!!
  • HHH said:

1.I would like to stay in urban areas/metros because of spouse's job/education etc

2.The importance of Income tax dept is increasing day by day given the hunt against black money and need to broaden tax base

Don't criticise any service in interview.Just state positives of the service which you've put higher up the order.

But dont u think these three are already criticisms and secondly by stating urban areas and metros , we can trap ourselves as IAS is not necessarily an urban based job forget about metro
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

• bugsbunny said:

HHH said:

But dont u think these three are already criticisms and secondly by stating urban areas and metros , we can trap ourselves as IAS is not necessarily an urban based job forget about metro
    +1 sir
    metro, urban bolte hi you are doomed. trupence sir senti ho gaye, wo north east ke shikhar ho sakte hai :mrgreen:
  • IRS as d 1st choice...above ias n ips...any more point which u can add...plz help!!!

a fool will do that.
    sab dinchak awdhesh singh ka kiya dhara hai. Logo ko faltu m pagal bana raha.
    Kabhi kisi MLA se baat karna, unko IRS ganta nahi pata. unhe lagta hai SSC se aye hai. IFoS tak pata ho hai depsite separate exam.
    IAS m finance m kaam kar sakte hai. Revenue board ke chairman IAS hai. lolwa :mrgreen:
  • HHH said:

but 1 and 3 point will be against "IAS as 1st preference."

Thats a very interesting choice , background kya he?
    I guess for u the best answer would be telling them about the increasing role irs can play in ensuring clean india (budget ka theme)
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

• bugsbunny said:

HHH said:

Reason 1 and 2 are positives of IRS/personal compulsions which memebers do consider.

Reason 3 is negative of IPS packaged in a better way.

For IAS you can say that after initial years ,majority of postings are in urban areas or divisional headquarters.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • HHH said:

HHH said:

but 1 and 3 point will be against "IAS as 1st preference."
    Triple H bhai itni tension mat lo ...yeh bahut kam log ko poochte hein
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog