ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

OPSC 2017

Notification out, friends! Gear up for D-Day.

Comments

• Does it make any sense ??? Less than ONE month for exam from notification date ????
    This is creating negative impression for administration than being appreciated ...
  • Is opsc fair to outsiders?
  • banbhatt said:

Is opsc fair to outsiders?

• Don't worry..a big protest will be done by us to postpone the exam date..
    ANBM said:

Does it make any sense ??? Less than ONE month for exam from notification date ????
    This is creating negative impression for administration than being appreciated ...

ANBM said:

Does it make any sense ??? Less than ONE month for exam from notification date ????

Haha.. top class bakchodi :D
  • I read the notification.

Reading,writing n speaking of odia with a school level certificate is compulsory.

That effectively eliminates all the outsiders.

• Hello All!

1) one big change is paper 2 is now qualifying.
    2) I did not undertand the change in Age relaxation.Can someone pls help.

• chinmayee said:

Hello All!

Age relaxation is for thise who belong to category and i think for woman as well and the notification says lets say one is eligible for two age relaxations(mostly women sc or st) than he/she will get only one which is best suited for that individual that is lets one is a st women though she is elogible for age relaxation for both she will get only one and it would be the one where she will get the max benifit

I guess this is what ur asking , right?
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • thanks for replying.but i you compare last year notification with this year, one complete para was on age relaxation.this year its missing . so wanted to know what is the catch here. or i everything same?
  • chinmayee said:

Hello All!

those who had appeared ocs 2015/16, for them one extra attempt..
  • nice to see you people as you have activated urslef..thanks to opsc..as usual opsc stands by his/her nature..ghor ******..
  • ocs 2016 is next, most probably next week..good luck
  • bugsbunny said:

chinmayee said:

Hello All!

Age relaxation is for thise who belong to category and i think for woman as well and the notification says lets say one is eligible for two age relaxations(mostly women sc or st) than he/she will get only one which is best suited for that individual that is lets one is a st women though she is elogible for age relaxation for both she will get only one and it would be the one where she will get the max benifit

u r correct..jau category re max benift miliba..seita miliba..both category cant be clubbed together, for example, if someone is handicapped as well as SC, then, either he can opt sc or PH category but cant claim both
  • banbhatt said:

Is opsc fair to outsiders?

that is difficult to say, but one thing i can say, opsc is not that fair to insiders as well

ANBM said:

his excellency pattanik babu"s instruction to GA dept that conduct prelims asap..so thin chance of postponing the exam..
    thus,its better to focos on exam
  • deb007 said:

ocs 2016 is next, most probably next week..good luck

you mean interview of OCS-2016?? how can that happen?
  • deb007 said:

bugsbunny said:

chinmayee said:

Hello All!

u r correct..jau category re max benift miliba..seita miliba..both category cant be clubbed together, for example, if someone is handicapped as well as SC, then, either he can opt sc or PH category but cant claim both
    i understand what both of you said. But my point is the missing para regarding age relaxation! Does that imply any new change?
  • chinmayee said:

deb007 said:

ocs 2016 is next, most probably next week..good luck

you mean interview of OCS-2016?? how can that happen?
    it will happen...because the result is awaited since 2-3 month
  • chinmayee said:

deb007 said:

bugsbunny said:

chinmayee said:

Hello All!

i understand what both of you said. But my point is the missing para regarding age relaxation! Does that imply any new change?
    ok..dont worry about age relaxation..I guess u dont need age relaxation..
    very less time, try to cover up GS as much as possible and emphais on CA
  • Which things to cover up for 2017 prelims, any idea?
  • guy how is forestry optional in opsc?? is it mark fetching?? is the syllabus same as IFos?
    please help!!!
  • guy how is forestry optional in opsc?? is it mark fetching?? is the syllabus same as IFos?
    please help!!!

Very much mark fetching..atleast in last two year it was the case..hope that will continue
  • sp_501 said:

Which things to cover up for 2017 prelims, any idea?

basic polity, history, geography
    and current affairs of last 7-8 month

ANBM said:

That's odisha baby not mp up bihar...kisi bhi thread pe jati ho kya :smiley:
  • IceMan said:

Don't worry..a big protest will be done by us to postpone the exam date..

ANBM said:

Haha.. top class bakchodi :D
    :joy: :joy: :joy: devsena ji sabu state ra pcs deyechi
  • @deb007 hey... tumara kana optional??? mun IFoS pain bhi forestry semiti padhibi.. so, opsc re bhi forestry nebi boli bhabuchi.. but syllabus complete match karuni... sethi pain worried..
  • which book or website you all are referring for paper1 in prelim
  • @deb007 hey... tumara kana optional??? mun IFoS pain bhi forestry semiti padhibi.. so, opsc re bhi forestry nebi boli bhabuchi.. but syllabus complete match karuni... sethi pain worried..

mora pub ad n socio, but m not attempting this year
    dont worry abt forestry..bhala mark paiba
  • Does anyone have detailed idea about Optionals Like : Education, Home science, Sociology, Forestry, Geology, Philosophy. for Opsc how to prepare, availability of resources and time required for coverage. What would be a good combination of optionals?

Please throw some light... really confused....
  • Exam postponed..cheers.. vacancy will increse
    IMG-20171205-WA0001.jpg
    566 x 1280 - 204K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog