ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

One last time.

I don't know where to begin. After trying for 2 years and not even passing prelims is disheartening. Wanted to give up but support from family and others kindled the fire again to try one more time.You know how it is.
Just wanted to ask for help from veterans (though which is what I am now ,may be).How to cope up from such a loss and go do it.Give me some tips to manage studies and life.Also coming back to prep after 4 months after prelims.So how to clear this exam in 6 more months?
Cheers

Comments

• I am no veteran but here are my 2 cents.

This year was my 1st attempt and I cleared Prelims with a 8hr working job.
    All I can say is manage your time well. Don't go through a lot of materials and join a prelims test series and judiciously follow it with time table. Learn from the mistakes in test series and improve on it.

A topper once said no matter what, she dedicated 10hrs a day till the last day of mains every day. That should be the level of consistency which we need to approach this exam.
  • Neondust said:

I don't know where to begin. After trying for 2 years and not even passing prelims is disheartening. Wanted to give up but support from family and others kindled the fire again to try one more time.You know how it is.
    Just wanted to ask for help from veterans (though which is what I am now ,may be).How to cope up from such a loss and go do it.Give me some tips to manage studies and life.Also coming back to prep after 4 months after prelims.So how to clear this exam in 6 more months?
    Cheers

Hello,

First of all don't write *not even passing prelims*

Prelims is a bit tricky, and anyone can flunk prelims easily if you are even little careless.

I don't know what to say, but I understand your position.

Though I have not flunked in prelims, I was writing prelims last year after a gap of three years and was exactly in the same shape as you.

To make matters worse there are so many websites and free stuff.

Keep revising the basic books and solve as many questions as you can.

Take any two test series between vision forum and insights and solve them.

If you are in Delhi, I would strongly suggest you to meet neyawn sir. He was a life saviour for me for prelims last year. For Mains too, but I didn't make it to the final list so cannot say much.

You will really need a good guide or a mentor, someone you can talk to, since that is what you won't get easily anywhere, trust me.

I'm.my years of preparation I have realised that studying is half the game, motivation is another half. Stop just lying at your room and go out , take some morning walk, start studying . If you can afford do meet neyawn sir once. He is one person I know who truly helped me at least.
  • Also, one last advice. If you have a group and no-one is clearing prelims, change your group. Stay alone and start working hard. Or make new friends.

Try to change all the environment around you and avoid negative people. If you can study well, you will clear prelims. There is lot of time.
  • Thanks you @anjus and @azadazzu for replying. Will keep in mind and move on strongly.
  • anjus said:

Neondust said:

Cheers

Hello,

First of all don't write *not even passing prelims*

Prelims is a bit tricky, and anyone can flunk prelims easily if you are even little careless.

I don't know what to say, but I understand your position.

Though I have not flunked in prelims, I was writing prelims last year after a gap of three years and was exactly in the same shape as you.

To make matters worse there are so many websites and free stuff.

Keep revising the basic books and solve as many questions as you can.

Take any two test series between vision forum and insights and solve them.

If you are in Delhi, I would strongly suggest you to meet neyawn sir. He was a life saviour for me for prelims last year. For Mains too, but I didn't make it to the final list so cannot say much.

You will really need a good guide or a mentor, someone you can talk to, since that is what you won't get easily anywhere, trust me.

I'm.my years of preparation I have realised that studying is half the game, motivation is another half. Stop just lying at your room and go out , take some morning walk, start studying . If you can afford do meet neyawn sir once. He is one person I know who truly helped me at least.
    I am in Delhi ,how n when I meet neyawn sir
  • @Neondust

"Du Bakar" everyday, week in week out till prelims. On that day, keep calm and do your thing. All the best!
  • Dont do more then one test series,later many pays the price. Make it one and revise it dilligently.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog