Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Does any one have 'Not just an accountant' Pdf ?

Does any one have 'Not just an accountant' Pdf ?...Thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    This book is a waste of time. The perspective of Vinod Rai seems biased. While eulogizing a leader of Kerala (when he was officer there in 1980's) it seems officers who take sides in party politics today will do the same when writing their memoirs.

Nothing more than a big "LekhaJokha" of the top Lekhpal. Heavy on facts.
    "थककर बैठ गये क्या भाई! मंजिल दूर नहीं है। "
  • This book is a waste of time. The perspective of Vinod Rai seems biased. While eulogizing a leader of Kerala (when he was officer there in 1980's) it seems officers who take sides in party politics today will do the same when writing their memoirs.

Nothing more than a big "LekhaJokha" of the top Lekhpal. Heavy on facts.

+1
    Bakwaas book! Too much biased and self-righteousness

Waise, some discussions about CAG powers and how scams happened may be interesting n useful. But book is very avg.

I liked first chapter of his early service life, but it was way too short. Usi pe book likha hota to b sahi rehta
    CSE '16 : Interview
  • ansh225 said:

I ll suggest you read Poor but Spirited in Karimnagar, by Sumita Dawra. One of the rare book in this genre which does not look political executive asn en enemy but part of the system.

No PDF available.
    Geography Optional.
  • ansh225 said:

I ll suggest you read Poor but Spirited in Karimnagar, by Sumita Dawra. One of the rare book in this genre which does not look political executive as en enemy but part of the system.

No PDF available.
    Yes.. this book is good, Some ground-level info about working of IAS. It's also inspiring.

agree with that part, most of other books focus on blaming the system only.
    CSE '16 : Interview
  • Vinod Rai talks like "Court Historian" of Bhartiya Jumla Party. Not only was CBI the caged parrot but Vinod Rai showed that even CAG could also creep to please the new political masters.
    "थककर बैठ गये क्या भाई! मंजिल दूर नहीं है। "
  • Bechare ne PDF maangi bs,bakiyon ne book ki hi aisi taisi kar di..:P
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
  • take. this.. have uploaded. it just nw..

you can thank me later

https://ufile.io/14ozq
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -3 Mains-3* Interview - 0*
  • take. this.. have uploaded. it just nw..
    you can thank me later
    https://ufile.io/14ozq

+1

• I personally feel that Book is useful You could easily quote it in exams...(Anything remotely related to corruption)..baaki it is purist as mentioned above.
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • @sameerkulkarni - Thanks for sharing.
  • @ All - Thanks for discussing critical analysis of this book.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog