10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.

Which CGL post is most conducive to CSE preparation?

Hello,

With 3 (hitherto unsuccessful) attempts[3 Mains, 2 interviews] at CSE, I'm planning to take up a job through CGL'17 due to some pressing concerns. Which post will give me the liberty to indulge in CSE preparation without any hassles whatsoever? Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • Divisional accountants..lekin uski posting Delhi me nhi hai...
  • Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.
    A backup should be a sustainable one as well.
    Revolution 2020
  • Kira said:

    Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.
    A backup should be a sustainable one as well.

    Hey can u give suggestions for other posts as well?i didn't qualify the aao cutoff
  • Css/mea/assistant in other ministries--- these are top priority for upsc aspirants just because of delhi posting mostly and fixed 9-5 timings.
    Cag DA is also very good option for upsc prep.

    Baki, i think post preferably apne hisaab se bharna chaiye- like some like ITI/cbi raid maarne ke liye.

    Join pagalguy groups for detailed discussions and nuances related to various jobs.
    Qmaths pe bhi post preferences achaa di hui thi sayad.
    Revolution 2020
  • Kira said:

    Css/mea/assistant in other ministries--- these are top priority for upsc aspirants just because of delhi posting mostly and fixed 9-5 timings.
    Cag DA is also very good option for upsc prep.

    Baki, i think post preferably apne hisaab se bharna chaiye- like some like ITI/cbi raid maarne ke liye.

    Join pagalguy groups for detailed discussions and nuances related to various jobs.
    Qmaths pe bhi post preferences achaa di hui thi sayad.

    Thanks!
  • Kira said:

    Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.
    A backup should be a sustainable one as well.

    Yaar AAO mein time milega kya preparation ka ek baar join karne ke baad....aur SAS exam kitna tough hota hai....wo kitna time khayega 2020-21 ke time par..... divisional accountant aur AAO ye sab mein extension kitne dino ka mil sakta hai....last but not the least sabse late joining kis post ki aati hai @Kira @Gurukul
  • Sas toh karna hi padega. But deptt provides coaching and pays for the exam as well. Also, if you arent from commerce background, mostly you would be given civil audit where sas clearing rate is 99% as per my knowledge. Its a touring job, so 5 day week se jyada hi hai iski requirements, time to study will need to be extracted judicially. But it is gazetted post, 60k+ inhand and a good job nonetheless.
    No idea on extension.
    Revolution 2020
  • Kira said:

    Sas toh karna hi padega. But deptt provides coaching and pays for the exam as well. Also, if you arent from commerce background, mostly you would be given civil audit where sas clearing rate is 99% as per my knowledge. Its a touring job, so 5 day week se jyada hi hai iski requirements, time to study will need to be extracted judicially. But it is gazetted post, 60k+ inhand and a good job nonetheless.
    No idea on extension.

    okk thanks
  • edited November 2017
    Is this discussion about 2017 exam or the one that happened in 2016?

    Is the post of Junior Statistical Officer worth giving extra effort (of preparing for statistics) to?
  • Is this discussion about 2017 exam or the one that happened in 2016?

    Is the post of Junior Statistical Officer worth giving extra effort (of preparing for statistics) to?

    I think JSO worth it ni hai, unless you already have full idea of stats syllabus. There are better paying and profile jobs available through ssc.
    Revolution 2020
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Online Classes By Best Coaching Institutes In India
    NeoStencil partners with the best teachers and institutes to make sure that our students achieve the highest possible All India Rank.
  • Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.
    Erik the Red reached Murica 500 years before Columbus.
  • Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    AAO(civil stream)... provided there are any vacancies in WB.
  • Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    Examiner, preventive officer, Accountant...In AAO last year there were nil vacancies in WB. In AAO around 20 days in a month you will be out of the Kolkata....So no fixed posting in Kolkata per se....Almost same is the case with the auditor
  • mimansa said:

    Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    Examiner, preventive officer, Accountant...In AAO last year there were nil vacancies in WB. In AAO around 20 days in a month you will be out of the Kolkata....So no fixed posting in Kolkata per se....Almost same is the case with the auditor
    So apart from MEA none then technically speaking?
    Erik the Red reached Murica 500 years before Columbus.
  • mimansa said:

    Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    Examiner, preventive officer, Accountant...In AAO last year there were nil vacancies in WB. In AAO around 20 days in a month you will be out of the Kolkata....So no fixed posting in Kolkata per se....Almost same is the case with the auditor
    So apart from MEA none then technically speaking?
    in examiner, preventive officer and Accountant you can get permanent Kolkata posting.
  • mimansa said:

    mimansa said:

    Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    Examiner, preventive officer, Accountant...In AAO last year there were nil vacancies in WB. In AAO around 20 days in a month you will be out of the Kolkata....So no fixed posting in Kolkata per se....Almost same is the case with the auditor
    So apart from MEA none then technically speaking?
    in examiner, preventive officer and Accountant you can get permanent Kolkata posting.
    I heard that two posts one from PWD Dept and another from Railways have permenant posting in one's home state.
  • Dead Man said:

    mimansa said:

    mimansa said:

    Which CGL job can have fixed Kolkata posting can anyone clarify? Apart from MEA regional ofc.

    Examiner, preventive officer, Accountant...In AAO last year there were nil vacancies in WB. In AAO around 20 days in a month you will be out of the Kolkata....So no fixed posting in Kolkata per se....Almost same is the case with the auditor
    So apart from MEA none then technically speaking?
    in examiner, preventive officer and Accountant you can get permanent Kolkata posting.
    I heard that two posts one from PWD Dept and another from Railways have permenant posting in one's home state.
    Divisional Accountant...yes you can permanently get the home state...but it is a transferrable job...after 3 years you will be transferred....you can be at a station for maximum 6 years for two assignments of 3 years each....after that you can't be posted to that station for next 15 years....so you will have to relocate to a new station every 6 years compulsorily and sometimes even after 3 years....As far as I know there is no such post in Railway through SSC where you will be permanently in your home state....OP asked about permanent posting in Kolkata City ONLY... that's why I listed only three relevant posts.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog