MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Which CGL post is most conducive to CSE preparation?

Hello,

With 3 (hitherto unsuccessful) attempts[3 Mains, 2 interviews] at CSE, I'm planning to take up a job through CGL'17 due to some pressing concerns. Which post will give me the liberty to indulge in CSE preparation without any hassles whatsoever? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Divisional accountants..lekin uski posting Delhi me nhi hai...
  • Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.
    A backup should be a sustainable one as well.
  • Kira said:

Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.

Hey can u give suggestions for other posts as well?i didn't qualify the aao cutoff
  • Css/mea/assistant in other ministries--- these are top priority for upsc aspirants just because of delhi posting mostly and fixed 9-5 timings.
    Cag DA is also very good option for upsc prep.

Baki, i think post preferably apne hisaab se bharna chaiye- like some like ITI/cbi raid maarne ke liye.

Join pagalguy groups for detailed discussions and nuances related to various jobs.
    Qmaths pe bhi post preferences achaa di hui thi sayad.
  • Kira said:

Css/mea/assistant in other ministries--- these are top priority for upsc aspirants just because of delhi posting mostly and fixed 9-5 timings.
    Cag DA is also very good option for upsc prep.

Baki, i think post preferably apne hisaab se bharna chaiye- like some like ITI/cbi raid maarne ke liye.

Join pagalguy groups for detailed discussions and nuances related to various jobs.
    Qmaths pe bhi post preferences achaa di hui thi sayad.

Thanks!
  • Kira said:

Aao lelo mil ri hai agar toh! Joining 2019 tak aayegi. You will have one full year after December exams to study peacefully.

Yaar AAO mein time milega kya preparation ka ek baar join karne ke baad....aur SAS exam kitna tough hota hai....wo kitna time khayega 2020-21 ke time par..... divisional accountant aur AAO ye sab mein extension kitne dino ka mil sakta hai....last but not the least sabse late joining kis post ki aati hai @Kira @Gurukul
  • Sas toh karna hi padega. But deptt provides coaching and pays for the exam as well. Also, if you arent from commerce background, mostly you would be given civil audit where sas clearing rate is 99% as per my knowledge. Its a touring job, so 5 day week se jyada hi hai iski requirements, time to study will need to be extracted judicially. But it is gazetted post, 60k+ inhand and a good job nonetheless.
    No idea on extension.
  • Kira said:

Sas toh karna hi padega. But deptt provides coaching and pays for the exam as well. Also, if you arent from commerce background, mostly you would be given civil audit where sas clearing rate is 99% as per my knowledge. Its a touring job, so 5 day week se jyada hi hai iski requirements, time to study will need to be extracted judicially. But it is gazetted post, 60k+ inhand and a good job nonetheless.
    No idea on extension.

okk thanks
  • edited November 15
    Is this discussion about 2017 exam or the one that happened in 2016?

Is the post of Junior Statistical Officer worth giving extra effort (of preparing for statistics) to?
  • Is this discussion about 2017 exam or the one that happened in 2016?

Is the post of Junior Statistical Officer worth giving extra effort (of preparing for statistics) to?

I think JSO worth it ni hai, unless you already have full idea of stats syllabus. There are better paying and profile jobs available through ssc.
  • Thanks everyone!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog