MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

UPSC coaching in AICSCC chennai is good?

Any suggestions please!

Comments

• Nope . No coaching institute fullfill requirement of what one ought to be need to clear this exam.. but this institute was run by govt , so govt civil servants regularly coming to teach some topics on their exoerience
  • edited November 14
    Around 5 months
    Comfortable stay, good food!

Thats all, don't expect anything on coaching aspect.

Join only for self study or if any issues with your current staying, food.
    Expire@2017.
  • @Brock_Lesnar Taken coaching in AICSCC?
    R U doing self study for UPSC?
  • @krsanthosh16195
    Yes!
    Yes!

Btw some optimistic opinion about AICSCC apart from stay, food.
    Study hall, WiFi, few serious experienced aspirants who really going to clear.
    So if u serious, focused on preparation u ll get some company of right people.
    Institute ll freely arrange some prelims test series like Shankar, TIME, Insights (this can be attended by outsiders also)

Also distractions there,
    Some aspirants find new friends(!) and waste months, come to reality only a month before exam.

So mostly don't expect classes, it ll go without any proper organising.
    After two months not even 5 persons sit inside classroom, so faculties also won't teach anything seriously.

Expire@2017.
  • edited November 14

48 questions @Valluvar

Ok u ll get selected.
    My final opinion,
    It's only for 5 months, after prelims mostly they ask to vacate and start admission for mains only after prelims results.

U need ur own plan, strategy to clear exam.
    U can just utilise their facilities (earlier mentioned) for ur preparation.

Beware of classes, functions like programme, toppers/ officers talks. Its a govt institute, so these like arrangements happen regularly without any outcome.
    U may attend classes selectively as long as u feel it's useful
    (actually most of the faculties are good and from private institutes, but they invite many faculties to take same subject and repeat same topic without completing remaining portion, some faculties visit only 1 or 2 lectures, there won't be any continuity, like this it ll goes, hope u understand)

If u not planning to join any coaching, then it's better to join there.
    If u join, remember to start preparation without wasting time.
    ATB!

Expire@2017.
  • @Brock_Lesnar I already done UPSC coaching at MNT (Manidhaneyam IAS academy).
    Is it worth to join AICSCC?
    P.S:Gave attempt at 2017 prelims and got score of 99 marks as per Shankar IAS academy key.
    Can I join AICSCC ? @Brock_Lesnar
  • All I can say is don't go in the hope of some coaching, there is no proper coaching in AICSCC!
    It's just for facilities like stay, food, study hall, some test series etc.

Yes ur prelims score is good, definitely u can manage with self study for prelims preparation.

Decision should be based on ur situation, requirements.
    Dont join - If u already staying in some good place, no issues with food etc and importantly preparing well and not interested in shifting to new place.

Join - if no issues with shifting, presently ur preparation not upto the mark, want some changes and need good study environment.

AICSCC is good place to study if u settled and start to focus on preparation. Max there won't be disturbances.
    If any bedbugs issue, they ll ask all to shift our things to some other buildings for 2, 3 days)
    Water - Daily morning and evening supplied for few hours, other time u need to use water filled in big drum that available. Don't know about present situation.
    Overall facilities, administration is depends on Principal, so it's varies..
    Expire@2017.
  • @Brock_Lesnar I am currently preparing full time,For banks and CSE
    Can I have Ur contact no?
    Please ping me!
  • edited November 14
    If u need anything contact me in Telegram
    Expire@2017.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog