MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Going Back to IT After 2nd Attempt

Hello friends, in my 1st attempt in 2016, I failed in Prelims and now I cleared Prelims 2017 and just wrote Mains 2017. Mains did not go well for me, it was kind of disappointment. I have made notes for all sections of Mains examination and now it just requires current affairs updates.I am thinking to go back to IT job and then update current affairs and given my remaining attempts. Is it a wise move? Parents are OK with me continuing the preparation but I do feel moral pressure to get a job. Please help. Thanks

Comments

• Please share your notes
    Yes. I am in love with Kanimozhi.
  • Hello friends, in my 1st attempt in 2016, I failed in Prelims and now I cleared Prelims 2017 and just wrote Mains 2017. Mains did not go well for me, it was kind of disappointment. I have made notes for all sections of Mains examination and now it just requires current affairs updates.I am thinking to go back to IT job and then update current affairs and given my remaining attempts. Is it a wise move? Parents are OK with me continuing the preparation but I do feel moral pressure to get a job. Please help. Thanks

It is a good plan. If u have covered your basics then you can go back and start working but to keep up to date and prepared u must join test series and give them regularly over weekends. It will help u evaluate your progress and keep u engaged in the UPSC journey.
  • Hello friends, in my 1st attempt in 2016, I failed in Prelims and now I cleared Prelims 2017 and just wrote Mains 2017. Mains did not go well for me, it was kind of disappointment. I have made notes for all sections of Mains examination and now it just requires current affairs updates.I am thinking to go back to IT job and then update current affairs and given my remaining attempts. Is it a wise move? Parents are OK with me continuing the preparation but I do feel moral pressure to get a job. Please help. Thanks

I am not sure whether you will get enough time to prepare with a job, that too an IT job. So, unless you are sure of getting preparation time with your job don't take it. Wait for one more attempt at least.
  • This is India toughest competition, so don't be superman, if sitting and reading you have failed then with job almost impossible to clear, there are plenty of jobs for intelligent people, so first give your best then think for alternative
  • Take time. If you have some good job on plate go for it. For next 3 4 5 months you can experiment whether you can carry it along or not .. if you feel ok keep it in hand otherwise come back again by kicking it again. :)

No harm in being in job once ur basics are made. Rest is sheer will power game. Many here are doing same :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • u just made the right decision bro
  • edited November 15
    Join a company like Infosys or TCS where you can get time to study and choose projects
    "If one takes care of the means, the end will take care of itself.
  • It's very good to go back..don't give a second thought.
  • edited November 15
    I just want to say this thing to you bro.
    1.jpeg
    1080 x 1277 - 233K
    1.jpeg 233.4K
    Yes. I am in love with Kanimozhi.
  • edited November 15
    Bhai this is a very subjective question but fir bhi agar moral pressure h to fir khud ko force karna theek nahi.. Aage fir pressure sa built hota h..

If you have a choice to rejoin then just check a few basic factors.
    flexibility in job..Whether you can get leave during prelims etc.
    Number of hours you can give peacefully esp for optional weekly..GS 1,3 are generally not that big an issue..
    Kind of workload. Sometimes it more of a psychological stress(even after office time). waise me studies nahi ho pati proper..Hence ineffective for an aspirant..
    Friends who understand your aspirations. Prefer people who are preparing for any competetive exam.

Also fill a few govt jobs forms, choice of which should be based on your comfort with the syllabus.

Advantages of a job apart from salary.
    best utilisation of time. Itna kuch hota bhi nahi prep me, if basic orientation is once made.
    Social life.. Versatility is essential even for effective preperation.
    Choice and hence stress free life.

Cons
    Immense will power required to work hard consistently.

There are many examples where people have made it in <300 while working in private.
    Just make sure your decision complement your preperation..
    Agar doubt ho ki zyada hi hactic ho jayega to yaar fir koi matlab nahi h.(friends/collegues se acche se consult kar lena is baare mein)

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog