MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Attempted essays and expected marks

Agriculture and women.....130

Comments

• Agri and women....Must be 130+
  • In agriculture,
    Started with the story that we go to temple to worship God ( as He is Taranhar,Palanhar) and present fruits, vegetable, food etc but the real god is a farmer..
    But we read peasant of tamilnadu demonstrating or police shooting in Mandsaur or suicide in Maharashtra etc
    No farmer wants his next generation work in field..
    Then statistics of agri in GDP like share, primary sector, employment etc but 
    Agriculture is not viable and this starts from production to marketing...
    Mansoon ka juaa, small farm, no machinisation, no proper use of fertilizer and irrigation issue
    Marketing challenge, no warehouse, no institulalisation of loan, APMC act etc
    Then govt plan and niti draft for double income to 2022
    Why it is compulsory to make agriculture attractive...
    How would it be achieved...2nd green revolution, evergreen revolution, lab to land research, digital india benefits to agriculture, new research of crops, food processing etc
    What initiative govt has taken like insurance scheme, irrigation scheme, enam etc and positive conclusion for the betterment of a farmer..
    Ensuring his smiling face would be the real worship of Palanhar, Taranhar....(farmer).

Btw I am a hindi medium student.
    Kindly review
  • please review my essay....
    On Woman Issue, 2nd Essay

Started with the lines of Pink Movie poem
    तू खुद की खोज में निकल,
    तू किस लिए हताश है,
    तू चल तेरे वजूद की,
    समय को भी तलाश है

and then told the example of metro driving girl, chhavi rajawat in uno, pv sandhu in olympic podium etc but the darker side is also there when we read a woman burnt or any nirbhaya etc.
    Then I described first the new woman in india in society, politics, economy , sports etc and again what's not fulfilment still not done like temple entry or talak issue, sarpanch pati concept, woman reservation, materialisation of woman, pati parmeshwar concept, dangal dialogue mhari chhorian....
    Next I discussed the reason like second sex, one is not born woman, reasons behind
    Then why we need completeness of a woman for a better society
    Then role of govt, male society to change and
    In between I put the line too....If development is not engendered,it is endangered.
    End with a self written poem....

नहीं माँगती मैं ऊँचा पद,
    मुझको दे दो मेरे सारे हक।
    आधी नहीं मैं साझी हूँ,
    मैं भी इस नाव की माँझी हूँ।
    मुझे दिला दो मेरा आकार,
    हम मिल कर करेंगे, नव युग का सपना साकार।
    जब राजा के साथ होगी सदैव रानी,
    तब ही तो कही जाएगी, नव युग की सच्ची कहानी।
    हे,पुरुष नहीं हूँ मैं तुम्हारी बल हारी,
    मैं तो बस हूँ, नये युग की नारी।।।।
  • new economic measures and impact on fiscal ties + social media.

expecting 140+

marks in 2016- 146
  • I find only few wrote om destiny classrooms
    I thought it would hv been attempted maximum but atleast 25 log jinse discuss kiya hardly 3-4 ne likha h
  • new economic measures and impact on fiscal ties + social media.

expecting 140+

marks in 2016- 146

What did you write in the social media one?
  • Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130
    This year expected:- 110-150
    I haven't figured out what really works in essay.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Social Media is inherently a selfish medium:
    Intro: Generic rise of media in 21st century and the debate about whether it is selfish or magnanimous.

Selfish because:
    1) Purpose of Creation: Official aim to 'Connect People' and seems free on face value, but is actually not. We are an investment and all these companies are worth billions. They use our search history for advertisements, etc.

2) Issue of Data: Data is said to be the new oil and sites like Facebook and Twitter have access to a lot of our personal data. Mentioned the WhatsApp issue.

3) Misuse of Popularity: Facebook presenting 'Free Basics' on account of its popularity as a social media website, effectively going against net neutrality. Even though TRAI didn't allow, they are using it in some African countries.

4) Use by agents other than creators: Propaganda, Fake News, can be misused by a totalitarian government etc.

So, anonymity can be easily misused, but not entirely selfish.

Not Selfish because:
    1) Service delivery and awareness campaigns: 'Twitter Sewa', 'Selfie with Daughter' etc.

2) Social Media and Social Cooperation: People helping each other during Manchester terrorist attacks, during demonetization time in India, Chennai Floods.

3) Social Media and Social Justice: News can reach to every person. For eg: Governments of EU reaction on the images of the drowned kid, United Airlines fiasco.

4) Can be effectively used in disaster management.

Conclusion: Even though the purpose of creators might have been inherently selfish, the media provides an interesting opportunity to be used unselfishly, as seen in above examples.

@Cremator @Maddeadpool @integral_unity Bhai log ek baar review kar do.
    Aur kisi aur ne ispe likha hai toh apna bhi share karo please.
  • 1-NAM
    2-New Women

Expecting 130+ .
    Let's see..
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130

Main to Doctor Saab FARMING aur SOCIAL MEDIA pe likh ke aaya hun.. zyadatar ne yahi likha hai...kahin apna kat na jaaye!! :neutral:
    "थककर बैठ गये क्या भाई! मंजिल दूर नहीं है। "
  • Catman said:

Social Media is inherently a selfish medium:
    Intro: Generic rise of media in 21st century and the debate about whether it is selfish or magnanimous.

Selfish because:
    1) Purpose of Creation: Official aim to 'Connect People' and seems free on face value, but is actually not. We are an investment and all these companies are worth billions. They use our search history for advertisements, etc.

2) Issue of Data: Data is said to be the new oil and sites like Facebook and Twitter have access to a lot of our personal data. Mentioned the WhatsApp issue.

3) Misuse of Popularity: Facebook presenting 'Free Basics' on account of its popularity as a social media website, effectively going against net neutrality. Even though TRAI didn't allow, they are using it in some African countries.

4) Use by agents other than creators: Propaganda, Fake News, can be misused by a totalitarian government etc.

Not Selfish because:
    1) Service delivery and awareness campaigns: 'Twitter Sewa', 'Selfie with Daughter' etc.

2) Social Media and Social Cooperation: People helping each other during Manchester terrorist attacks, during demonetization time in India, Chennai Floods.

3) Social Media and Social Justice: News can reach to every person. For eg: Governments of EU reaction on the images of the drowned kid, United Airlines fiasco.

Conclusion: Even though the purpose of creators might have been inherently selfish, the media provides an interesting opportunity to be used unselfishly, as seen in above examples.

Yaar likha to maine bhi isi pe tha...magar review ka fayda kya hai..ab rehne do..maine thode alag points daale hain.
    Ab copy UPSC me hain..
  • please review my essay....
    On Woman Issue, 2nd Essay

Started with the lines of Pink Movie poem
    तू खुद की खोज में निकल,
    तू किस लिए हताश है,
    तू चल तेरे वजूद की,
    समय को भी तलाश है

and then told the example of metro driving girl, chhavi rajawat in uno, pv sandhu in olympic podium etc but the darker side is also there when we read a woman burnt or any nirbhaya etc.
    Then I described first the new woman in india in society, politics, economy , sports etc and again what's not fulfilment still not done like temple entry or talak issue, sarpanch pati concept, woman reservation, materialisation of woman, pati parmeshwar concept, dangal dialogue mhari chhorian....
    Next I discussed the reason like second sex, one is not born woman, reasons behind
    Then why we need completeness of a woman for a better society
    Then role of govt, male society to change and
    In between I put the line too....If development is not engendered,it is endangered.
    End with a self written poem....

नहीं माँगती मैं ऊँचा पद,
    मुझको दे दो मेरे सारे हक।
    आधी नहीं मैं साझी हूँ,
    मैं भी इस नाव की माँझी हूँ।
    मुझे दिला दो मेरा आकार,
    हम मिल कर करेंगे, नव युग का सपना साकार।
    जब राजा के साथ होगी सदैव रानी,
    तब ही तो कही जाएगी, नव युग की सच्ची कहानी।
    हे,पुरुष नहीं हूँ मैं तुम्हारी बल हारी,
    मैं तो बस हूँ, नये युग की नारी।।।।

Kya baat hai sir...bahut badiya..maine aapka poora post nahi pada magar kavita acchi hai..
  • Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130

Main to Doctor Saab FARMING aur SOCIAL MEDIA pe likh ke aaya hun.. zyadatar ne yahi likha hai...kahin apna kat na jaaye!! :neutral:
    Nahi bhai, aise toh nahi katega.
    Par haan maine farming avoid kiya because I wouldn't be able to outperform others.
    Par baad mein destiny waale mein bhi kuchh khaas ukhaad nahi paya, so in the end it didn't matter. :( ;)
  • Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130

Par haan maine farming avoid kiya because I wouldn't be able to outperform others.
    Par baad mein destiny waale mein bhi kuchh khaas ukhaad nahi paya, so in the end it didn't matter. :( ;)
    Bhai essay is something which i still don't understand what really works. So just play 120-130 game
  • Cremator said:

Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130

Bhai essay is something which i still don't understand what really works. So just play 120-130 game
    True.
  • Destiny in classrooms
    New Woman

Last year - 130

Haan Doctor sahab ummeed karte hain...

Aapka bhi is baar list me naam ho..badiya lagega...
  • Destiny of nation and joy is simplest form of gratitude..last time 142( need greed+ digital economy),
  • @Cremator bhai kuch kismat bhi maan ke chal lo...zindagi aasan lagti hai..sabhi lagbhag ek jaisa likhte hain..

Kisi ko 5.50 marks milte hain...kisi ko 5.. ab yahi 0.5 ka difference 80-90 ka difference ban jata hai...ek hero hota hai...baaki hum sab yahan forum pe muh cchipaye ghoom rahe hain.
  • @Cremator bhai kuch kismat bhi maan ke chal lo...zindagi aasan lagti hai..sabhi lagbhag ek jaisa likhte hain..

Kisi ko 5.50 marks milte hain...kisi ko 5.. ab yahi 0.5 ka difference 80-90 ka difference ban jata hai...ek hero hota hai...baaki hum sab yahan forum pe muh cchipaye ghoom rahe hain.

I believe in luck
    But not every 0.5 will b against u. It almost balance out to wat we deserve ..some stray cases are obviously there

N sab ek jaisa nhi likhte h. This is completely wrong belief. Though marking m difference sirf 1 maRk rehta h avg n good answer m.

Zindagi asan ya tough apki expectation se h. Kismat par chhodkar bhi yeh bologe ki sab bura mere saath kyu. It's actually don't expect much n just keep flowing
  • edited November 11
    Cremator said:

@Cremator bhai kuch kismat bhi maan ke chal lo...zindagi aasan lagti hai..sabhi lagbhag ek jaisa likhte hain..

I believe in luck
    But not every 0.5 will b against u. It almost balance out to wat we deserve ..some stray cases are obviously there

N sab ek jaisa nhi likhte h. This is completely wrong belief. Though marking m difference sirf 1 maRk rehta h avg n good answer m.

Zindagi asan ya tough apki expectation se h. Kismat par chhodkar bhi yeh bologe ki sab bura mere saath kyu. It's actually don't expect much n just keep flowing
    Mere bhai maine "Kuch" kismat kaha hai..wahi luck type wala hai... kaam to karna hi padta hai... padna to hota hi hai..jab kuch mann ka na ho tab kuch bhi maan lo aur aage badte chalen..bas main itna kehna chah raha tha.
  • Cremator said:

@Cremator bhai kuch kismat bhi maan ke chal lo...zindagi aasan lagti hai..sabhi lagbhag ek jaisa likhte hain..

I believe in luck

Mere bhai maine "Kuch" kismat kaha hai..wahi luck type wala hai... kaam to karna hi padta hai... padna to hota hi hai..jab kuch mann ka na ho tab kuch bhi maan lo aur aage badte chalen..bas main itna kehna chah raha tha.
    Hmm. Yeh toh h hi
    M khud bahot chhote margin se miss kar rha hu. Luck ki kami keh sakte ho. Pre m 1 mark, last year final list m 9 marks.
    Ha aage badna jeevan ka niyam h :smile:
  • 1. Destiny in classrooms.
    2. Social media.

Last year: 140.
    This year expectations: 130-150.
    Baaki Jo upsc dega accept Kar lenge! :smiley:

• Cremator said:

Cremator said:

I believe in luck

Hmm. Yeh toh h hi
    M khud bahot chhote margin se miss kar rha hu. Luck ki kami keh sakte ho. Pre m 1 mark, last year final list m 9 marks.
    Same case here..missed final this time by 20 marks..124 in interview..bas yahi kismat/destiny/luck hai..

Ab to vaise mausam accha hai...aur dhoop badi sahi lag rahi hai...
  • How we are supposed to speculate marks of essay is beyond me , in 2013 i expected around 90 got 126 in 2014 based on that I expected ki 125+ ayega and 131 , iss baar ka pata nhi what to expect, didn't clear last years pre hence np mains of 2016 to compare , khair likha he on classroom and social media question (mera flow structure and conclusion is much different from almost all th social media essay) , though one thing i can say in essay is if one has written relevant and have maintained a good structure than he/she can expect avg or above avg that is 130+ in my opinion
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • Cremator said:

Cremator said:

I believe in luck

Hmm. Yeh toh h hi
    Same case here..missed final this time by 20 marks..124 in interview..bas yahi kismat/destiny/luck hai..

Udaipur m November December is awesom. Sunlight n mild cold. Mediterranean weather h foreigners bhi zyada aate h isliye. Really enjoying tea stalls during noon time :smile:

124 h bhai toh put some more effort Dont b conscious, go cool. Go with Mindset tht i will say i don't know 40 times but will not loose composure n confidence

I suffered due to essay n gs1 . Diagram n map are not sham it really improves readability. I found different look in answers.
  • edited November 11
    Cremator said:

Cremator said:

Cremator said:

I believe in luck

Hmm. Yeh toh h hi

Udaipur m November December is awesom. Sunlight n mild cold. Mediterranean weather h foreigners bhi zyada aate h isliye. Really enjoying tea stalls during noon time :smile:

124 h bhai toh put some more effort Dont b conscious, go cool. Go with Mindset tht i will say i don't know 40 times but will not loose composure n confidence

I suffered due to essay n gs1 . Diagram n map are not sham it really improves readability. I found different look in answers.
    Haan bhai tum bhi lage raho...

Diagrams ka is baar koi khaas scope dikha nahi mujhe..

UP me smog ji lene de..wahi bahut hai...but Delhi se 250 km east me apna mausam theek hi hai...
    Heavy fog to roj ki kahani hai.
  • Catman said:

Selfish because:

Not Selfish because:

Catman said:

Selfish because:

Not Selfish because:

Lagta hai u could hav given suggestions on how social media can be balanced with few examples before conclusion.. i didnt write this essay.. (its just a opinion last year i got 136 i didnt give essY testseries but practiced structure for few essays.. no data and no quotes and no storis and no fancy stuff.. just covered from various angles and my second last year ja poora justify nahi kar paaya )
  • Cremator said:

Cremator said:

Cremator said:

I believe in luck

Hmm. Yeh toh h hi

UP me smog ji lene de..wahi bahut hai...but Delhi se 250 km east me apna mausam theek hi hai...
    Fragment polity k liye
    India map banakar dikha do.. Maratha Mysore carnatic etc. So u prove fragment

Aise hi sab jagah easy readable maps
    M friends got 125 gs1 with very average content but awesome presentation

Yaar last year nhi banaya toh iss baar bana diya. Content toh likh hi diya h
  • Cremator said:

Cremator said:

Cremator said:

Cremator said:

I believe in luck

Hmm. Yeh toh h hi

Fragment polity k liye
    India map banakar dikha do.. Maratha Mysore carnatic etc. So u prove fragment

Aise hi sab jagah easy readable maps
    M friends got 125 gs1 with very average content but awesome presentation

Yaar last year nhi banaya toh iss baar bana diya. Content toh likh hi diya h
    Ye bhi sahi hai...badiya hai..
  • 1. NAM
    2. New Women

Last year: 162
    This year: essay m kabhi bhi expected marks nhi aate h, issliye guess Karna bekar h
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog