MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

InsightonIndia vs Vision vs Gs Score vs Forum IAS.recommend test series for Pre 2018

Can anyone tell about how much student enroll for these individual test series ?

Comments

• edited November 9
    Ask insights admin..i think its in lakhs..
  • i guess most of us nw buy it frm orn market...
    very few rich ppl enroll
  • I strongly recommend to enroll in 1 test series - either insight or vision and follow it religiously . Though all test series are available in market , subscribing TS gives you an idea about your relative performance , you get a rank and motivation to improve it .
    To improve your chances you should solve 2 test series. Enroll in one and buy other from market / telegram.
    Enrollment is high in both vision and insight . Insight is more current oriented with some bouncer questions , Vision cover static part well .
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural
  • I strongly recommend to enroll in 1 test series - either insight or vision and follow it religiously . Though all test series are available in market , subscribing TS gives you an idea about your relative performance , you get a rank and motivation to improve it .
    To improve your chances you should solve 2 test series. Enroll in one and buy other from market / telegram.
    Enrollment is high in both vision and insight . Insight is more current oriented with some bouncer questions , Vision cover static part well .

Hi,
    Just wanted to know that..does forumias provide mocks (which they conduct just before Mains continously for 3-4 days) free for MGP students or do they charge extra ?
    Thanks.
  • forum lagalo pre ke liye.best hai .the rest take from market.

Hi,
    Just wanted to know that..does forumias provide mocks (which they conduct just before Mains continously for 3-4 days) free for MGP students or do they charge extra ?
    Thanks.
    sorry no idea about forumias
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural
  • Guys I saw one IAS baba prelims test solution.

In first look it's like all questions detailed solutions given.

But I am not sure it's better than Insights or Vision IAS.

Anyone with fair idea about both?
    IAS baba test series is it worth?
    Expire@2017.
  • Guys I saw one IAS baba prelims test solution.

In first look it's like all questions detailed solutions given.

But I am not sure it's better than Insights or Vision IAS.

Anyone with fair idea about both?
    IAS baba test series is it worth?

Nahi bhai. Unke question mein faaltu ke "twists" hote hain jo upsc ke liye irrelevant hain. Unke last year ke mock test dekh lo idea lag jaega.
  • I am doing Insights Test series. Paid. It is hectic but doable. You cover most of the basic books plus some extra. They also cover PIB and current. The year is long and not always we find ourselves with high pitch motivation. The subscription helps to maintain the continuity and integrates pre + mains approach.

About the tests, they try to maintain the balance between too complicated like Vajiram or too substandard. Not saying they are extremely UPSC relevant, but the questions help you cover the syllabus and helps in understanding various concepts.

8000-9000 people are right now giving the online Prelims test series. If You score around 130 you are in top 50 most of the time. (Doesn't really matter though) But please do check the schedule before admission because it is hectic and they cover hell lot of sources. You may not find them relevant at all.

Personally, I find Vision questions better than rest. Not about easy or hard but closest to what we can expect in Prelims.
  • edited November 9
    Getting negative reviews about Insights on telegram
    Hello everyone.., If Anyone are planning to buy Insights Tests for 2018 or Mains 2018 in near future.. Stop that Idea.. As we got Huge Negative Feedbacks from the Mains 2017 Students, and They gave worst Model Answers this year.. And Coming to Prelims, they Diluted here too.. As you can observe the Quality and standards in previous years Tests where they delivered best.. But now they became completely commercial and that's the main reason in their degradation..

What ever the reason.. They even failed in their offline classes.. As people complaining that they lack some dedicated guidance which we always expect from every coaching Institute..

Secondly.. If anyone are interested in Neetu Singh Geography.. Just change your mind to Shabbir or any other tests.. As This year.. They haven't touched the Mains answer sheet.. Evaluation process is awkward..

And Finally.. We are collecting all the feedbacks from the subscribers.. And all will be posted on the website soon..

I don't think it's motivated.
    Expire@2017.
  • Getting negative reviews about Insights on telegram
    Hello everyone.., If Anyone are planning to buy Insights Tests for 2018 or Mains 2018 in near future.. Stop that Idea.. As we got Huge Negative Feedbacks from the Mains 2017 Students, and They gave worst Model Answers this year.. And Coming to Prelims, they Diluted here too.. As you can observe the Quality and standards in previous years Tests where they delivered best.. But now they became completely commercial and that's the main reason in their degradation..

What ever the reason.. They even failed in their offline classes.. As people complaining that they lack some dedicated guidance which we always expect from every coaching Institute..

Secondly.. If anyone are interested in Neetu Singh Geography.. Just change your mind to Shabbir or any other tests.. As This year.. They haven't touched the Mains answer sheet.. Evaluation process is awkward..

And Finally.. We are collecting all the feedbacks from the subscribers.. And all will be posted on the website soon..

Bakwas kr rha ,insights ki quality thik hai abhi bhi

Are you giving the tests? If yes, how are you coping with the schedule?

+2018
  • Anyone who has access to prelims papers of different institute, (s)he hasn't join any test series at least for prelims. It will be waste of money. Most of us doesn't face time management problem in prelims exam. Just solve question papers of different institutes and analyze them yourself.
    The thing is most test series available are either online or flexible in nature. Thus, unable to provide exam like environment (one of the most important thing a test series should provide).
    Further, for analysis part, one should it himself/herself. One shouldn't rely on others for this.
    For practice number of free online mock test series will be provided by many of above mentioned institutes.
    Further, any aspirant must go through last 7 year question papers and analyze himself/herself the trend which upsc is asking in prelims. It will give you an idea about the things which one should focus upon.
    In my opinion this is the easiest way to clear prelims. But, for this plan to succeed you must go through the static part of prelims ASAP.
    Finally, in CSE, only thing which matter is self confidence. The rank in any test series doesn't matter, unless you unable to perform confidently on D day.

Han mai de rha aur schedule maintain krne ka ek hi funda hai - jitna padha hai utne me hi de do test ,kharab score ayega to apne aap hi sharam se padhne lagoge aur agar ispe bhi sharm na aayi to samjh jao ki bhaiya kuch fundamental dikkat hai system me apne

Han mai de rha aur schedule maintain krne ka ek hi funda hai - jitna padha hai utne me hi de do test ,kharab score ayega to apne aap hi sharam se padhne lagoge aur agar ispe bhi sharm na aayi to samjh jao ki bhaiya kuch fundamental dikkat hai system me apne
    I give the tests after completing the stated syllabus only. Thanks for the heads-up though. How are you finding the relevance level w.r.t UPSC Pre standard?

This week's test include topics from biology like reproduction and evolution. Are these relevant from the prelims point of view?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog