MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

CSE 2017-Interview Preparation Thread

Aspirants,
Lets start the final journey.

Comments

• Newspapers kaun kaun padhne honge...
    Meri hobbies: reading novels,playing chess and blogging hai........ jyada hobbies dalkar kuch galat toh nahi kiya na ?
    Meri hobbies: reading novels,playing chess and blogging hai........ jyada hobbies dalkar kuch galat toh nahi kiya na ?

You can expect a lot of questions on hobbies since you've put multiple ones.Prepare them well.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

You can expect a lot of questions on hobbies since you've put multiple ones.Prepare them well.
    Thnks sir
  • Geography optional hoke interview thread banaana. Bhot confidence hai bro!
    You deserve a medal
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.

Long live Revolution, Down with ForumIAS. Ban me Mods
  • Geog optional victims : this is the positivity we need :)

Thnks sir

Newspapers kaun kaun padhne honge...

Yaar last year as far as I can remember hardly anyone on my interview date was asked any questions at all on their hobbies. I wasn't and I too had put in multiple hobbies.
    Regardless of that one does have to prepare them very well. That is one part of the interview process that is easy to control!
    Btw were you asked any questions on hobbies?
  • My hobbies watching youtube... listening old songs.... listening others than expressing myself
  • The hindu padhke views discuss kie jayein
  • amitias said:

The hindu padhke views discuss kie jayein

Sahi rahega......
  • Ya fir ek whatsapp group bana lijie jispe serious prep ho sake
  • Geography optional aur ye thread ....ye to neechbhang rajyog hogaya.
  • is there any credible info about result date or if the copy checking has started or not ??
    Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.
  • Should we need to prepare about our state?
  • Anyone having IFS as first choice?
    What questions can be expected regarding that....any senior!?
  • I have given IPS over IAS as preference. And also didn't opt for IFS so will that be a problem?
  • I have given IPS over IAS as preference. And also didn't opt for IFS so will that be a problem?

I have ifs as first preference followed by irs ,ia&as etc ,etc. Ips is my last preference.
    Service preferences won't cause any problems in interviews. But always be ready with an answer .

Thnks sir

Yaar last year as far as I can remember hardly anyone on my interview date was asked any questions at all on their hobbies. I wasn't and I too had put in multiple hobbies.
    Regardless of that one does have to prepare them very well. That is one part of the interview process that is easy to control!
    Yes.I was asked questions on all of my 3 hobbies by 3 different members.90% interview was based on DAF.
  • Geography optional hoke interview thread banaana. Bhot confidence hai bro!
    You deserve a medal

+3000
  • If I am not wrong admin Geo optional wale hai. :/

Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
  • Bhai log... My hobby is dancing. I have won lot of medals and prizes.
    But never ever got formally enrolled in any dance classes. I see and I dance. So I put it as "BollyWood dancing"
    Can anyone suggest what all I need to prepare on dancing and source material?

Prepare around the evolution of India's foreign policy; be thorough with International Relations with specific focus on India & its neighbourhood; read about famous diplomats like Kissinger; Read about some famous Indian diplomats; also frame your opinion around current issues like OBOR, Doklam etc
  • Cosmo said:

Anyone having IFS as first choice?

Prepare around the evolution of India's foreign policy; be thorough with International Relations with specific focus on India & its neighbourhood; read about famous diplomats like Kissinger; Read about some famous Indian diplomats; also frame your opinion around current issues like OBOR, Doklam etc
    Thank you sir! :)
  • My hobby is cooking:D

Thnks sir

Yes.I was asked questions on all of my 3 hobbies by 3 different members.90% interview was based on DAF.
    I guess they probably varied it on different days. My interview was right in the beginning. No hobby questions and precious little from my DAF. Who took your interview?
  • My hobby is playing and watching cricket.....any question can be expected or being a common one...nothing can be expected
    Prelim: 4 , Mains: 3*( 750 marks in mains 2016), Interview: 0
    Optional : Sociology
  • amitias said:

Ya fir ek whatsapp group bana lijie jispe serious prep ho sake

+1
    whatsapp or a telegram group
    •~dangal dangal~•
    If those who think to achieve,
    Have a firm and focused mind,
    They will realize what they thought of,
    And even as they have thought of.
    Thirukkural

Thnks sir

I guess they probably varied it on different days. My interview was right in the beginning. No hobby questions and precious little from my DAF. Who took your interview?
    Air Marshall Ajit Bhosle Sir
  • My hobby is playing and watching cricket.....any question can be expected or being a common one...nothing can be expected

You have to prepare them regardless of them being common hobbies

I have IFS as my first preference too. Had it last year also. The interview though is not specifically catered to solely that preference. They asked me questions on DAF, national security and of course India's foreign policy particularly the neighbourhood. So I suppose it does stand out if your first preference is not the regular IAS and you should prepare well on that particular domain.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog