MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Guidance required for Bank officer for Cse preparation

Friends, i know many bank officers must be active on the forum preparing for Cse.
I also started preparation for cse in 2015 , cleared prelims in first attempt. But later that year i joined bank po in a public sector bank. I could not clear 2016 prelims largely beacuse that year paper was heavily tilted towards CA and i was drifted away from regular newspaper reading due to working hours and nature of my job. 2017 i did not appeared.
Now i am a conformed officer in bank and to tell you my working hours i leave home at 8 sharp. Come back at 9-9:30 if lucky. Else 10-11.
Working proffessional who have cleared said that utilize even 10 free minutes in work. Eat your lunch fast and study. Complete your work early and study.
But the thing is we dont have official lunch time. In 10-15 minutes i have to eat and come back. Work is never ending process in bank. Sometimes i do not get time to go to washroom. And when i come back home i am so exhauted that 2-3 hours whatever i read does not get retained.
In this forum itself @Neyawn and many good samaritan have advised againt leaving job keeping in mind the unpredictable nature of UPSC. Even Roman saini sir said that 4 hours is sufficient every day.
But in this environment i am not able to understand how to study. I have 4 attempts still left and 24 at present. My parents are not dependent on me.
Should i leave this bank job?
And if no, can some bank officers please come forward and tell how they are managing time. Beacuse i know condition is same in every bank.
Any bank officer who cleared cse in past present in forum?
Each day level of frustration is increasing.

Comments

• Shift to another job that pays less but gives you more time and then study!
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Bhai ya to bank ki job Kar Le ya Upsc preparation. Dono eak Saath nhi ho sakti. Agar Upsc ki preparation nhi bhi karni to bhi bank ki chod de, baad m bahoot pachtawa hoga.
  • Bhai ya to bank ki job Kar Le ya Upsc preparation. Dono eak Saath nhi ho sakti. Agar Upsc ki preparation nhi bhi karni to bhi bank ki chod de, baad m bahoot pachtawa hoga.

Bhai are you working or ever working or worked in bank? How did you managed?
  • dpagarwal said:

Bhai ya to bank ki job Kar Le ya Upsc preparation. Dono eak Saath nhi ho sakti. Agar Upsc ki preparation nhi bhi karni to bhi bank ki chod de, baad m bahoot pachtawa hoga.

Bhai I Am in SBI.
    Medical leave lekar exam deta hu.
    Mains bhi medical leave par diya h aur ab Mera AGM mujhe join nhi Karne de rha h. Padai k liye na Jaan bachti h aur nahi time. Issliye better h ki Kisi aur job m selection karwakar civil k taiyari karo. Bank m rehte hue selection k bahoot kam chances h.
  • dpagarwal said:

Bhai ya to bank ki job Kar Le ya Upsc preparation. Dono eak Saath nhi ho sakti. Agar Upsc ki preparation nhi bhi karni to bhi bank ki chod de, baad m bahoot pachtawa hoga.

Bhai I Am in SBI.
    Mains bhi medical leave par diya h aur ab Mera AGM mujhe join nhi Karne de rha h. Padai k liye na Jaan bachti h aur nahi time. Issliye better h ki Kisi aur job m selection karwakar civil k taiyari karo. Bank m rehte hue selection k bahoot kam chances h.
    Unless Assistant ya clerical posts ho
    ex-RBI Assistant, Bank Clerks
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.

Aur yr baad main bahut pachtawa hoga agar nahi bhi karni hain prep tom iska kya matlab?
  • Sir try ssc jobs , if u have got through banking exams ( i am assumung SBI PO) you will crack ssc easily

And in ssc cgl there are many posts where you hdont have to do much (just give 2-2:30 hrs to job and you are done)

• dpagarwal said:

Bhai I Am in SBI.
    100% true.banking job will f"*k u mentally as well as physicalaly every damn day.i resigned from a psb 2 weeks ago.i will prefer daily wage job(majduri) over banking.

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog