MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

I am a 26 year old guy. I am not passionate about anything in life. I live for the sake of living.

I can't die, and seeing no reason of dying.
I found all others are involved in a daily life as job, marriage, kids, their marriage , old age pension and finally full stop.
I m an agnostic about god, right now neither I am happy nor sad, tried to chatting with people online, and offline both but none came up to my expectations
So I haven't any one to whom I can say a friend. Never it made such type and such level that give me a satisfaction that he or she isn't friend.

And sometime I think I don't need any emotional support too.

Above was just an example, in most of the things I have not found any enticing power, which can cajole me till a long time,
I have now zero interest in frnds, opposite gender, career, etc. And zero motivation for doing anything, sleeping and surfing is my routine since 6 months.
I have a serious doubt that is there is any thing like happiness? Or we are just fabricating ourselves along a social wire in which having a success is happiness or having an obedient child is happiness or having a selfie with pizza is happiness.
Why I m making a thread
, its just that I m not able to think what shud be my next step? (Except blue whale :mrgreen: )
Put ur thoughts if u want
Its a thankless service

Comments

• Pyar hoga bhai teko bahut jalddddd
  • To be fair there is no real purpose of life except reproduction,in the sense that the best of genes of nature need to be sustained..as u said the rest of it all is our creation.. what are you going to achieve by killing yourself.you are only going to quicken what's bound to happen..you don't find any motivation in anything that's fine.. but that's no reason in to kill yourself.. infact there is no real reason in the world to kill yourself.. I won't even say play along to the tunes of the society.. but Don't try to impose your views on the society and wonder why isn't everybody agreeing with me..to conclude just say fuck it and move on..
  • You need good dose of soulful music.
  • edited November 6
    if u really want an answer, leave everything and visit some tourist place. ur mind needs rest.
  • chill maro bhaiji, preparation phase me ye sab common h, aap bhi jaantay hoge. hum aapki sakshiyat jaane bina aap ko kaise advise kare. fir bhi I hope this might help u to restrategize nd reorganise.

• Exploadad said:

I found all others are involved in a daily life as job, marriage, kids, their marriage , old age pension and finally full stop.
    I m an agnostic about god, right now neither I am happy nor sad, tried to chatting with people online, and offline both but none came up to my expectations
    So I haven't any one to whom I can say a friend. Never it made such type and such level that give me a satisfaction that he or she isn't friend.

Above was just an example, in most of the things I have not found any enticing power, which can cajole me till a long time,
    I have now zero interest in frnds, opposite gender, career, etc. And zero motivation for doing anything, sleeping and surfing is my routine since 6 months.
    I have a serious doubt that is there is any thing like happiness? Or we are just fabricating ourselves along a social wire in which having a success is happiness or having an obedient child is happiness or having a selfie with pizza is happiness.
    Why I m making a thread
    , its just that I m not able to think what shud be my next step? (Except blue whale :mrgreen: )
    Its a thankless service

god se wish karo bhai ki jaldi se tumhe love ho jaye ya ssi start karna padega ...do hi raste hain pessimism se hatne ke 1st wala jada accha hai :p
  • Hota hai yaar. An kya solution work karega ye to aap khud hi se nikal sakte ho. Busy raho. Always in a mode of action. Zyada khali baithene wale logo ko ye zyada feel aati hai.

Agar depression type hai to without medical assistance aur koi upay nahi. Even love cannot cure you. Nor spirituality. Only counseling.

Seek professional advice if the matter is of persistent melancholy and lifelessness.
  • You should take the easy way out. Whichever you think is easy.
    Yes. I am in love with Kanimozhi.
  • To be fair there is no real purpose of life except reproduction,in the sense that the best of genes of nature need to be sustained..as u said the rest of it all is our creation.. what are you going to achieve by killing yourself.you are only going to quicken what's bound to happen..you don't find any motivation in anything that's fine.. but that's no reason in to kill yourself.. infact there is no real reason in the world to kill yourself.. I won't even say play along to the tunes of the society.. but Don't try to impose your views on the society and wonder why isn't everybody agreeing with me..to conclude just say fuck it and move on..

He said he wont die.
    Its just he doesnt find anything worth trying for.

I think you didnot experience any success for a long time. So you forgot what is it like to win. Try something small. Maybe cooking something or playing a new game like snooker and the adrenaline rush you experience when you win. I suggest to leave the internet world which includes videos,movies etc.
    Go out and try to achieve something(hopefully good).(you can try playing with kids in an orphanage maybe or teaching them ,spending time with them).you will feel better
  • There are some values which are sacred for everyone - theist or atheist. At the core of such sacredness is a belief or assumption. You have to reason out why everyone is living, why humans survive when they come together, why some people ,since time immemorial, came and talked about a divine being.

Even though religions change over time but at their beginning is a common thread - this world was not created in vain, it is not a random chance that you are here. This life is a test.You have to ask why is the tree the way it is ? why does only Earth have life ? Why only humans are the most advanced beings ? why have we not met any alien despite the age of Universe being more than 14 billion years and we don't know anything before the big bang.

Since, you have stated that you are an agnostic, I believe that before being one, you have to think deeply rather than simply doubting the idea of God. Sometimes, to counter the idea of religion we say that people invented religion to live peacefully.Also, there are some unscientific things in religion which are hard to accept. You may ignore them for the time being, assuming it as a later addition or distortion by the people while transmitting the religious scriptures. Earlier, knowledge was translated orally and corruption is possible in some cases.

There is a simple exercise to come to a more informed opinion (ultimately you may still remain agnostic but at least give it a try) -

Read the religious scriptures of all or some of these major religions - Judaism,Hinduism,Buddhism,Christianity and Islam as being taught by their devout followers. Try to read the original and the most accepted translation of the religious scriptures. If you are not convinced about your scriptures then you may look at the scripture of some other religion, sometimes change is all what we need.Social pressure should not cow you down.

Spend some time with them, don't rush. Read them stretching over few days, say 1 month per scripture.For some time, assume (for the sake of this exercise) that what they are saying is right. Then start looking at the world from that prism. In the process you have to ask questions countering the stated beliefs of different religions and try to find the answer in the scriptures itself. Faith and reason are not antagonistic to each other.Ultimately, belief stands on the foundation of reason. If not, then it may be easily blown away by some philosophy or scientific development countering the core beliefs of religion.

As an advice, these are some values which shouldn't be compromised while interpreting the religious scriptures :
    - every human is born equal
    - justice means equality before (religious) laws and equal protection of law.
    - what is good for one should be good for all. Apply this to critically analyse religious doctrines.
    - some practices come for a limited time. So, this can be used to understand some unsustainable practices.
    - Most important => your interpretation should have love and compassion rather than hate towards others. Many stated religious doctrines can be interpreted the way you want, don't read it from a hateful perspective.
    - also read the life of people who have claimed to bring the message of the divine to humans. This helps in properly understanding the scriptures.

Hopefully, you will be able to imbibe some of the stated beliefs in yourself while, not necessarily, rejecting others . This will surely help you and give you more meaning in life. If you are really convinced about the truth of God then this may be the uranium which be the perpetual source of inspiration in your life.

Everyone will die one day, why hasten the ultimate reality of life - death. Take some rest and then try this exercise.

Peace.

Best of luck in life.

• Discussion on TELEGRAM ON 9 November from 6-8 PM

CHECK THIS VIDEO

For Ethics Integrity and Aptitude GS-4 paper analysis and updates on Ethics paper join on TELEGRAM VIA

https://t.me/joinchat/FuDPMUOZL-nPMaU7ceNF3w

ON WHATSAPP VIA

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HDSYwyZc2Wo6NRaKL3QFH3
  • Discussion on TELEGRAM ON 9 November from 6-8 PM

CHECK THIS VIDEO

For Ethics Integrity and Aptitude GS-4 paper analysis and updates on Ethics paper join on TELEGRAM VIA

https://t.me/joinchat/FuDPMUOZL-nPMaU7ceNF3w

ON WHATSAPP VIA

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HDSYwyZc2Wo6NRaKL3QFH3

Abe nautanki band kar bhai.irritating
  • @Exploadad - You have too much free time to think this nonsense. Start having a routine and a sense of purpose will automatically come once you are occupied.
  • You sound just like that IAS officer mukesh pandey in his suicide video. I m worried for you.

Listen u r just going through a phase of existential crisis. Always remember it's just a phase. U will get over it okay. It won't last forever.

It's actually a good thing if u r trying to chat to people online. Subconsciously, u r trying to find something interesting. You will not find your fire necessary in people. It could be literature, travel, films, music... It could be anything, it could be all of them. Trust me u will find it. U don't have to find one thing n then stick to it for life. Personally I like moving on from one hobby to another. There are sooooo many interesting things In this world, so much fun, so many mysteries, such hopelessly beautiful artworks and cultures, I feel like our lives are too small to experience n enjoy them all. Your definition of happiness doesn't even have to fit in anybody's else's definition, it could be a selfie with a pizza if u like or it could be growing tomatoes in a village if u like it. U don't even need anybody to go on this adventure called life. Ekla Chalo.

• edited November 6
    Exploadad said:

Why I m making a thread
    Its a thankless service

seems like something i could have written...an atheist here as well, about the same age. Don't know why i responded, probably for nothing.
  • Pyar hoga bhai teko bahut jalddddd

I don't think, the OP can be happy by obtaining love
    Everyone faces this and most of us ignore
    Be happy god bless
    Final Good bye.
  • I was in your place as well, a few months ago sans the indifference towards even the opposite gender as in your case.

You say you are hooked to internet. For many months. Eating, sleeping and browsing. 24x7. I have been there.
    Simply putting, it's a stupid bout(howsoever long) of net-addiction caused by some failure or simply breach of monotony threshold in life.

TRULY speaking, to be honest, there indeed is no meaning of our existence. Except that Darwinian shit of reproduction.

But we have to create something to keep looking for, improving upon, derive satisfaction from. Else we all will begin killing selves in horde. Choose something constructive (Read this year Mains English paper precise article, it's got 'something') to make it sustainable.

For me, it's arts, travel, intellectual exploration and ***.
    I figured out, I can never have them in totality ever. To satisfy forever. Cuz there is so much in quantity and variety to take in.

You can figure out yours by looking at your browser history.
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • Also, I figured out retrospectively, I was bit hesistant to seek professional help. And that made the recovery to normal too long (2 months more or less).

Go for one. Soon. It's worth the money.
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • Exploadad said:

Why I m making a thread
    Its a thankless service

"I have now zero interest in frnds, opposite gender, career, etc. And zero motivation for doing anything, sleeping and surfing is my routine since 6 months"

This smells like depression. I might be wrong but please go get yourself checked before the condition worsens.

Also,to come out of it in the short term do this.

Stop being onlne for a week and a half. Join a gym or play a sport regularly. Forget about studies and go out in the sunlight and roam around. Dont be stationary.
    and please get yourself checked out.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Also, if you correct your sleep schedule. Get up early for no reason what soever, if you cant even if you want to, thats another sign of depression.
    Rebalance your neurotransmitter. Fight it hard. Get your life back. God Bless!
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Exploadad said:

Why I m making a thread
    Its a thankless service

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness..." .....yeh Mene Nahi "Einstein" ne Kaha Tha....
    Let The Mind Games Begin

• An important video.
  • try changing something in life..
    it would be good if change is productive like changing your sleep cycle, changing the room u stay in, studying for some new exam, changing the sport u play, read new things, watch yt videos on new topics n things.
    changing sys of things after a while is must in upsc journey..
    monotonous life will take u towards depression...it works for me..
  • मैं ज़िन्दगी का साथ निभाता चला गया
    हर फ़िक्र को धुएँ में उड़ाता चला गया

-- रफ़ी
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • मैं ज़िन्दगी का साथ निभाता चला गया
    हर फ़िक्र को धुएँ में उड़ाता चला गया

-- रफ़ी

Soory sir its not Rafi its Sahir Ludianvi
  • Me too.
    image.jpg
    424 x 347 - 39K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog