MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Feedback for forumias current affairs classes

Can anyone who has attended classes with forumias provide a feedback of there current affairs faculty and coverage?
Thanks.

Comments

• Anyone?
    Though am comfortable in newspaper , but want to save time spend on Current affairs ..
    Can someone share his/her expeeience about these classes?

• 4th time mains.... classes are decent for 2 nd or 3rd timer. a little waste for others.
    Too much emphasis on paper 3.. economy very less in paper 2
    writing practice is good in classes but i have to see how much impact it will have in this mains.
  • I attended the classes for mains 2017.

- classes are really good , topics covered are covered comprehensively.
    - 5+ questions in every class, really helpful to develop a writing style and focus on inclusion of diagrams data and flow charts.
    - Dipin is very approachable and helpful.

I would recommend the classes.
    Let me know if u have some specific questions.
    Aspiring Diplomat.
    Prelims: 2, Mains: 2*, Interview: 0

• i have taken almost all classes everywhere including lukkman sir, vision and dipin sir, so i should be able to put some pointers here.

first for prelims, do attend his last day classes - if prelims oriented paper comes , then be assured that he will have a very high hit ratio. it did not happen in 2017 prelims, but it was very much hitting the bull's eye in prelims 2016 and virtually every year where current affairs has been asked.

secondly, for mains, he is awesome. i mean lukkman sir is also good, but the dimensions that dipin sir covers for some topics is very wide. if you are a first timer, who is reading the newspaper regularly, you will be surprised by the value addition that will happen. also, most people are reading vision these days, so everyone is writing same answers, so you can consider the fact that his content will be a little different, and you should see some boost in scores.

just one word of caution, while teaching everyything looks easy and logical, but if you just take classes and dont revise at home , then it will become another bundle of vajiram notes. do if you decide to do it, then do 2--3 revision of class notes in the same week , and slowly you will see that you know much more than those who are not doing so.

i attended the classes for mains 2017 and let me say that i did not regret it. it helped.
  • edited November 21
    those who have joined the recently started batch, please give some feedback.
    insights synopsis, forums' 9 pm brief +hindu, I.E. everything looks important. I end up spending 4-5 hours in covering current affairs only.
  • Anyone, how does their class works? A brief idea about their approach? Wish could find a demo video..
  • mukadar said:

Anyone, how does their class works? A brief idea about their approach? Wish could find a demo video..

Several hours or several years make no difference once you have lost eternity...
  • @ForumIAS when will the 4th week magazine of sept and Oct will be uploaded ....target 2018???
  • nonpareil said:

I attended the classes for mains 2017.

- classes are really good , topics covered are covered comprehensively.
    - 5+ questions in every class, really helpful to develop a writing style and focus on inclusion of diagrams data and flow charts.
    - Dipin is very approachable and helpful.

I would recommend the classes.
    Let me know if u have some specific questions.

bhai current affairs classes prelims ki liye join kar sakte h ? I m not very regular with newspapers but I am doing vision monthly booklets with continous revision.
  • I have attended few classes .
    He will go with one month backlog ( october issues in november)

Small synopsis are provided about issues to be discussed before class

After discussion of every issue he give 6-7 minutes to write on same topic.( useful if u come prepared in the class wrt the topic) and den explain approach to the question

Issues are covered comprehensively . Class notes are provided which need to be supplemented with synopsis

Didn't find much useful till now wrt prelims .Focus more on mains i think

• I have attended few classes .
    He will go with one month backlog ( october issues in november)

Small synopsis are provided about issues to be discussed before class

After discussion of every issue he give 6-7 minutes to write on same topic.( useful if u come prepared in the class wrt the topic) and den explain approach to the question

Issues are covered comprehensively . Class notes are provided which need to be supplemented with synopsis

Didn't find much useful till now wrt prelims .Focus more on mains i think

Thanks.
    Do we still have to make notes from the newspaper on our own or those class notes would suffice?
    Will these class notes just be value addition to the notes that you already prepare from the newspaper?

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog