MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Philosophy CSM 2017 Non-theological thread

Paper 1: Application based questions consumed time
Paper 2: Non-theological questions consumed time

Overall, "why" and "how" increasing and "what" decreasing.

Comments

• Paper 1 went good..paper 2 below avg
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • hegel ka kya answr and does non theological mean jainsim and buddhism ya kuch aur
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • yudodis said:

Paper 1: Application based questions consumed time
    Paper 2: Non-theological questions consumed time

Overall, "why" and "how" increasing and "what" decreasing.

Dear yudodis, please upload paper1&2
  • Paper upload kar do dosto please.
  • Vivaan said:

Paper upload kar do dosto please.

pdf
    pdf
    5_6332108599896047626.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    5_6332108599896047627.pdf
    Several hours or several years make no difference once you have lost eternity...
  • Vivaan said:

+1
    @stonecold_srivastav paper pattern?
  • thehulk said:

hegel ka kya answr and does non theological mean jainsim and buddhism ya kuch aur

Hegel ka to simple hi Tha.. difference principle Hai identity ka..being + nonbeing = becoming...from abstract to concrete...identity + diff = identity..

Non theological woi Hai.. explanation, etc w/o God
  • Discuss krlo papers.. thoda confidence aye..was fully confident after GS papers..
  • Paper 1 went good..paper 2 below avg

Sir, hope you get good marks.
    Against Islamic terrorism, Hindu nation agenda of RSS, Communist bloodshed in Kerala and WB. Learning "how to become a rationalist".

हर हर महादेव | जय माँ भवानी |
  • Vivaan said:

Thank you so much :smile:
  • non theological concept of evil mai kya likha
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • thehulk said:

non theological concept of evil mai kya likha

Problem of evil.. argument of non theologians regarding how evil creates inconsistencies among attributes of god eg Hume ka willing and able wala..
    # Then arguments in defense of god existence.. instrumentalists, free Will, illusion
    # criticism of theologians view: criticism of above arguments

• Vivaan said:

Vivaan said:

Sorry to bother you again but religious philosophy is missing in paper 2.
  • pata nahi kya kia upsc ne philo k saath,
    samajh hi nahi aaya kuch
    i dont know what marking they will do this year.
    2-3 saal se achi marking nahi ho rahi
  • mein toh chorh raha philo..ek toh tough question ayenge aur number bhi na denge
  • pata nahi kya kia upsc ne philo k saath,
    samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

paper was analytical bt you could play safe..
  • uda_dunga said:

pata nahi kya kia upsc ne philo k saath,
    samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
  • uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    compulsory ke siva 2 qstn indian me direct the except last one sankhya wala...section A me 1 qstn aap kar sakte the jiske answer bhi straight forward the ...baki analytical qstn avoid kiya jaa sakta tha.,
  • uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    compulsory ke siva 2 qstn indian me direct the except last one sankhya wala...section A me 1 qstn aap kar sakte the jiske answer bhi straight forward the ...baki analytical qstn avoid kiya jaa sakta tha.,
    uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    hmmm. i dont know how i performed. pata nahi lag paa raha
  • uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    uda_dunga said:

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?

uda_dunga said:

samajh hi nahi aaya kuch

how?
    aapne kaun kaun sa kiya hai?
  • bhai paper 2 toh tough hi tha yaar!
  • Vivaan said:

paper 2 religion wala part missing hai. please upload full question paper.

• Vivaan said:

Vivaan said:

Vivaan said:

Sorry to bother you again but religious philosophy is missing in paper 2.
    IMG-20171103-WA0010.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 171K
    IMG-20171103-WA0009.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 193K
    Several hours or several years make no difference once you have lost eternity...
  • NoPhilo said:

bhai paper 2 toh tough hi tha yaar!

theek hi tha matlab not easy..
  • 3(a) kant in critique of pure reason has explained spave and time..
    Features of space time
    Criticism of earlier view of space time: as empirical percepts but Kant space time as pure percept
    Empirical percepts don't provide objectivity to knowledge but knowledge is system of SAJ.

How space and time explains SAJ in mathematics:
    #Airthmetic: 2+2=4: how synthetic and apriori as airthmetic is function of time
    # geometry: straight line is the possible shortest distance: how synthetic and aprori as geometry is function of space.

Criticism of above
    # lp: Kant use psychological method..with only logical analysis only analytical and synthetic
    # huuserl in his view on avoidance of psychologism: explained math on the basis of psychological beliefs. Math objects being ideal objects are true in themselves dnt depend on anything.

3(b)
    Clear and distinct idea
    Decarte propounded Cartesian method to find certain and indubitable knowledge. According to him starting point of knowledge must be clear and distinct and is self evident in nature.
    # impressed by mathematics axioms and analysed it and devised 4 rules to find Clear and distinct idea( criteria of truth) ..wrote 4 rules..
    # epistemology and how external object existence is proved:
    Method doubt... established cogiti ergo sum. It is first self evident truth. Clear and distinct.. proves the existence of soul...then existence of god is proved..then I have idea of external object..I can't be cause of idea of this world and truthful nature of god won't allow me to get deceived by false notions of external object..this external objects exist..

# criticism of epistemological status of clear and distinct idea: by Spinoza: Spinoza with vision of unity said anything apart from reality is mere abstraction. Clear and distinct ideas being separate and distinct from each other can't produce real connection between them thus no real knowledge is possible. Also criticised Descartes view of god of providing necessary connection between ideas.....

Plz review
  • h215 said:

3(a) kant in critique of pure reason has explained spave and time..
    Features of space time
    Criticism of earlier view of space time: as empirical percepts but Kant space time as pure percept
    Empirical percepts don't provide objectivity to knowledge but knowledge is system of SAJ.

# geometry: straight line is the possible shortest distance: how synthetic and aprori as geometry is function of space.

Criticism of above
    # lp: Kant use psychological method..with only logical analysis only analytical and synthetic
    # huuserl in his view on avoidance of psychologism: explained math on the basis of psychological beliefs. Math objects being ideal objects are true in themselves dnt depend on anything.

3(b)
    Clear and distinct idea
    Decarte propounded Cartesian method to find certain and indubitable knowledge. According to him starting point of knowledge must be clear and distinct and is self evident in nature.
    # impressed by mathematics axioms and analysed it and devised 4 rules to find Clear and distinct idea( criteria of truth) ..wrote 4 rules..
    Method doubt... established cogiti ergo sum. It is first self evident truth. Clear and distinct.. proves the existence of soul...then existence of god is proved..then I have idea of external object..I can't be cause of idea of this world and truthful nature of god won't allow me to get deceived by false notions of external object..this external objects exist..

# criticism of epistemological status of clear and distinct idea: by Spinoza: Spinoza with vision of unity said anything apart from reality is mere abstraction. Clear and distinct ideas being separate and distinct from each other can't produce real connection between them thus no real knowledge is possible. Also criticised Descartes view of god of providing necessary connection between ideas.....

Plz review

+1 ...should fetch good marks...
  • edited November 3
    2(a)
    # What is analytical and synthetic statements
    # all bodies are extended is analytical: as body implicitly implies it is extended in nature .thus it is tautology..meaning of statement is verified by its words itself( linguistic theory of necessary proposition)
    # All bodies are heavy: though we know the meaning of word body but to verify whether it is heavy or not , empirical experience is needed: thus synthetic
    # lp said there is categorical difference between analytical and synthetic statements. Kant criticised it with view of SAJ.
    Example every event has a cause: here event means successive moments. Cause means connection between two events..word cause is not present in ebevt thus synthetic in nature.
    # it is not analytical in nature as analytical gives only universal and necessary knowledge but according to kant knowledge is system of SAJ..this statement is synthetic as well as apriori ( causality is pure concept)

2(b)
    Picture theory of meaning is central concept in early view of wiitengenstein philosophy. Picture thoery of meaning means language is the picture of world
    There is point to point correspondence between linguistic structure of language and metaphysical structure of reality.
    Flowchart is made showing linguistic and metaphysical structure
    Language is totality of propositions and reality is totality of facts.. propositions are truthful functions of facts. Pictures are actual states of affairs.. picture is true if it actually explain the true state of affairs

According to picture theory word has fixed meaning and three principles: structural identity, isomorphic similarly, rules of projection: correspomdence of word and object through mental act.

Criticism and use theory.
    #Wittengstein later criticised his early view and said how it is taken for granted that language has fixed Meaning..
    #There is no intrinsic meaning of word..meaning lies in its use..to understand its use ..it is required to understand the context.( Use and meaning theory)
    # philosophical problems arises due to use of word in its fixed meaning..
    # rules of correspondence is not mental act as it creates private language and soliocism..rules of language decides by language itself.
    #Example water is H20 , water is hot, water is cold..in first sentence is denotes equality and in other is shows quality of water.
    # he explained it with help of language games..as game is some sort of activity..similar language.. tools box example..as game is played by particular rule and application of one rule to other creates problem similarly one rule of language can't be applied to another..
    ###

2(c)
    According to Aristotle substance is formed matter and is concrete individual. Form is principle of actualisation and matter is principle of potentiality..
    #Origin of Aristotle view is in criticism of Plato theory of ideas. Aristole was concerned with change and dynamism in world of becoming. According to plato, ideas are substance and exist in transcendental world..there is idea of good and all things move towards this idea of good.. ideas being in transcendental world and eternal don't explain change in this world of becoming. Aristotle criticsed this transcendental notion of substance and said end is in this universe only ,not outside the empirical world and replaced it with realistic notion of substance.( Form + matter)
    # with the help of causal theory, Aristotle concluded that all objects in this universe Is made of. Form and matter. Either form or matter is mere abstraction and only concrte individual is form plus matter ( substance)
    # what is form and matter
    How resolve change and permanence: with potentiality and actuality( explained it fully).. change due to potentiality and permanence as moving toward unmoved mover
  • uda_dunga said:

h215 said:

Features of space time

Criticism of above

3(b)
    Clear and distinct idea

Plz review

Hope so..
  • h215 said:

uda_dunga said:

h215 said:

Features of space time

Criticism of above

3(b)
    Clear and distinct idea

Plz review

Hope so..
    good enough...how u attempted hegel wala

• Nice answers @h215 last time kitna Tha?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog