MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Geography Mains paper 1 and 2

Comments

• Tough it seems.
  • Tough it seems.

sir pseudovolcanic features , low energy coast, biological desert apko bta hai
  • harvey sir this questions in savindr singh physical book or not ?
  • Tough it seems.

biological desert is somewhat related to lack of life...like dead sea!!!
  • Tough it seems.

Low biodiversity and biological activity? Irrespective of ocean or land?
  • nandini said:

Tough it seems.

Low biodiversity and biological activity? Irrespective of ocean or land?
    yes can say..but i think we need to write about oceans...more...!!! i have read somewhere that and Indian river is also termed as a biological desert...!!!
  • Tough it seems.

Nhi maloom bhai
  • Bhalai isi me hai ki samay rhte optional chng kr lo
  • edited November 3

Tough it seems.

Any of the water body where we dont find life i.e. hardly any fish life then it is considered as Biological Desert examples are dead sea, deep blue sea(far from coastlines) etc.

Ye Diya hai internet pe
  • Geo optional paper 1 pls
  • someone plz upload geo paper
  • Geo paper 1
    pdf
    pdf
    geography 1.pdf
  • edited November 3
    @Harvey_Dent thanks
  • It is in rupa part 1, both low energy coast and biological desert too.. Btw biological is same, desert of primary productivity.
    LEC = salt mesh and mangrove wetlands.
    CSE '16 : Interview
  • Guys only thing I can say from the today's paper 1 and previous few years paper 1 is that the section A (physical geography) of paper 1 is becoming highly specific and unpredictable. Upsc is exploring the fringe topics from physical geography and asking highly specific questions. They are no longer focussing on the important topics that they used to ask. So only way ahead is to prepare human geography part nicely and preparing for paper 1 only what is given in standard books.
  • It is in rupa part 1, both low energy coast and biological desert too.. Btw biological is same, desert of primary productivity.

Did you write low energy coasts ?
    I wrote it in a general sense having less biodiversity
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

It is verbatim in rupa, i wrote as it is. Less biodiversity may not fetch any marks :/
    Less wave action may would have..

See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x76xa-7Mldgr7hEOo8SOq8yHu7JHqGhD/view?usp=drivesdk

How was paper 1 for you? Whenever you are free will like to share my paper 2 answers with you for an evaluation
  • paper 1 screwed. attempted 220 marks only.
    pseudovolcanic me geyser and hotspring likh dia.
    biological deser me High sea, antarctica likh dia
  • agar dooba to geography k bhaar se doobunga.
  • nandini said:

It is in rupa part 1, both low energy coast and biological desert too.. Btw biological is same, desert of primary productivity.

How was paper 1 for you? Whenever you are free will like to share my paper 2 answers with you for an evaluation
    Paper 1 was decent enough.Wrote hardly 0.5-1 page in pseudo volcanism and time geography which fortunately turned out to be relatively correct.rest paper was fine and on prepared topics.

You may send paper 2 answers anytime.I will evaluate them in a few days. :smile:
  • AmurTiger said:

paper 1 screwed. attempted 220 marks only.
    pseudovolcanic me geyser and hotspring likh dia.
    biological deser me High sea, antarctica likh dia

Bhai attempt doesn't matter too much, at least last year and in my case. So maintaining quality is more important.. Don't worry about 20-30 marks leaving. And compulsory questions are always non conventional.
    I left 50marks in paper 1 last year.. And on average 1-2 question in each GS.
  • Please post geography paper II
  • time -geography main kya likhna tha ?

It is verbatim in rupa, i wrote as it is. Less biodiversity may not fetch any marks :/

See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x76xa-7Mldgr7hEOo8SOq8yHu7JHqGhD/view?usp=drivesdk
    Yes man.Saw it.how did you find rest of paper 1 and 2 ?
    I found paper 2 lengthy,especially because there was so much to write.Wrote 100 word answers in 2-3 10 markers.
  • geography optional people, i have one query. i am doing majid hussain for indian geography. is khullar indian geography also required to be done? will i miss something significant if i don't do khullar indian geography?

Yes man.Saw it.how did you find rest of paper 1 and 2 ?
    I found paper 2 lengthy,especially because there was so much to write.Wrote 100 word answers in 2-3 10 markers.
    I found both paper kind of 'application based', using geographical funda to analyse India's issue, regional imbalances, and current schemes/developments etc. Paper 2 was also in nature of practicality of geo. Both papers were quite general waise , required no rote learning (except compulsory), but needed to apply concepts thoroughly..

I was so anxious due to non-revision that I couldn't do as much as I could have in P1.
    and my P2 went quite well, cause I thought to focus on non-compulsory first. I couldn't have done this paper any better. and didn't it much lengthy due to less space for each question :P

Overall depends upon marking, but if main issues are touched I think it would be scoring.
  • Why was paper 2 space less than paper 1? But it helped manage time better
  • Left 20+15 marks
    But what ever wrote, wrote almost correct.
    Found paper 2 little bit lengty.
    I think paper was easy than 2015, but was thougher than 2016.
  • Paper 2 please ?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog