Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Confusion on which test series to join ?

Really confused about which test series to join for MAINS 2018. The clash is among VISION, MGP & IAS SCORE. Plz give an impartial feedback

Comments

• Really confused about which test series to join for MAINS 2018. The clash is among VISION, MGP & IAS SCORE. Plz give an impartial feedback

+1
  • which test series good for prelims? I am new to upsc. please guide me. I heard about insights,baba and foeum which one is the best?
  • In a similar dilemma for mains
  • margi said:

which test series good for prelims? I am new to upsc. please guide me. I heard about insights,baba and foeum which one is the best?

Vision or insight...
  • In a similar dilemma for mains

Vision
  • Need answer too.
  • Need answer too.

Vision is good, for both pre and mains!
  • Need answer too.

Yes, I'll be joining Vision by default but I was thinking of opting for any 1 more TS for variety in questions and more practice.
  • Need answer too.

Yes, I'll be joining Vision by default but I was thinking of opting for any 1 more TS for variety in questions and more practice.
    For pre, add insights as well then.
  • Need answer too.

Bhai ek ko hi karo abhi,itne veer na bano pre se pehle.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
  • Join MGP.(I haven't joined any.Will join post Pre)

Why ?

What you need from a test series is this

a) someone to check what you are writing and how you're writing it

b)someone to check the reason behind your answers is not flawed, if it is, they should highlight it immediately

c)All test series are available in the market.What you cant find is the way you have to shape your knowledge base to the question in front of you.

What I have gathered from people here is MGP offers this hence my recommendation
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • edited November 2017
    Go for Vision.
    The quality of questions and the thinking you do in order to prepare them(questions) as a topic is the biggest take away from a test series. You will realise it after few tests.

Their feedback system is now emulated by many others Institutes.

Having said that, focus on a test series for your optional too.

@siddhesh345
    Geography Optional.
  • Well answer to this question depends upon your experience and level of writing practice.
    If you are at advanced level of writing practice then a blend of many test series for framing quality answers is required.May be you require none for questions are available in markets and websites
    If you require only push for writing answers and know all hacks of answer writing then VISION/VAJIRAM is best for their quality of questions.Evaluation standards of vision are best.
    If you require guidance and is in infant/intermediate stage of writing practice then MGP is best for their personal feedback efforts.
    PS-I have first hand experience of vision and MGP. My friend joined Vajiram for 2017.So I know about these test series.
  • margi said:

which test series good for prelims? I am new to upsc. please guide me. I heard about insights,baba and foeum which one is the best?

Vision
  • Vajiram,Sriram,Vision,Synergy,Insight kuch bhi join karlo prelims k liye.Hardly matters a lot.
    19-20 ka antar hai in sab main.
  • Want to sell insights test series for 6500rs.. i purshased it for 7500 and gave only 1 test.., decided to quit dis attempt ... so if nebdy intrested msg me asap...
  • (not intending to spam)

Just so that information asymmetry isn't there -
    We'll be closing registration of our Prelims Test Series this Friday (15th December).

(from YouTube.com/SleepyClasses)

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • Join lukmaan..the reason is they give you access to 100 current affairs too....thats a good one:)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog