MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Reserved category candidate selected in General Category in State PSC

I recently appeared for a State PSC interview and was not selected because 2 reserved category candidates were selected in General Category. I know they can fill the seat of General Category based on merit. But the point here is that both the reserved category candidates used their reservation while qualifying in Prelims. Its true that in mains they had more marks than the General Category cut-off. But in Prelims they had lower marks than the General Category cut-off and therefore their prelims result was their respective reserved category columns. Many people have told me that Reserved Category Candidates cant take up the General Category seats if they have availed reservation benefit at any stage of the examination. But what I need is some documentary proof which I could enclose in my grievance to the Commission. So, guys plz tell me of any court case or UPSC rule which supports my cause. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• By mistake I have posted it more than once. Admn kindly delete all the posts barring 1.
  • edited November 2
    As someone suggested Tina Dabi case in other post, I am posting here.

Tina Dabi AIR 1 entered service under SC category only.
    IMG_20171102_134645.jpg
    540 x 268 - 55K
    Expire@2017.
  • If your information is correct, there is no point in pursuing the case further.
    ATB for next attempt/ other exam.
    Expire@2017.
  • If your information is correct, there is no point in pursuing the case further.
    ATB for next attempt/ other exam.

How you know that they have cleared pt in reserve category
  • edited November 2

Read the post, himself posted.

the point here is that both the reserved category candidates used their reservation while qualifying in Prelims. Its true that in mains they had more marks than the General Category cut-off. But in Prelims they had lower marks than the General Category cut-off and therefore their prelims result was their respective reserved category columns.
    Expire@2017.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog