MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Made a blunder in Mains paper - kindly suggest

i have made a blunder in the paper. in the invigilators sheet, in GS paper 3, I forgot to put the serial number of the my answer booklet. what are the chances that it will get evaluated? what are the chances that it will not get evaluated?

Comments

• Should not be a problem. It is examiners responsibility to do that. If they have collected it in order then they will fix it otherwise the gun will be pointed at their heads.
  • Its surprising that the invigilator was not alert regarding this. But dont worry, it will be fine. It will get evaluated.
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Okay 100% you are fine unless papers were collected randomly which I guess is not the case. Also I guess if he didnt ask you everyone else did not do it too. Maybe they wanted to do it themselves
  • anjus said:

i have made a blunder in the paper. in the invigilators sheet, in GS paper 3, I forgot to put the serial number of the my answer booklet. what are the chances that it will get evaluated? what are the chances that it will not get evaluated?

your copy 100 percent will be evaluated brother dont worry aise bahot cases hote hain...2014 me even mjhe bho doubt tha ek paper me sayad bhool gaya tha bt check hua tha..
  • anjus said:

Don't worry at all..last year I wrote roll no. Instead of answer booklet no in essay paper..mujhe doubt tha k paper check hoga ki nhi..but check ho ke thik thak score bhi aa Gye..:)
  • anjus said:

I don't get. The invigilator didn't come to your desk with the sheet at all?
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • He did, I didnt fill up, he also didn't check ... I hope the copy gets evaluated

Cant even study for optionals now..
  • edited October 31
    anjus said:

He did, I didnt fill up, he also didn't check ... I hope the copy gets evaluated

it will be evaluated bhai ...jaao aap padho mere sath bhi hua hai..
  • anjus said:

He did, I didnt fill up, he also didn't check ... I hope the copy gets evaluated

You marked present?
    If yes ,then invigilator would fill it
    Also ,answer copies are in series,so upsc will check.
  • Glory7 said:

anjus said:

You marked present?
    If yes ,then invigilator would fill it
    Also ,answer copies are in series,so upsc will check.
    Spirants who filled roll no. Earlier in place of answer book no,got it evaluated
  • anjus said:

I can assure you that your paper will be evaluated by all means. The invigilator will fill it up at the end before sending the copies.

Do not fear at all.

P.S. To cross check I made a call to one of our early moderators of the Forum. He was part of the Team that was on inspection duty at one of the centers in NCR. Even he said the same thing.

As a general rule, remember that UPSC will generaly not mess up with anything in terms of procedure.

Rest assured. Write 1-2 pages of Hindi by all means before you step in in Exam center tomorrow.

Especially focus on Ki and Kee की - and कि

की - Means "of" / Belonging to. | यह राम की घडी है |
    कि - "That" यह बात उसने मुझे बताई कि ये राम की घडी है | Get it?

Also do these two words well

१) ऋषि | ऋतू and not रिषी and रीतू

२) ब्रह्मा | ब्रह्म and not ब्रहमा , ब्रम्हा

Have full faith in you, you will do well!
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Hi, I forgot to fill P (Present) on Attendance Sheet in Essay Paper. But I have filled Answer Sheet Number as well as signed at the correct place. Please help
    ज़िंदगी अपने दम पर जी जाती है, गैरों के कंधों पे तो जनाज़े निकला करते हैं
  • Neyawn said:

anjus said:

I can assure you that your paper will be evaluated by all means. The invigilator will fill it up at the end before sending the copies.

Do not fear at all.

P.S. To cross check I made a call to one of our early moderators of the Forum. He was part of the Team that was on inspection duty at one of the centers in NCR. Even he said the same thing.

As a general rule, remember that UPSC will generaly not mess up with anything in terms of procedure.

Rest assured. Write 1-2 pages of Hindi by all means before you step in in Exam center tomorrow.

ऋतु।
  • @anjus ,
    Ma'am as. Mr.neyawyn clarified ur issues. Pls get. Back. To r optional studies . Just have positive momentum u 'll do ur best
  • Hi, I forgot to fill P (Present) on Attendance Sheet in Essay Paper. But I have filled Answer Sheet Number as well as signed at the correct place. Please help

No problem sir,u have filled answer sheet no...upsc does not penalise such things.

• Neyawn said:

anjus said:

Do not fear at all.

ऋतु।
    Thank you :)

Didnt notice that ई कार issue.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Do not, I repeat do not worry at all. Your copy would get evaluated at all costs
  • Urgent : filled the wrong circle in attendance omr sheet. The invigilator crossed it and filled the correct one. Will it be an issue? Please help
  • ias021 said:

Urgent : filled the wrong circle in attendance omr sheet. The invigilator crossed it and filled the correct one. Will it be an issue? Please help

No.. Chill :blush:
    Goodluck for optional... :+1:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Chlo ek raaz ki baat btata hu

This time our mains omr sheets numbers were all same in common papers. In morning it was 00***** and in evening it was 10***** where all stars matching in all common papers. Like mine was 0009*97 in morning and 1009*97 in evening for everyday. So if examiner distributed your copies regularly then have a nice sleep. Even if you don't write anything on both attendance sheet and original sheet still upsc know which copy belongs to which roll number. Very carefully crafted system. Limited prints limited Numbers. :)

PS- it may be 1 day variation in gs but as far as i remember mine all had same numbers each day. Including today :)

So just chilllll... focus on optionals :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog