Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

CSE Main Exam 2017- Papers

edited October 2017 in Tools & Technology
Kindly make this an announcement. Thanks.

Comments

• What a paper... :open_mouth:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Forget Basics, embrace current affairs and linkages to present context.
    Pattern change is good, you can extract time from 10 marks question and utilise it in 15 marks question.
  • I think scores are going to reduce a lot as compared to last year, thanks to the unexpected changes. People must have lost time in making a strategy and thinking how to answer the unconventional questions, even if they knew the content in general.
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • two st legislation mein one is atrocity act 1989. can forest right act 2006 be the second one?
  • fcckfk said:

two st legislation mein one is atrocity act 1989. can forest right act 2006 be the second one?

Can be
  • Queen said:

I think scores are going to reduce a lot as compared to last year, thanks to the unexpected changes. People must have lost time in making a strategy and thinking how to answer the unconventional questions, even if they knew the content in general.

You're spot on. Only people who have internalised from reference books with a decent amount of answer writing could confidently attempt this paper!
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • edited October 2017

Queen said:

I think scores are going to reduce a lot as compared to last year, thanks to the unexpected changes. People must have lost time in making a strategy and thinking how to answer the unconventional questions, even if they knew the content in general.

You're spot on. Only people who have internalised from reference books with a decent amount of answer writing could confidently attempt this paper!
    True... Those who assumed that papers would be on 2016 pattern would have been shell-shocked...
    As far as I've noticed, Mains is always a reflection of the Prelims paper. This time prelims was very specific, same for mains. Last year prelims was a little on the easier side, with mostly current affairs, mains too was on same pattern(very general questions). Scores too have been similar. Cutoff for prelims n mains both reached very high last year. This time, same might happen (prelims' is already low).
    Lets see though...
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Forget Basics, embrace current affairs and linkages to present context.
    Pattern change is good, you can extract time from 10 marks question and utilise it in 15 marks question.

Awesome paper for those who has habit of reading random things.
  • fcckfk said:

two st legislation mein one is atrocity act 1989. can forest right act 2006 be the second one?

Its asking since independence..there r many. Atrocities act..civil rights act..ncst...recent sc judgement in which sc ruled dat insulting content against sc st on social media is punishable...nd ofcourse the one you mentioned forests right act.
  • fcckfk said:

Its asking since independence..there r many. Atrocities act..civil rights act..ncst...recent sc judgement in which sc ruled dat insulting content against sc st on social media is punishable...nd ofcourse the one you mentioned forests right act.
    Pesa act ?
  • i found paper touch yar
    kya mai bahut weak hun mai
  • fcckfk said:

Pesa act ?
    Yes yes an important act. it provided reservation to tribals.
  • GARIB said:

i found paper touch yar
    kya mai bahut weak hun mai

Ni ans writing ni kiye ho ,test series ko poore serious hoke do dar khtm ho jayega :mrgreen:
  • i found paper very tough
    how to approch this type of paper ?
  • hanu28 said:

i found paper very tough

You writing mains this year??
  • fcckfk said:

The question is asking Two main legal initiatives. So he's right. 1st will be 1989, 2nd Pesa/Forest Rights Act.
    Answer should focus on these two mostly. Rest should be mentioned, along with Constitutional provisions.
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • hanu28 said:

i found paper very tough

How can he write main when it is 3pm and he is asking u strategy to write...COMMON SENSE IS NOT SO COMMON
  • guys..any lead on sources of questions?
  • Queen said:

fcckfk said:

The question is asking Two main legal initiatives. So he's right. 1st will be 1989, 2nd Pesa/Forest Rights Act.
    Answer should focus on these two mostly. Rest should be mentioned, along with Constitutional provisions.
    When i said him wrong ma'am. Read again :smile:
    Although i found enactment of protection of civil rights act 1955 was the earliest $ greatest thing happened for tribal welfare. So i found it more imp. Thn other Acts.
  • hanu28 said:

i found paper very tough

How can he write main when it is 3pm and he is asking u strategy to write...COMMON SENSE IS NOT SO COMMON
    Yeah u r right but who really cares if u r telling me first that common sense is not so common.
  • paddy123 said:

guys..any lead on sources of questions?

It needs multidisciplinary study. Just pattern has been changed not the origin of the questions. It according to syllabus only.just break the syllabus in details u vl find question paper acc to syllabus. Big failure for coaching centers.
  • Queen said:

fcckfk said:

When i said him wrong ma'am. Read again :smile:
    Although i found enactment of protection of civil rights act 1955 was the earliest $ greatest thing happened for tribal welfare. So i found it more imp. Thn other Acts.
    I didnt say u were wrong dear... I just said he's right... :blush:
    And yes, maybe... I think this way different people will mention diff acts, so it will have many right answers...
    Though one will have to discuss them properly for calling them the major initiatives and not the others.
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • See question no 13 - hindi me - teesra dashak ( therties)
    Eng me -( twenties )
    Hadd hai yar upsc ki , ab hindi wale hindi ka swal pdh ke lkhe ya eng ka :neutral:
  • edited October 2017
    :p
    Sweet Victory!
  • edited October 2017
    teesra dashak is 3rd decade which means twenties just like 20th century means 1900s not 2000s
  • edited October 2017

See question no 13 - hindi me - teesra dashak ( therties)
    Eng me -( twenties )
    Hadd hai yar upsc ki , ab hindi wale hindi ka swal pdh ke lkhe ya eng ka :neutral:

@NaTaRaJa is right... :tongue:
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Queen said:

See question no 13 - hindi me - teesra dashak ( therties)
    Eng me -( twenties )

@NaTaRaJa is right... :tongue:
    Sara maja chaupat kr diya aap logo ne :neutral:
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog