MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Victory - Huge Reform from UPSC. Thank you everyone.

edited October 17 in Miscellaneous
http://59.180.234.159/sites/default/files/Exam_TimeFrameRepresentation_Engl.pdf

This is huge!!! A big thanks to each and everyone of you who stood with us.

There is no word left to express the love for you all.

All because of your effort!!!!!!!

NOW YOU CAN FILE REPRESENTATION IN UPSC FOR WRONG QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.

Comments

• representations means corrections of questions ?
  • nipon said:

representations means corrections of questions ?

Yes!! just like in state psc's, if you think a question is wrong, you can send your evidence to upsc to rectify that answer key.
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • Awesome.. This is a great move by UPSC and whole credit goes to the never say die attitude of you et al.
  • nipon said:

representations means corrections of questions ?

Yes!! just like in state psc's, if you think a question is wrong, you can send your evidence to upsc to rectify that answer key.
    nice, it will work good for mcqs :) will not work in written questions though as many questions can be interpretative multiple ways

anyway step in right direction as long as emails get replied haha
  • Congrats n real huge victory in d direction of making it transparent.
  • They must declare the correct questions/answers within one months of exam . In ssc , they even release questions/correct and wrong answers in computer exams .
  • Very well done. Those who organised, the men and women who applied their brains and their bodies to this case, you did not win it, but you may have won a much larger cause.

Well done, hope these fellows now release the answer keys too.
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
  • Neither huge, nor victory, nor reform.
  • @santra @ einstein............what a reform!!!!!..awesome. kudos to u guys.
  • NaTaRaJa said:

Neither huge, nor victory, nor reform.

Reform it is. The first step is the smallest one. :)
    Comfortably Numb
    Blog name will be same.
  • If that lawyer would have turned up that day and argued well, we had a good case and something substantial would have come out of it. Case of pure bad luck n lack of ethical practice on the behalf of that lawyer.
    Anyways, this step from UPSC is small but the start of a more transparent n accounatble approach.
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
  • Well done @Einstein10 and others who fought for transparency!!
    “We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again.”
  • edited October 17
    I think the reason for dismissing the case is the time taken for us for seeking relief is too long.
  • Really significant step. Appreciation.
    Just wait and watch...
  • edited October 17
    Hahahaaaaa all people are here looking like bunch of absurd fools blaberring this as reform..
    In fact, through this notification, UPSC again abdicated its responsibility from two sides-
    1)they enforced a time-limit of 7 days, whereas in 2017 representations were acceptable till 1 month i.e.July 25th
    (this will only weaken the student's cause because lesser students will now be able to send representations.. This years
    case can be taken as example.. In July only ppl obtained correct answers.. this seven days should be at least 15 days)
    2)secondly not entertaining written petitions is another abdication of responsibility

Have they anywhere mentioned that they will also respond publicly to ISSUES/QNS raised by aspirants??
    Have they given any time-limit within which they will clear such doubts or will release ANSWER KEYS???
    Have they talked on releasing candidates OMR like SSC in one month??
    ANSWER TO ALL THREE ABOVE IS ABSOLUTE NO.. IF U V WEAK/VAGUE MIND, READ MY 3 QNS AGAIN B4 U SPEAK.
  • Out of the loop here. Can anyone explain what has happened?
  • Gr8 victory guys .these small steps leads to big reforms.
    Rich Wildings of North... Thanks to global warming
  • edited October 17

Out of the loop here. Can anyone explain what has happened?

Seriously!
  • Congrats @Einstein10 . But this reform will be very less effective until upsc releases the answer key within those 7 days. There would be many questions where people might want to raise representations only after checking the official answer key. Nonetheless, thanks for all your efforts
  • By 2050, upsc might begin to release the answer keys after prelims..our grandkids will definitely see the reforms kicking in...even the britishers were more generous in ushering reforms at the behest of moderates...neither any compensation was granted for this yrs exam.
  • @Einstein10 Why dont we petition UPSC regarding early release of prelims key?
    “We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again.”
  • परिवर्तन के लिए प्रयास करने वाले सभी योधाओं को मेरा सलाम | संघ लोक सेवा आयोग अगर आपतियां मांगेगी तो उत्तर-कुंजी जारी करने के पछतात ही मांगेगी, ऐसा मेरा मानना है | फिर भी अगर कुछ न हो इससे बेहतर है कुछ तो बदलाव आया, भविष्य में और बदलाव आ सकते है, बस लड़ने वालों को सहयोग करते रहे |

Against Islamic terrorism, Hindu nation agenda of RSS, Communist bloodshed in Kerala and WB. Learning "how to become a rationalist".

हर हर महादेव | जय माँ भवानी |
  • Congrats guys,but what about 2017 prelims questions? And what is it about the lawyer not appearing before court? Can someone explain
  • Huge step indeed, will go a long way to make UPSC more accountable. Makes the exam even more fair. #welcomestep. #Happy
  • I just found out something n I wanted to share with ye'all ... ye thread trending h toh Chalo isi pe sahi...
    Mogambo is an African origin name. Yes, apparently it's a real name in africa. That means our mogambo had at least considerable afrcan blood in him. If that's true, his representation as an anglicized man with super fake looking blonde hair is wrong.

Thank u fr reading this.

• Rasputin said:

I just found out something n I wanted to share with ye'all ... ye thread trending h toh Chalo isi pe sahi...
    Mogambo is an African origin name. Yes, apparently it's a real name in africa. That means our mogambo had at least considerable afrcan blood in him. If that's true, his representation as an anglicized man with super fake looking blonde hair is wrong.

Thank u fr reading this.

Wtf?!?!
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • F5 said:

By 2050, upsc might begin to release the answer keys after prelims..our grandkids will definitely see the reforms kicking in...even the britishers were more generous in ushering reforms at the behest of moderates...neither any compensation was granted for this yrs exam.

:joy:
    Sweet Victory!
  • But without the ans key, the ground for petition would not be strong.....
    Now or Never
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog