Shunned all prep n going for GMAT n then startup!

Hello my dear friends hope u all r doing fine.I have decided not only to quit all the exams related to civils but aspire to go for GMAT and after higher education wish to establish something novel but useful for society at large .I need inputs of those who have earlier taken such steps ,those who are known to you who have changed the track ,the problems faced and what will be ROI? The incubation period etc.I will be really thankful for your inputs!

Comments

• I say Godspeed to you Sir. I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming journey.

Be the world's 1st trillionaire!
  • Hello my dear friends hope u all r doing fine.I have decided not only to quit all the exams related to civils but aspire to go for GMAT and after higher education wish to establish something novel but useful for society at large .I need inputs of those who have earlier taken such steps ,those who are known to you who have changed the track ,the problems faced and what will be ROI? The incubation period etc.I will be really thankful for your inputs!

Whattt ?? Why ? Why so suddenly? ?
  • chills 1 said:

Hello my dear friends hope u all r doing fine.I have decided not only to quit all the exams related to civils but aspire to go for GMAT and after higher education wish to establish something novel but useful for society at large .I need inputs of those who have earlier taken such steps ,those who are known to you who have changed the track ,the problems faced and what will be ROI? The incubation period etc.I will be really thankful for your inputs!

A burning desire buried under the thick sheet of iceberg , was always there.Had a sudden realisation that I m wasting my talent here.
  • TheWolf said:

I say Godspeed to you Sir. I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming journey.

Words r wonderful .Gives me an insight into ur greatness .Thanks for ur wishes.Amen!
  • TheWolf said:

I say Godspeed to you Sir. I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming journey.

Words r wonderful .Gives me an insight into ur greatness .Thanks for ur wishes.Amen!
    :smile:
  • chills 1 said:

A burning desire buried under the thick sheet of iceberg , was always there.Had a sudden realisation that I m wasting my talent here.
    These words sounds like mine. You know i think about it day and night how i wasted my precious time. I feel i have other intrests too where i can do better. This prep is a vicious cycle. A cycle which blocks all your other paths and make you think in a certain way. This is my last attempt too. I will also take the decision in this winter.
    One can definitely do better in other fields. There are oppurtunities in many fields one just need to take decision.
  • chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

These words sounds like mine. You know i think about it day and night how i wasted my precious time. I feel i have other intrests too where i can do better. This prep is a vicious cycle. A cycle which blocks all your other paths and make you think in a certain way. This is my last attempt too. I will also take the decision in this winter.
    One can definitely do better in other fields. There are oppurtunities in many fields one just need to take decision.
    Take a deep plunge into ur own subconscious independently .Breathe deep and create a semblance of greatness into your own personality.If u wish to create something unique travel the path less travelled.IAS is no more a dream job.
  • edited October 11

chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

Take a deep plunge into ur own subconscious independently .Breathe deep and create a semblance of greatness into your own personality.If u wish to create something unique travel the path less travelled.IAS is no more a dream job.
  • What are the possibilities for higher studies in ecnomics,policy making from abroad ? Can anyone apply and get admission there after gap of 4 or 5 years?
  • Smart Man said:

chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

abolition of ias will be the greatest service to the motherland, to the poors and to the youth having goals deviated from real work & labour, rather running behind library, coaching, reading and writing
    Yes. You are absolutely right. The level of hard work we put in this exam if we work with same level of energy it would have been amazing academic career. Reserach in any humanity subject then oppurtunities in india and abroad. One who is not hungry for power and money will never feel satisfied in civil services.
  • chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

Yes. 2 mains results are on the line. If things wouldn't go well will start something new something fresh something where i can enjoy working. have several plans. Let's see what happens. But my best wishes to you. If you have decided something go for it. Don't be scared. Good luck
  • edited October 11
    chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

Yes. 2 mains results are on the line. If things wouldn't go well will start something new something fresh something where i can enjoy working. have several plans. Let's see what happens. But my best wishes to you. If you have decided something go for it. Don't be scared. Good luck
  • Nirwana said:

What are the possibilities for higher studies in ecnomics,policy making from abroad ? Can anyone apply and get admission there after gap of 4 or 5 years?

Yes of course
  • chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

chills 1 said:

Thanks bro

• edited October 12
    good decision..civils is a never ending cycle...one need quite a bit of luck to suceed apart from hard work...after wasting 5yrs of my life even I have decided that this is my last mains(3rd overall)..though I am working in railways through cgl(skipped one year cs due to it) I will be sitting for snap this yr..for gmat as I know one needs to have good work experience which civils preparation has deprived me..most of my friends either opted for gre/gmat /mtech or other mba exams... meanwhile I have been here with no results for 5yrs...people should nt waste so much of their golden years behind this unpredictable exam..u have taken a wonderful decision..best of luck
  • sajal89 said:

good decision..civils is a never ending cycle...one need quite a bit of luck to suceed apart from hard work...after wasting 5yrs of my life even I have decided that this is my last mains(3rd overall)..though I am working in railways through cgl(skipped one year cs due to it) I will be sitting for snap this yr..for gmat as I know one needs to have good work experience which civils preparation has deprived me..most of my friends either opted for gre/gmat /mtech or other mba exams... meanwhile I have been here with no results for 5yrs...people should nt waste so much of their golden years behind this unpredictable exam..u have taken a wonderful decision..best of luck

GMAT score is d most important thing overall .Then comes essay score n GDP score .Finally work experience matters for many top colleges.
    Thank you for ur appreciation.
  • Nirwana said:

What are the possibilities for higher studies in ecnomics,policy making from abroad ? Can anyone apply and get admission there after gap of 4 or 5 years?

In all the Anglosphere, UK is the best bet to get the study Visa for someone with a gap of years on resume/CV.

More than 1 reputed study abroad consultants told me this.
  • GMAT me work experience aur profile matter kar jati hai. Kaise justify karte hain Gap Years - any idea?
  • TheWolf said:

Nirwana said:

In all the Anglosphere, UK is the best bet to get the study Visa for someone with a gap of years on resume/CV.

Thnx from input bro.looking forward to more such help.
  • GMAT me work experience aur profile matter kar jati hai. Kaise justify karte hain Gap Years - any idea?

Not all institutes r looking from work experience. Gmat score ,essay score , GD N den work experience. BTW if u r doing something on freelance basis n can arrange some gud recommendations. .it will be taken care of.

Not all institutes r looking from work experience. Gmat score ,essay score , GD N den work experience. BTW if u r doing something on freelance basis n can arrange some gud recommendations. .it will be taken care of.
    Hmm. I know. List bana rakhi hai kya colleges ki? Will be helpful.

Yup few colleges in d list.will work upon all d options in coming year and then sit for d exam.
    Recommendations n work experience are real hurdles.

Yup few colleges in d list.will work upon all d options in coming year and then sit for d exam.
    Recommendations n work experience are real hurdles.
    Hmm. Yup. Fine enough. Best of luck mate.

Admit cards for all the competitive exams you took come in handy to justify the gap to a certain extent. MBA through GMAT maybe too big a thing for Admit Cards to offer any help.

But students from Haryana /Punjab with a bachelor's degree and SSC CGL Admit Card to justify the gap, migrate to Australia /New Zealand easily on a Study Visa for Accounting /IT/Business Management courses with the hidden intention of invading those nations, I.e., getting a PR (Permanent Residency).
  • TheWolf said:

GMAT me work experience aur profile matter kar jati hai. Kaise justify karte hain Gap Years - any idea?

Admit cards for all the competitive exams you took come in handy to justify the gap to a certain extent. MBA through GMAT maybe too big a thing for Admit Cards to offer any help.

But students from Haryana /Punjab with a bachelor's degree and SSC CGL Admit Card to justify the gap, migrate to Australia /New Zealand easily on a Study Visa for Accounting /IT/Business Management courses with the hidden intention of invading those nations, I.e., getting a PR (Permanent Residency).
    Hmm. Okay. Thank you. Lol for the ending remarks. Ha Ha Ha.
  • Bhai SOP wagera ka kaise kar rahe?

Sample
    Screenshot_20171012-135538.png
    1080 x 1920 - 280K
    Screenshot_20171012-135553.png
    1080 x 1920 - 204K
  • TheWolf said:

Nirwana said:

Thnx from input bro.looking forward to more such help.
    :smile:
  • TheWolf said:

Bhai SOP wagera ka kaise kar rahe?

Sample
    Got u ..a big thanks.exploring it further for a better outlook.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog