Suitable alternative to cello butterflow for mains?

kindly suggest me an alternative for butterflow as it stops running midway and not able to underline keywords due to fault in pen.
requirements- ball pen, little darker ink than butterflow, grip same as butterflow.
Please suggest acc. to experience

Comments

• Keep the refill in sun for a day or put it in hot water for some time. It does happen with old refills.
  • @F5 but its happening with me in new pens with brand new refills. Therefore looking for an alternative
  • Yes the refills are performing very bad..I threw 10 new refills ..
  • zed said:

kindly suggest me an alternative for butterflow as it stops running midway and not able to underline keywords due to fault in pen.
    requirements- ball pen, little darker ink than butterflow, grip same as butterflow.

Have you considered Jiffy Gel by Reynolds/ Rorito . Its dark, gel and I have seen it being a natural choice for people moving from Butterflow. Try, and it may suit you.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Yes the refills are performing very bad..I threw 10 new refills ..

+1
  • I shifted to Pilot v5 from Butterflow.
  • zed said:

Rorito Fanta/Liquiglide are good.

• edited October 11
    Both I and @MisfitMedico used Flair Hydra gel in last mains. Misfit has been using it since past 2 mains.
    We both drew diagrams and maps with the pen as well, no problems.
    Since it's a gel, it tends to clog if kept uncapped for longer duration, that's pretty much it.
    We usually require 1.5 pens per paper.
    It's a good pen, you can try it.

Edit: Just saw that you require a ball pen; well essentially gel ink is also delivered via a ball only. :wink:
    Can try though, since you're dissatisfied with butterflow.

P.S: My roomie uses butterflow, but he has also taken a fancy to the Flair gel, and now uses it alternatively with Butterflow. Don't know what he will use in the actual paper.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Both I and @MisfitMedico used Flair Hydra gel in last mains. Misfit has been using it since past 2 mains.
    We both drew diagrams and maps with the pen as well, no problems.
    Since it's a gel, it tends to clog if kept uncapped for longer duration, that's pretty much it.
    We usually require 1.5 pens per paper.
    It's a good pen, you can try it.

You have no idea of the confusion created in my life due to @misfit_doc and @MisfitMedico . They are not even misfits!
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Try montex soothflow.

its an exact copy of cello butterflow (flow,design, colour and built same. grip is rough and slightly thicker)

still not checked for that drying refill problem
  • U can use rorito liquiglide...it is similar to butter flow..
  • Use Hauser gel pens.After v5 to V7 now I have shifted to Hauser gel pen.Ink flow,grip and impression of ink on paper everything is good.
    You will not regret.
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog