Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Is it allowed to use stopwatch in mains

Can stopwatched be used in upsc mains. A friend of mine told that it's not allowed. Anyone who has used it earlier or hav knowledge bout it please enlighten. TIA

Comments

• Centre to Centre Varies.
    Indian Forest Service 2017 Batch | Skipped 92nd FC :`(
  • Do you have time to look at a watch? You are great!
  • Always carry analog watch even with the digital clock...Some centre don't allow digital clock
  • I hope your watch doesnt go ting every 7 minutes!
    Analog is best for exams.
  • Some analog watches have stop watch as well , i have a watch of fossil it has a stop watch , despite of it being a analog watch , so if u have one of those than it would be fine
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • Can stopwatched be used in upsc mains. A friend of mine told that it's not allowed. Anyone who has used it earlier or hav knowledge bout it please enlighten. TIA

UPSC center does allow you to have a digital watch.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Neyawn said:

Can stopwatched be used in upsc mains. A friend of mine told that it's not allowed. Anyone who has used it earlier or hav knowledge bout it please enlighten. TIA

does it allow smartwatch?
  • I would want to take both analog and smartwatch with me. Because the management at the Centre can not allow. Last time i was not allowed to take a writing board with me.
    Even when i had read somewhere in the instructions that it was allowed.

You cannot argue with them there. Gives you unnecessary tension :unamused:
  • Jedi2017 said:

Neyawn said:

does it allow smartwatch?
    I dont think so smart watch does have some functions of a cellular device , so I really doubt it, but again i guess ut depends upon whether the school management are aware of whether the watch is a smart watch or digital watch as many who haven't seen those watches might think that its an ordinary digital watch with normal watch functions, so it all depends upon their interpretation and knowledge about smart watch , but if u have one than carry an analog one in case , they do not allow it
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • Can we use smart watches to cheat in exams? Is this why the cut offs are going higher year after year?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog