ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Join and Support Vishal Rathi & Ors vs UPSC Case Writ Petition(c) 933_ Hearing date 13/10/2017

ATTENTION ALL !!

***** UPSC CASE Writ Petition 933/2017 with 80 Petitioners as of now!! *****

=>CASE GROUND:
* Atleast 4 questions were Ambiguous in UPSC Prelims 2017.
* Answer Keys are not released after Prelims like other state PCS.
* No Grievance Redressal Cell facility from UPSC.
* UPSC is fallible too since we know its Past year mistakes e.g. 2011 and
2016 Prelims faulty Official Answer Keys & 2016 Essay mains mistake.
* Injustice to 2017 aspirants without clarity on correct plausible answers.
* Injustice to candidates who had 2017 as last attempt.
* Injustice to aspirants who are not in merit list for
upcoming mains exam.

=> PRAYER:
* Compensatory attempts to every petitioners.
* Review from Independent Expert Committee over ambiguous questions.
* Revision of merit list. Release of Answer Keys.
* Relief as Honourable Supreme Court thinks.

Do Support for Transparency and Justice !!
Become Petitioners. Even 2017 as first attempt aspirants are petitioners. Shed fear of witch hunt.

How to Join:
* Provide signed Vakalatnama and notarised Affidavits both on legal size papers.Get Vakalatnama and Affidavit Blank Documents via whatsapp # 9560144927(Niraj)
* Provide your 2017 UPSC Admit Card and signed ID proof Copy on plain A4 paper.
* Submit petitioner Court fees of Rs.500 via Paytm # 9560144927(Niraj Singh) or Bhim App: Vishal Rathi (7838846880).

Courier your docs to below or you can personally handover to us at Mukherjeenagar and ORN.
Address: Niraj Kumar Singh, 116/7, Ground Floor, Gali No. 0, Wazirabad Village-110084, Mob. # 9560144927

Send your documents before 10 october.

Contact details for Doubt:
Niraj Singh(9560144927)
Vishal Rathi(7838846880)

Comments

• Hi All,

Senior Supreme Court Advocate Colin Gonsalves will appear for our case.

Prashant Bhushan ji is too ready to join Colin Gonsalves in our case. But since we as petitioners are not in position to afford entire fees asked by Prashant's sir Associate Lawyer, its humble request to all aspirants to support us and help us by contributing some amount as per their capacity. We need crowd-funding to manage Prashant Bhushan ji. Both are gems and well respected lawyers. We want to fight our case with full strength and against injustice done by nontransparent UPSC. Our First Hearing Day is on 13th October.

Please contribute monetarily to:
    Bank Transfer details -
    Beneficiary Name: Niraj Kumar Singh
    Axis Bank,Powai , Mumbai
    Account Number : 910010029705901
    IFSC :UTIB0000246

Paytm details - 9560144927(Niraj Singh)

Bhim : 7838846880(Vishal Rathi)

Thanks,

Niraj Singh(Core Team member)
  • How much fees prashant ji is charging
  • 75000 per hearing. We will request him finally to lower his charge which might be done. But still what minimum amount to offer is issue. Our target is to collect 70000/ for 2 hearings atleast.
  • edited October 6
    1)75000 seems to be too low to be true for a lawyer of Prashant Ji's stature.

2)"..Relief as Honourable Supreme Court thinks." Is it monetary in nature? If so, is it viable to do so for lacs of aspirants who can be adjudged victims of the rapacious discretion & opaqueness of UPSC this year?
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • edited October 6
    Just curious... Are u fighting this case on behalf of all aspirants who gave the 2017 attempt or only for the petitioners(right now 80 in number acc to u), as the first point under Prayer mentions about compensatory attempts to every petitioner?
    Also, what is the guarantee regarding the fear of witch hunt among students who would like to contribute but holding back due to this? Is it that, one can only hope that there is no witch hunt? Or that there is no such thing as this and its just a baseless rumour?
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • 3rd question- Can people contribute monetarily without becoming a petitioner or providing their details etc?
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Queen said:

Just curious... Are u fighting this case on behalf of all aspirants who gave the 2017 attempt or only for the petitioners(right now 80 in number acc to u), as the first point under Prayer mentions about compensatory attempts to every petitioner?
    Also, what is the guarantee regarding the fear of witch hunt among students who would like to contribute but holding back due to this? Is it that, one can only hope that there is no witch hunt? Or that there is no such thing as this and its just a baseless rumour?

1. Nope, relief will be for everyone who has written prelims this year. Why? Because if court grants it only for 80 petitioners, tomorrow everyone will come with a petition to court that see, your judgment is so and so, i am also aggrieved, give me also some relief. Court will never allow anything of such to happen, so it will grant relief to everyone. Example, recent judgment by allahabad high court in neet case.
    2. Witch hunt, honestly no one can answer this. We dont know who is in charge of what. And who's interest is what? and who's at wrong? At best we can speculate but it will be a futile exercise. It's impossible to answer this thing with a simple yes/no.
    It's purely your personal choice.
    1. If you have apprehensions, contribute only monetarily or in any other way.
    2. If you are fine with it, become a petitioner.
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • Queen said:

3rd question- Can people contribute monetarily without becoming a petitioner or providing their details etc?

Yes. :)
  • Hi All,

Prashant Bhushan ji is too ready to join Colin Gonsalves in our case. But since we as petitioners are not in position to afford entire fees asked by Prashant's sir Associate Lawyer, its humble request to all aspirants to support us and help us by contributing some amount as per their capacity. We need crowd-funding to manage Prashant Bhushan ji. Both are gems and well respected lawyers. We want to fight our case with full strength and against injustice done by nontransparent UPSC. Our First Hearing Day is on 13th October.

Bank Transfer details -
    Axis Bank,Powai , Mumbai

Thanks,

I kindly and humbly request everyone to send an sms to niraj quoting your "possible" contribution. So that he can take a decision on whether we can afford prashant bhushan ji or not.
    He will be meeting the associates at bhushan ji's office tomorrow and he has to communicate his decision tomorrow.

Example,
    I, So and So would like to contribute Rs. X towards hiring the lawyer, You can contact me at so and so time.

Those who want to stay anonymous and contribute.
    PM him on this inbox here.

Thank you everyone, I would want to reiterate the fact that, its only because of all and each one of you that we are able carry for this movement. Every contribution of yours is immensely helpful and we will always be grateful for your help.
  • Hi All,

Bank Transfer details -
    Axis Bank,Powai , Mumbai

Thanks,

I kindly and humbly request everyone to send an sms to niraj quoting your "possible" contribution. So that he can take a decision on whether we can afford prashant bhushan ji or not.
    He will be meeting the associates at bhushan ji's office tomorrow and he has to communicate his decision tomorrow.

Example,
    I, So and So would like to contribute Rs. X towards hiring the lawyer, You can contact me at so and so time.

Those who want to stay anonymous and contribute.
    PM him on this inbox here.

Thank you everyone, I would want to reiterate the fact that, its only because of all and each one of you that we are able carry for this movement. Every contribution of yours is immensely helpful and we will always be grateful for your help.
  • I kindly request the moderators @DrKingSchultz of anyone else to announce this thread till 13th October.
    Barely 1 week's time and Your help in announcing this thread will garner huge support from masses and enable this movement to gain traction.
    Thank you very much!!!!
  • Ek attempt hi badhawa lo bhai ,rahul gandhi ne aram se 2 attempt badha diye the ya fir gen obc ko bhi attempt ki limit se mukti de de modi sarkar ,age 32,35 banaye rakho par attempt ki mukti do sc st bhaiyo jaise :D
  • I have already contributed. As far as witch hunt is concerned trust me nobody in the government setup cares enough for such things. It might be four or five precious years of your life but it's just a job for them. Anyways best of luck to all the petitioners.
  • what is the procedure to be co-petitioner? suppose 13th is the case-date till when one can join as co-petitioner bcoz many here including me like the last moments of deadlines..
  • Smart Man said:

what is the procedure to be co-petitioner? suppose 13th is the case-date till when one can join as co-petitioner bcoz many here including me like the last moments of deadlines..

You can become petitioner any time. You can contact niraj on the above number and he will explain you.

Sorry, couldn't reply over inbox, held up in something.
  • How to become peritioners?

Send us below documents at given address:

1. Affidavit filled, signed and notarised
    2. Vakalatnama page signed
    3. UPSC Admit Card Copy self signed
    4. One ID proof Copy self signed

Need Affidavit and Vakalatnama strictly on Legal Size Paper(different dimensional page than A4 size).

Admit Card Copy and ID proof copy on simple A4 pages.

Documents with samples at below link :
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8oKgZ5QsMTcN0dIZ3I0R3hkN0k

Address at which these need to be sent:

Niraj Kumar Singh
    116/7, Ground Floor,
    Gali No. 0,
    Wazirabad Village,
    New Delhi-110084
    Mob. # 9560144927

Court fees : 500/

Lawyer Fees : Required for affording Prashant Bhushan sir. Contribution as per capacity.

Paytm and Account Number already shared in top posts.
  • Niraj Singh:
    Thanks to Samipya , Vaibhav and entire team.

Adding Tanu her friend Feroz who had direct communication with editor too in early morning.
    Great team effort.
  • Beautiful articles. :innocent:
    Thank you Niraj, Vishal, Tanu, firoz, samipya, vaibhav and all others. :)
  • Best of luck in your efforts...
  • The article covered all the issues accurately.

@Queen Nobody in the UPSC or Govt has the time/capacity to witch hunt us for going to Court. They will try their best to get the case dismissed in the court but nothing beyond that. Whereas having more co-petitioners will strengthen our case. Though the outcome will benefit all the aspirants, being an active member in the fight makes us that much more stronger to fight the case. We are a lot more confident now, with huge supporting co-petitioners, a well researched/comprehensive petition and two senior advocates.

So all the people still confused, we are 80+ petitioners now. You are going to be one among these petitioners, @niraj_singh will guide you how to be one. Bring your friends too... we want to be 100+ strong.
  • Which 4 ambiguous questions in Pre have been referred? ?
    I suppose number of such questions were way more.
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
  • edited October 8
    Push towards transparecy must be foremost point in petition too

Hope we win this case it will set a precident for future too
  • With regards to getting the answer key after prelims, I remember Mrunal too had filed a case, but in lower judiciary. He didn't succeed that time.
    Hope the case goes in your favor and grease the pending reform process as well.
  • how many among petitioners are appearing in mains 2017?
    presence of large no of such candidates can add further weight..
  • Weldone ..at least upsc will come out with more transparent system and will give unambiguous questions.very weldone folks!
  • ass said:

how many among petitioners are appearing in mains 2017?
    presence of large no of such candidates can add further weight..

There are few such petitioners. Many first attempt petitioners, those who had last attempt are there too. Many have faced interview earlier or written mains. Good representation overall.
  • Which 4 ambiguous questions in Pre have been referred? ?
    I suppose number of such questions were way more.

Others questions will be cited too. We have written atleast 4 questions out of several others are. Providing solid irrefutable evidences and logical statements is priority.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog