How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Preliminary Test Plan

When is the right time to join Prelims Test Series? suggest any online portal to join.

Comments

• hello, I think if u r just a beginner than u should not join test series at earlier stage, prepare well for 4-5 months than I would suggest you to join test series, many coaching centres start their fresh batches in the month of june and nowadays present their test plan for prelims , this would be the ideal strategy to prepare for upsc, after 4-5 months just join some test plan and do self evaluate that where do u stand. as if I m also a begineer so cannot suggest which of the test series would be the best. good luck.
  • dude join now. 3 months to go for notification.
  • win_2017 said:

dude join now. 3 months to go for notification.

can you suggest some good coachings for test series?
  • Decide like this :smile:

Have you covered the static syllabus ?

Spectrum, Laxmikant, Eco Static books(whatever you have chosen), Environment by Shankar,NCERT's ,GC Leong,Atlas for Geo, Nitin Singhania for culture

By "covered" I mean you have read and revised atleast once.

Have you covered the dynamic syllabus ?

Here atleast monthly CA magzine must be done.

If you havent completed the bare minimum as above do not give tests.
    Many websites promote early test taking but you have to cover the bare minimum first.

One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Also, dont join a coaching for test series.Rather buy static and dynamic test series from the ORN.Buy them practice at home and learn from your mistakes.Thats what everyone does.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • share the test plans for prelims ?
  • i have been preparing fr the prelims from july, should i go for the prelims test ? as many coaching are offering their plans now, i have seen vision ad, ksg test ad starting from next week nov.
  • When is the right time to join Prelims Test Series? suggest any online portal to join.

but test pprs toh free mein milte hai na online..
  • Warlord said:

When is the right time to join Prelims Test Series? suggest any online portal to join.

no, only one or two paper is for free at many portals then they ask you to join their paid slots or register for future tests. if u know any, kindly share here.
  • Warlord said:

no, only one or two paper is for free at many portals then they ask you to join their paid slots or register for future tests. if u know any, kindly share here.
    bhai i meant test ke xerox in orn market..
    waise i guess shashid thakur ke website hai sab test papers..

• shahid thakur..? pls share the link.
  • Thank u so much for sharing (y)
  • Thank you
  • Is Shashi Thakur sharing 2018 tests too?
  • hunkaar said:

Is Shashi Thakur sharing 2018 tests too?

yes, he has shared all the popular test series questions papers along with the explanations. do you have question paper of ksg test prep?

• It would be better to join now. And if you have enough money join test series of insightsonindia, vision etc. Also civils360s tests are good. And they offers both prelims and mains for Rs 3500. Their evaluation for mains answers is also good.
  • Kilvish said:

It would be better to join now. And if you have enough money join test series of insightsonindia, vision etc. Also civils360s tests are good. And they offers both prelims and mains for Rs 3500. Their evaluation for mains answers is also good.

Thanks for the suggestion (y)
  • this channel is being created by my friend who cleared civil services... i hope it will help...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog