MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 30th OCT(Evening) 5:15 PM - 7:15 PM & 15th Nov. (Morning) 11:00 AM-1:00 PM ;
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Back pain while writing tests

Guys I have been experiencing severe back pain for the past couple of days. This is hindering my performance while writing tests.
Since mains are approaching, this is a bit worrying for me.

Any quick fix solution to this so that I am able to give mains in peace.

Comments

• Stretching, Yoga + Try writing with a straight back instead of bending/curving, check posture + sleep straight with a small pillow or no pillow or even sleeping on floor will help reducing pain + take full 8 hours sleep.
    And btw, regular writing nowadays for 1 month will help later during mains. As back and hands/fingers go through hell in that time...
    yoga-for-back-pain.jpg
    550 x 389 - 47K
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • I didnt notice, here ustrasana is mentioned wrong. That is Setubandh asana. Do ustrasana as well and halasana. Check on net... All will help... :smile:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Volini spray if you want to fix the symptom. If you want to fix the cause, stretch every 30 mins. When you feel some relief, spread out the stretches to 1 hour and then 2 hours so on. Son, Its like 30 days to mains, take care of yourself. Bend down and try to touch your toes, feel that pain? Your core muscles are shot to hell.

Get a tennis ball, do these.

Its called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
  • Any pointers for severe neck pain?

Don't use pillows for a few days. Works sometimes. Not a professional.

Go see a doctor, could be anything from a pinched nerve, to spondylitis to a neck sprain to bad posture to tech neck from staring at a cell phone and your books all day long.

Try this one, listen to what they have to say.

1:10 onwards

3:40 onwards

Its called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    1. Walking ,Yoga & Pranyam works => Flexibility + Oxygen and blood flow. You can follow ramdev's video on the back pain.
    2. Reduce some weight
    3. Take timely sleeping (early to bed early to rise) it's important for proper hormone level specially Testosterone which has roles on the bone and muscle.
    4. Sleep without pillow and quilt type bed.
    5. Take sun bath without suns-cream to make Vitamin D or u can take a reliable vitamin-D capsule .
    6. Eat healthy diet -avoid junk food specially trans-fat.
    7. Vitamin C(daily needed) in your diet to make collagen.
    8. Take a break b/w 30-60 minute. Long term sitting causes fatigue in lower back and hip muscle.
    9. Change some postures as in the
    These are some suggestion if suffer more msg me your contact.
    AND PLEASE don't go for quick fix. Our body never get a fix quick. It takes time to repair.
  • I can share my experience of neck pain. I saw a neurologist and also an orthopaedic.
    They both said I am having muscle spasm.They suggested some regular stretching but only when it is normal pain and not when it is severe. In case of serious pain go for hot towel massage and apply Voveran. When pain subside then start stretching exercise. REMEMBER,no exercise in case of severe pain.
    Also my vitamin D was low so I had 16 capsules of Lumia60K. So, please get your Vitamin d tested.
    During last year mains I could not study effectively as it used to get unbearable after 1 hour of study.So, it was basically one hour of study and two hours of break. And I paid huge price for neglecting health.
    This year, I am much better because I invest one hour daily for jogging,walking and exercise.
    I can understand about 30 days are left for mains so clock is ticking but please go for some sort physical exercise.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog