[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

How to not get exhausted during test writing for back to back 2 GS test (Brain Fade,not handwriting)

Hello all, I would like to ask all your advices on how you deal with exhaustion while writing 2 GS papers back to back in 8 hours.
After writing one mock, i totally fuse out. How to keep up and running for a second one. I know "practice" , but any other tips.
·

Comments

• Here i would like to point out that my writing speed is fast, I want to ask about how to deal with brain fade
    ·
  • Practice
    When you continusely do this for 3 -4 months the brain automatically adapts
    But i think you wouldnt have that much time for this year prelims
    ·
  • Here i would like to point out that my writing speed is fast, I want to ask about how to deal with brain fade

Step1: take a shower if possible, else rinse your face
    Step2: consume caffeine or any do any dopamine driving activity

If you are not in a mood to do step 2, precede step 1 with 20 push-ups.

PS: the point being you have to keep the bloodflow fast. Hope you get my point
    ·
  • Hello all, I would like to ask all your advices on how you deal with exhaustion while writing 2 GS papers back to back in 8 hours.
    After writing one mock, i totally fuse out. How to keep up and running for a second one. I know "practice" , but any other tips.

too many advises.all depends on you.

Simple cup of tea after washing face with clean water will do good.
    You're a Warrior, damn it.
    ·
  • I know it is bit on the greyer side of things but there is a drug called modalert. It is used to treat people with excessive tiredness and sleepiness. What I suggest is take the minimum dosage of this tablet available over counter i.e., 100 mg. Break it into half and take it before first sitting. Combined with the adrenaline rush it proves to be an excellent performance enhancing drug. Top it up with caffeine drinks during the break between 1st session and 2nd. You will feel quite energetic without any kind of sloppiness. Most common side effect is headache yet kindly do consult a doctor before self medicating. I have personally used it when I pull all nighters or 24 hour study marathons before my semesters
    ·
  • BeLikeBro said:

I know it is bit on the greyer side of things but there is a drug called modalert. It is used to treat people with excessive tiredness and sleepiness. What I suggest is take the minimum dosage of this tablet available over counter i.e., 100 mg. Break it into half and take it before first sitting. Combined with the adrenaline rush it proves to be an excellent performance enhancing drug. Top it up with caffeine drinks during the break between 1st session and 2nd. You will feel quite energetic without any kind of sloppiness. Most common side effect is headache yet kindly do consult a doctor before self medicating. I have personally used it when I pull all nighters or 24 hour study marathons before my semesters

I guess the guy asked for 2 back-to-back tests, not 4 :wink:
    ·
  • There can be a lot of tips and hacks.
    1. Caffeine- Too much of it will cause your system to crash mid way through second paper, unless you follow up your drink with some high GI food.

2. Drug-- If it doesnt suit you, you are in trouble.Also, brain altering medicine is highly dangerous.

3.It can come with practice, yes. Too much of it will still lead to mental slowdown.

A good solution in remaining pumped for two tests is this: Love the process of writing a paper. Love writing itself. The thought of expressing yourself on a blank sheet of paper with a Mains question on it must excite you. So, an attitudnal change along with stamina (muscular fatigue will trigger mental fatigue)

Remember, we tire out mentally because we first tire out physically. So practice at home, develop a pasiion and you can sail through without any stimulants.

Do pullups to strengthen your arms.Or any exercise that works the same muscles
    Change pens. Check your writing grip and hand movement.
    Love writing and the process of writing Mains.
    Hope this helps :)

One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
    ·
  • There can be a lot of tips and hacks.
    1. Caffeine- Too much of it will cause your system to crash mid way through second paper, unless you follow up your drink with some high GI food.

2. Drug-- If it doesnt suit you, you are in trouble.Also, brain altering medicine is highly dangerous.

3.It can come with practice, yes. Too much of it will still lead to mental slowdown.
    b class="Bold">A good solution in remaining pumped for two tests is this: Love the process of writing a paper. Love writing itself. The thought of expressing yourself on a blank sheet of paper with a Mains question on it must excite you. So, an attitudnal change along with stamina (muscular fatigue will trigger mental fatigue)

Remember, we tire out mentally because we first tire out physically. So practice at home, develop a pasiion and you can sail through without any stimulants.

Do pullups to strengthen your arms.Or any exercise that works the same muscles
    Change pens. Check your writing grip and hand movement.
    Love writing and the process of writing Mains.
    Hope this helps :)

So True. Thanks!
    Indian Forest Service 2017 Batch | Skipped 92nd FC :`(
    ·
  • @INFI @ForumIAS @Neyawn Any medicine to increase hand writing speed?

I am so damn slow. Writing on average 13-14 questions in 3 hrs in GS paper tests. Today, I left 110 marks of my optional mock paper 2. I am feeling so disgusted by myself. Someone please suggest what to do?

·
  • Jedi2017 said:

@INFI @ForumIAS @Neyawn Any medicine to increase hand writing speed?

I am so damn slow. Writing on average 13-14 questions in 3 hrs in GS paper tests. Today, I left 110 marks of my optional mock paper 2. I am feeling so disgusted by myself. Someone please suggest what to do?

Bhai no idea.
    Daily 1hr for 2-3 weeks Answer Writing has helped a lot. I am able to finish papers in time with bad yet legible writing in last 2-3 answers. Try different pens, use diagram/flowchart to tell more in less words, revise in better way to improve thought/ recall process, change grip etc. Something will work for sure.
    Indian Forest Service 2017 Batch | Skipped 92nd FC :`(
    ·
  • INFI said:

Jedi2017 said:

Bhai no idea.
    Daily 1hr for 2-3 weeks Answer Writing has helped a lot. I am able to finish papers in time with bad yet legible writing in last 2-3 answers. Try different pens, use diagram/flowchart to tell more in less words, revise in better way to improve thought/ recall process, change grip etc. Something will work for sure.
    @INFI which pens would you suggest? Today, I tried a different pen and failed miserably. What other pens should I try out before the exam? I don't know why but my finger that I hold the pen with hurts after an hour or so which slows down my speed considerably. Maybe using some pen that avoids the pressure on finger will help...please suggest any good pens. Also, can we write in blue ink?
    ·
  • Jedi2017 said:

INFI said:

Jedi2017 said:

Bhai no idea.
    @INFI which pens would you suggest? Today, I tried a different pen and failed miserably. What other pens should I try out before the exam? I don't know why but my finger that I hold the pen with hurts after an hour or so which slows down my speed considerably. Maybe using some pen that avoids the pressure on finger will help...please suggest any good pens. Also, can we write in blue ink?
    you can try pilot pens...
    if writing remains legible, it is best
    4th mains| iss baar c**d maarenge
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog