MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

What would be an appropriate remuneration for making educational videos?

edited September 10 in Coaching & Websites
FOR AN EDUCATIONAL CHANNEL WITH A MILLION PLUS SUBSCRIBERS...
SHE IS CONFUSED AS TO WHAT AMOUNT SHE SHOULD ASK FOR VIDEOS..

THE CHANNEL IS OFFERINF HER ABYSMALLY LOW MONEY..

SO,IF ANYONE HERE WHO HAS WORKED BEFORE ON SUCH SIMILAR SITES,PLEASE SHARE AS TO WHAT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE...

PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS LOCK,KEYBOARD ISSUES
the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief

Comments

• I was formerly an YouTuber.

This call could have been only from two channels. In general, if it's Mr. R, he will pay according to the number of views u get on the video u prepared. If it's Mr. G u get a flat rate of 500rs /video.

From my own experience n that of my friend's, Mr. G's channel gives quality content while Mr r is known more for the theatrics. If I m correct, in either cases, her first salary is no way gonna exceed 20k (n I m being liberal here).

If this is what she wants to do eventually with her life, that is enter the coaching industry, then she could push for a lil bit of increase and do it. But it will require tremendous tremendous amount of hard work. Content making is one big pain in the ass. In both the channels, u make ur own content and themn also make ur own video. It may take ur entire fucking day to create a video that is good enough.

But then again, it's all about harder work, if u r good enough, someone else is gonna notice u pick u up for a higher salary, probably in brick n mortar coaching industry (I m guessing).

So all in all I don't think as a starter u can ask for more than 20k. It may increase from there, as u make urself indespensable to ur viewers.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion.

• Mr R is known to everyone
    Who is mr G ? , which channel is that bro ?
  • Mr R is known to everyone
    Who is mr G ? , which channel is that bro ?

Even I was wondering the same while reading.
    Jeet Lenge Yaar
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog