Any good book on indian geography.

Hi, is there any good book for Indian geography that covers entire syllabus exhaustively, i dont find majid hussain good enough...

Comments

• edited 11:50PM
    You mean for geography optional, right? @bikerGuy can you help with this?
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    khullar is good for paper2.but u will need to update info.
    CAPF 2011 Rank 70 | UPSC CSE 2013 | Sociology | Geography | IFoS 2013 interview . Whatever doesn't kill you....Makes you...Stranger!
    begin with ncert 11th and 12th class. its boring but very informative.
    DPS R K Puram | Manipal | Microsoft | PMRDF | Founder, ForumIAS.com
  • edited July 2012
    Khullar is the book used by many aspirants here. But for updated numbers majid husain is good. Ensemble notes also seem OK, but maybe an overkill
    go for rc tiwari, better than khuller
  • Khullar-Indian geography is not available in flipcart.Please suggest any other online bookshop to buy it .
  • You could check out infibeam. It has pretty cheap books too. Same for shops like crossword etc.
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
  • Hi...Does anyone have the ebook for GC Leong ?
  • Hi
    currently i m reading GC LEONG (Physical geography portion) but cannot able to understand it properly as i found its language a bit hard....so is it good to switch to some other book.?
    And what else i need to read for geography (pre + mains ) apart from 4 NCERT and GC LEONG.?
    thanks ..
    :)
  • Go for NCERT 11 & 12 Geography.It is good &for climatic and vegetation go for GCL.
  • @bhanjan
    thanks for rplying
    i have already gone through the NCERT but didnt understand well :(
    any other sources for both pre and mains.?
  • Which one's better? Khullar or RC Tiwari?
  • Khullar or RC tiwari ?
    Please respond .
  • Khullar or RC tiwari ?
    Please respond .

For optional,khullar is d best book for p2.
  • Thankyou
    What to read in topic : Cottage industries in Geography optional paper 2 ?
  • khullar is not worth buying....For geography optional paper 2, which deals with so called "indian geography" is a very general paper which u can handle with current geo-social-political-economic-transport-cultural happenings but u have to cater the questions by answering them in a bit geographical perspective...
    Khullar is a bulky book which in my opinion is not worth-it. But u can go through this book selectively and smartly...
    ATB
  • khullar is not worth buying....For geography optional paper 2, which deals with so called "indian geography" is a very general paper which u can handle with current geo-social-political-economic-transport-cultural happenings but u have to cater the questions by answering them in a bit geographical perspective...
    Khullar is a bulky book which in my opinion is not worth-it. But u can go through this book selectively and smartly...
    ATB

Although questions are more of current based but one needs to go through khullar once to have a perspective of the topics mentioned in syllabus. In spite of being bulky it is an easy read. U can complete it less time. Also one just need to go through only one book for paper 2...therefore it is good to go through it according to syllabus. Personal opinion.
  • Physiographic geography part of Khullar is must read and is very important. Every year there few questions from this section
  • Guys, I suggest Periyar Geography for location based learning.
  • Economic geography best source ?
  • was looking for this book..and it was just here...thanks shashi thakur
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog