[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Guidance needed regarding medical leave and disciplinary action.

Hi friends, I am going to write my 5th consecutive mains this time. I am already working as an excise inspector in Hyderabad for 4years now. During these years I have availed leave many times. Officially sanctioned. I was on leave for sometime before pre on civil grounds. As I had no leave left I applied for medical for 2 months immediately after pre and came to Delhi for the first time ever. Things were smooth until new commissioner, additional and assistant commissioner joined post GST. Some guys desiring leave went to the Commissioner which he bluntly refused. Thereafter they complained about me. The Commissioner then asked for my file and my life has been hell since then. I have been served 4 reminders to join immediately. Disciplinary action is threatened. My medical request is till 28th of September post which I need to reapply, submit fitness certificate and again request leave on exam grounds. I have no idea at this moment how to proceed. Thoughts about adverse remarks on my file, charge sheet , NOC etc, keep me occupied. If I join office now, I m not sure whether I will b able to write exam. Next year is my last attempt. I have struggled a lot with job exam and being miles away from home all these years. I have sinking feeling of giving up now, and probably reappear for ssc (as I hv more than 3years of service, though I am age barred now) and resign somewhere around Feb. Please guide me those who have certain experiences and information. I will be eternally grateful.
·

Comments

• dolly10 said:

Hi friends, I am going to write my 5th consecutive mains this time. I am already working as an excise inspector in Hyderabad for 4years now. During these years I have availed leave many times. Officially sanctioned. I was on leave for sometime before pre on civil grounds. As I had no leave left I applied for medical for 2 months immediately after pre and came to Delhi for the first time ever. Things were smooth until new commissioner, additional and assistant commissioner joined post GST. Some guys desiring leave went to the Commissioner which he bluntly refused. Thereafter they complained about me. The Commissioner then asked for my file and my life has been hell since then. I have been served 4 reminders to join immediately. Disciplinary action is threatened. My medical request is till 28th of September post which I need to reapply, submit fitness certificate and again request leave on exam grounds. I have no idea at this moment how to proceed. Thoughts about adverse remarks on my file, charge sheet , NOC etc, keep me occupied. If I join office now, I m not sure whether I will b able to write exam. Next year is my last attempt. I have struggled a lot with job exam and being miles away from home all these years. I have sinking feeling of giving up now, and probably reappear for ssc (as I hv more than 3years of service, though I am age barred now) and resign somewhere around Feb. Please guide me those who have certain experiences and information. I will be eternally grateful.

extend your medical leave till 3rd nov.
    for 105 days on medical ground they can't do anything.
    For next medical it would be better if u get medical ground that because of so much threat from superior during worse phase of ur life u developed depression.
    bindas raho koi kuch na ukhad payega. at max wo period LWP ho jayega .
    ·
  • @logout thanks. But on 28th Sep I will be completing 3 months of medical leave. If I am on medical till mains it will cross 120 days. Plus can I appear in exam while being on leave for medical ground? I am not sure. Thanks.
    ·
  • dolly10 said:

@logout thanks. But on 28th Sep I will be completing 3 months of medical leave. If I am on medical till mains it will cross 120 days. Plus can I appear in exam while being on leave for medical ground? I am not sure. Thanks.

yes u can appear.
    oh u completed 90 days so if u extend leave beyond that they will convert it to LWP aur ye service period me count nahi hoga.
    Bhai itte leaves se career pe fadk toh aayega hi but utta hi jitta 28th sep ko join karne se bhi.
    ·
  • @dolly10 go to ur office and request ur senior to extend ur leave for 1 more month.. because wo medical board baitha sakte and service break bhi aaram se kar skte..
    ·
  • @logout I really don't care about my job here. I only want to stay eligible for appearing in SSC on grounds of continuous service and upsc next year. So should I just continue sending medical. What happens in LWP? Thanks
    ·
  • @ogni44 there's no way they r sanctioning. In fact in reminder he has mentioned to join as my leave is not approved. Plus commissioner has told some guys that he won't give leave to appear for exam leave aside preparation. Can u please explain what is break in service? I mean will my previous 4years won't count? Can I write ssc on grounds of continuous service n getting age relaxation in case I resign say somewhere around Feb? I joined in June 2013 . Thanks.
    ·
  • dolly10 said:

@ogni44 there's no way they r sanctioning. In fact in reminder he has mentioned to join as my leave is not approved. Plus commissioner has told some guys that he won't give leave to appear for exam leave aside preparation. Can u please explain what is break in service? I mean will my previous 4years won't count? Can I write ssc on grounds of continuous service n getting age relaxation in case I resign say somewhere around Feb? I joined in June 2013 . Thanks.

break in service means u will not get seniority of that year.
    on medical ground they can't break ur seniority. don't join it will create further problem.
    but make medical certificate on the ground which is difficult to prove wrong like depression, back pain, or some communicable disease which once cured then difficult to establish that u have suffered or not.
    when they will form medical board just write to HR that u were sick still u r being harassed. Threaten them if medical board support ur case u will drag them in court.
    In my opinion less than 180 leaves they can't do anything except 4 giving u less ACR which u r bound to get.
    ·
  • Thanks so much @logout I have submitted medical for these three months, for 2 and one month separately on backache. Kind of u to tak time out for me. Really thankful. I don't care for ACR and seniority really. So I think I should stick to my ground only. Thanks
    ·
  • dolly10 said:

Thanks so much @logout I have submitted medical for these three months, for 2 and one month separately on backache. Kind of u to tak time out for me. Really thankful. I don't care for ACR and seniority really. So I think I should stick to my ground only. Thanks

if they go for medical board then only problem otherwise no things to worry
    at the end u can file for mercy petition if my case (PSU ) i took leave of more than 1 year and chargesheet was filed against me but at the end i filed mercy petition my basic pay was reduced and charges droped still me in job
    but central govt ka case hai may be different hu wahan rules
    u may refer service rules of ur dept whether Chief commisioner or CBDT chairman/members have power to review mercy petition in that case you may get last benefit their
    ·
  • @dolly10

@logout is absolutely bang on here...

Dont worry about this thing now....just send them an application that you are still ill and doctor has advised rest for another month....
    You can write exam on medical leave..no problem..

Jab join karoge to koi kuchh nahi bolega chinta mat karo...peeche se hi bawal hota hai...aur ye seniority, job break etc ka kya karna hai....selection ke liye optimistic raho..

nd regarding medical board...jis doctor se medical le rahe ho wo sarkaari hai na...??
    Bula ke dikhaye medical board use fir...he wont even care to reply...medical board kuchh nahi ukhaad sakta uska...
    Probation wale darrte hain yaar itna....itne saal ki service wale nahi dara karte...

P.S.--from an excise inspector senior to you.. :)
    Chill and concentrate on ya studies....this time wont come back..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • TAR said:

@dolly10

Dont worry about this thing now....just send them an application that you are still ill and doctor has advised rest for another month....

Jab join karoge to koi kuchh nahi bolega chinta mat karo...peeche se hi bawal hota hai...aur ye seniority, job break etc ka kya karna hai....selection ke liye optimistic raho..

nd regarding medical board...jis doctor se medical le rahe ho wo sarkaari hai na...??
    Bula ke dikhaye medical board use fir...he wont even care to reply...medical board kuchh nahi ukhaad sakta uska...
    Probation wale darrte hain yaar itna....itne saal ki service wale nahi dara karte...

Helli tar bhai...hope u remember me...helped me a lot regarding this leave matter only...glad u cleared this time...i m still doing the same i.e taking medical and preparing for mains ;)
    @Dolly bhai...just chill n prepare bindaas hoke...they can only make noises n nothing else
    Last tym my ac threatned to write to upsc and withdraw my candidature...when i joined he himself wrote to commnr to sanction my leave.
    Atb for mains buddy
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
    ·
  • @laptop thanks. I think rules in PSUs are much stringent than us. I hv no idea about mercy petitions in our department. But as suggested by many friends here I will continue in medical. Thanks
    ·
  • @TAR thanks a lot TAR. I did go thru your previous comments on same issue. You have always been very helpful. I will continue on medical grounds and hopefully it works out. Yes, I really don't bother at all of seniority pay etc. Ha govt doctor hi hai jis se medical Bheje hai. Thanks a lot.
    Congrats and all the best to u.
    ·
  • @div27 thanks div. yes even I went thru TARs previous comments. I will continue on medical. Hopefully we both make it. Thanks and all the best.
    ·
  • div27 said:

TAR said:

@dolly10

Helli tar bhai...hope u remember me...helped me a lot regarding this leave matter only...glad u cleared this time...i m still doing the same i.e taking medical and preparing for mains ;)
    @Dolly bhai...just chill n prepare bindaas hoke...they can only make noises n nothing else
    Last tym my ac threatned to write to upsc and withdraw my candidature...when i joined he himself wrote to commnr to sanction my leave.
    Atb for mains buddy
    Yes i remember buddy....
    Thankyou for the wishes...and best of luck to you too..

Kaisi chal rahi hai padhai..??
    Optional sanskrit hai na aapka...?..Pardon me if mistaken..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • dolly10 said:

@TAR thanks a lot TAR. I did go thru your previous comments on same issue. You have always been very helpful. I will continue on medical grounds and hopefully it works out. Yes, I really don't bother at all of seniority pay etc. Ha govt doctor hi hai jis se medical Bheje hai. Thanks a lot.
    Congrats and all the best to u.

Glad that i could be of some help to you.. :)
    Had been in the same kinda situatn last year..

Chalo koi nahi...thanks for the wishes and best of luck to you too..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • @TAR is it legal to write exam on medical (not the point of view of validity of exam but departmental action) ? I am also in excise department and on medical leave for CSE mains. I also would like to write IFoS mains this time. So is it ok for me to extend the my leave till december and write both exam on medical leave. Pls let me know the legal aspect if department raise any issue latter. I am on probation.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog