[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Meditation classes in ORN

Hi,

Are there any good meditation classes in Old Rajendra Nagar? Pls share details and experiences.
Going through a difficult phase right now...need some clarity.
·

Comments

• @gar_123 There is one near that sindhi park, in front of the Delhi Govt. school
    ·
  • U can join art of living or isha.. these courses r 5/6 days long so does nt have to be near... contact delhi center..
    ·
  • Have you heard about Vipassana?
    ·
  • Art of living near patel ngr metro stn...even caught one of my friend going there secretly...
    ·
  • pls share details..desperately need one :(
    ·
  • @gar_123 Art of Living courses are regularly held in ORN and NRN. The practices are really helpful managing stress and developing focus.
    I have sent you a message regarding details of the coordinator. You can get in touch with her.
    ·
  • @gar_123 Art of Living courses are regularly held in ORN and NRN. The practices are really helpful managing stress and developing focus.
    I have sent you a message regarding details of the coordinator. You can get in touch with her.

Such gem of an information should be shared with everyone. Hope you don't mind giving details

·
  • F5 said:

Art of living near patel ngr metro stn...even caught one of my friend going there secretly...

@F5 Pls share the exact location/contact details.I guess this place will be the most feasible for me.
    ·
  • gar_123 said:

F5 said:

Art of living near patel ngr metro stn...even caught one of my friend going there secretly...

@F5 Pls share the exact location/contact details.I guess this place will be the most feasible for me.
    I rebel; therefore I exist.
    ·
  • In case of art of living they suggest 4 steps of pranayam in their happiness program..

1 ujjeyi
    2 vatsika
    3 oom chanting
    4 sudarsan kriya

All of it can be completed with in 40 minutes if u aad 10 min of meditation after completion of 4 steps
    I practice the 1st three followed by 15min meditation nd leave sudarsan kriya.. because its not fr everyone i guess.. there is a risk associated with it according to some bloggers.. it was invented by sri sri unlike other 3 which are there since earlier times... but u shd definately try it nd see how it effects u...

I hav been doing this since a month.. it worths.. not a bad deal in rs 1000
    ·
  • In case of art of living they suggest 4 steps of pranayam in their happiness program..

1 ujjeyi
    2 vatsika
    3 oom chanting
    4 sudarsan kriya

All of it can be completed with in 40 minutes if u aad 10 min of meditation after completion of 4 steps
    I practice the 1st three followed by 15min meditation nd leave sudarsan kriya.. because its not fr everyone i guess.. there is a risk associated with it according to some bloggers.. it was invented by sri sri unlike other 3 which are there since earlier times... but u shd definately try it nd see how it effects u...

No thank you!
    ·

1 ujjeyi
    2 vatsika
    3 oom chanting
    4 sudarsan kriya

Can't afford 1000. Kindly explain these 4 steps in brief. Or direct us to some links which do the same.
    Thanks.

PS:why does the guy prefix 2 Sri?
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
    ·
  • go to a site called youtube.com .

search yoga of your choice in search bar and press enter .

and then practice as instructed .

if you are still confused there is a site called google.com .

go to that site , search yoga name and press enter .

click on various sites to get details on that yoga practice .
    ·
  • nipon said:

go to a site called youtube.com .

Legit made me giggle a bit.
    ·
  • nipon said:

go to a site called youtube.com .

What is YouTube and Google?
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
    ·

1 ujjeyi
    2 vatsika
    3 oom chanting
    4 sudarsan kriya

Can't afford 1000. Kindly explain these 4 steps in brief. Or direct us to some links which do the same.
    Thanks.

PS:why does the guy prefix 2 Sri?
    They are running a business.. it requires to creat a god like aura around the guy... art of living has patented sudarshan kriya... the 1st 3 pranayams r enough for a calm mind.. i will shair if i find any legit link..
    ·
  • There is Sahaj Marg (Heartfullness) meditation centre in ORN. It's a natural path (more can be read on net)...Group mediation happen every Sunday morning. One needs to take few sittings then can be practiced at home...
    When you delve really deep, you come out on top..!!
    ·
  • I have been doing pranayam, though not very regular at it...but it helps! Does Art of Living concentrate only on that or is there more to it?
    ·
  • gar_123 said:

I have been doing pranayam, though not very regular at it...but it helps! Does Art of Living concentrate only on that or is there more to it?

There is Yoga, Pranayam and Meditation
    ·
  • I think Sandeep maheshwari has sessions on YouTube for meditation and they are pretty good and practical.
    ·
  • gar_123 said:

I have been doing pranayam, though not very regular at it...but it helps! Does Art of Living concentrate only on that or is there more to it?

There r some other stuffs like blind fold slow dance with music .. i had opened my eyes .. it was so funny to see others dancing like jokers :# ... they ll make you look at a person .. will say blah blah blah...
    Also some teachings of sri sri for happiness
    ·
  • All i can say is i dnt repent for spending 1000.. its helpful... i went there after reading somewhere villin krishna (one kidnapped by maoist in past) suggested it... u can also try isha kriya.. i have heard a lot of good reviews abt it..
    ·
  • Came to know abt sahaja yoga.. it is free of cost and it has centers all around.. u can learn online as well..dnt know how useful is it.. side effects etc... here is the link http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://www.onlinemeditation.org/meditation-class-1/your-experiment-with-truth-introduction/&hl=en-IN
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog