MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Plz notice this in the context of prelim 2017

Even though this is irrelevant now, I thought this should be posted.

We all remember the UPI question to which most respectable coaching Institutions had given A as the answer. However, today I found a template from the official Twitter handle of bjp party which updates on govt schemes which speaks otherwise. Plz check for urself. May be I am missing something, n okay be wrong, but I think A won't be the answer then.

imageimageimageimage
IMG_20170827_144832.jpg
540 x 375 - 64K
DIOJSqBUIAANL1O.jpg
1200 x 1198 - 218K

Comments

• See, I saw so many people debate this question on prelims thread so many times. But the answer is A. I will make you see the answer from the question and other options itself.
    Look, first the question - "most likely consequence",
    Option b) the phrase "totally replace", in about 'two decades'.
    Analysis- first, whenever there is the use of such extreme words, is almost never true. Second, there is no data about such replacement in 'two' decades which is also illogical.
    Option c) "drastically"
    Anaysis - again the use of an extremity. No data to provide credibility to it.
    Option d) firstly, DBT is through bank accounts from the govt to beneficiaries, and though UPI might help in this, it wont be the most likely benefit. UPI mostly benefits people to people transactions. For eg, buying something from a shop, or repaying money to someone straight to the account instead of cash.
    In this question, background is necessary, that before UPI, online transactions were mostly through mobile wallets eg. Paytm, Mobiqwik etc but now you had your own account on UPI. The name itself tells, 'Unified Payment Service' i.e. You can send or receive money from anyone without need of a third person/platform. After demonetization, upi was the knight in shining armour :tongue: through which you could transact so easily.
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Also, another major point, BHIM can be used even without an internet connection, using SMS. Which is not possible in case of other platforms. :)
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog