For the first time, I am seriously treading on this UPSC preparation path. I have self-studied basics of GS while working in an MNC. But 2017-Prelims made me feel its not gonna work for me, to prepare along with job.
So I put down paper. And plan to take coaching in Delhi, because:
1. Kind of heard mentality:
- Most of the successful aspirants are against joining any coaching, but in fact most of them have joined.
- So, I fear if I don't join, I might lose something that I don't exactly know what (may be some psychological factor pushing aspirants to the limit.)
2. To follow a strict routine
3. To meet fellow serious aspirants for motivation.
The notice period took me long enough that I crossed Vajiram's admission last date. Now, that I will be available from September, from the options available I am considering to take up Sriram's IAS - GTB Nagar branch, September batch.
Now what want to know from the experienced senior players here are: (Plz take is as asking for guidance/advice/opinion)
1. Should I come to Delhi.
- I am not from Delhi/North India. So,in what ways coming to Delhi will help me, apart from killing the insecurity what people face if they don't come to Delhi?
2. Should I join a coaching centre.
- Is joining a coaching will help me in profound ways (without considering the financial factor). If so, which one will suit to my current situation.
3. What strategy will suit my situation?
Have been searching here @ForumIAS
for the light on this journey, but couldn't satisfy myself with sparse information available.
Your suggestion will be of great value and help to me.