[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Query related to Railway related backup jobs(RRB NTPC 2016)

I wrote the exam of RRB NTPC 2015. I cleared all the stages until now and now I have been shortlisted for Document Verification in RRB Ahmedabad.
I want to become a civil servant at any cost. Either UPSC or State PSC. But I have heard that Railways doesn't allow people to write other exams once they join the Railways? Last year they made a new rule according to which,2 options are given to people before their training. Either start training and join railways thereafter or to take one year of unpaid leave during which we can only prepare 1 for 1 exam. We can't write any other exam during our job in railways. This is ridiculous. I always wanted to be an officer. Even if I take one year unpaid leave,I can either prepare UPSC or State PSC.
Is this correct? And if it is correct,then what can be done about it? Please suggest guys!
·

Comments

• parth77 said:

I wrote the exam of RRB NTPC 2015. I cleared all the stages until now and now I have been shortlisted for Document Verification in RRB Ahmedabad.
    I want to become a civil servant at any cost. Either UPSC or State PSC. But I have heard that Railways doesn't allow people to write other exams once they join the Railways? Last year they made a new rule according to which,2 options are given to people before their training. Either start training and join railways thereafter or to take one year of unpaid leave during which we can only prepare 1 for 1 exam. We can't write any other exam during our job in railways. This is ridiculous. I always wanted to be an officer. Even if I take one year unpaid leave,I can either prepare UPSC or State PSC.
    Is this correct? And if it is correct,then what can be done about it? Please suggest guys!

Dont know about new leave rule. But join RRBNTPC only if you get CA. In other jobs you wont be able to get time for studies. Plus there is 5 years bond too. Ta, gg, asm are worse than Bank po
    ·
  • banbhatt said:

parth77 said:

Dont know about new leave rule. But join RRBNTPC only if you get CA. In other jobs you wont be able to get time for studies. Plus there is 5 years bond too. Ta, gg, asm are worse than Bank po
    Okay bhai.Are you also writing NTPC? Agar Unpaid Leave ka kuch pata chale to batana .
    ·
  • @banbhatt maine toh suna hain ki training period mein study karna is impossbile.aur job mein study karna bhi mushkil hi hota hain.
    ·
  • 786 said:

@banbhatt maine toh suna hain ki training period mein study karna is impossbile.aur job mein study karna bhi mushkil hi hota hain.

Bhai mera ek relative hai railway main kuch nhi karta time hi time hai bas what's app aur movies hi dekhta hai torrent se download karke...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog