MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

[Postponed' Handwriting Speed Improvement Classes Postponed to coming Sunday , Sept 03

Update on August 28th at 12PM

Dear Friends, given the transport and security situation, the Handwriting Classes have been postponed to Sunday , September 3, at 2PM. This should be a safe date .

Visit the noticeboard to know more

http://blog.forumias.com/noticeboard
====
UPDATE on August 26th, 4PM

Dear Friends,owing to the Baba Gurmeet Ram Rahim Conviction, and subsequent complete shutdown of trains and buses from Chandigarh, the handwriting speed improvement classes scheduled on Sunay are postponed. They are likley to be held on Tuesday from 3PM. However, this is subject to restoration of law & order , and a final confirmation will be sent to all students by 4PM on Monday evening.

We are sorry this happened at such a crucial juncture for you . We regret the inconvenience caused.

A final date will be provided by Monday 4PM.

=============
Dear Friends,

This is for your information.

A lot of our students have been facing handwriting speed and legibility issues to the point that it hampers their final selection in the exam. A group of about ten students reached out to us, requesting us to arrange Classes by Mohan Ray, Handwriting Expert , in New Delhi. Also, we were given a favourable recommendation from ForumIAS members who had taken this course.

Based on this feedback, we have arranged for the conduct of this course in New Delhi at ForumIAS Offline Center on Sunday , August 27th. If you have speed issues, and you have not been able to improve despite doing practice and all short cut techniques, you can take these classes.

You can read more about the program here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns1xvyofr4uoujb/Handwriting Classes for ForumIAS 4 Pager.pdf?dl=1

You can see sample copies of student and ForumIAS Member who shared the details of faculty , as he had taken these classes, below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o05xiytcesu4n53/Handwriting Copy.pdf?dl=1

We may not be able to arrange classes again before Mains 2017, so if you have any known issues of speed and handwriting ( Your Test Series Score / Mentor would tell you by now ), you can attend it THIS SUNDAY.

Comments

• Sir please arrange online class.
  • Thankyou .Will surely join :)
  • edited August 23
    "The fees charged by the faculty are Rs. 5000 + applicable taxes."
    Is it the overall fee he is demanding from ForumIAS (as a compensation for his 4hrs)? Or is it the fee charged on each student , i.e. Rs.5k+ per student ...for 1 class ??
  • chuck said:

Is it the overall fee he is demanding from ForumIAS (as a compensation for his 4hrs)? Or is it the fee charged on each student , i.e. Rs.5k+ per student ...for 1 class ??

The fee the faculty charges / student.. It is standard fees that he does not change. We have no role apart from arranging the classes in New Delhi at a physical center. This was done on request of forum members like @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh and several others. We need 10 people at least to get the teacher to come to Delhi.

We came to know about the teacher from one offline student. His username on forum is probably jedi or soulful. Not sure, hence not tagging.

You can also directly reach the teacher and take one to one classes online once we have feedback from classroom students.
  • ForumIAS said:

chuck said:

The fee the faculty charges / student.. It is standard fees that he does not change. We have no role apart from arranging the classes in New Delhi at a physical center. This was done on request of forum members like @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh and several others. We need 10 people at least to get the teacher to come to Delhi.

We came to know about the teacher from one offline student. His username on forum is probably jedi or soulful. Not sure, hence not tagging.

You can also directly reach the teacher and take one to one classes online once we have feedback from classroom students.
    Alright. Thanks for the clarification.
  • As of now, since he had 10 applicants who wanted to take the course, we do not have bargaining power with the faculty . If we have like 50 or 100 students in future, we can convince the faculty to reduce fees / student. But with 10-20 students it may not be possible.

P.S. This is being done trying to address a real problem facing aspirants writing CSM 2017. We are just facilitating this.
  • Thankyou FORUMIAS .. I will surely come.. I was already planning to go to chandigarh and try this. Heard a lot about him. Even if it help increasing 5% speed ie 1 question per paper.. for me it's worth going ..because i know the pain of losing service by less than 10 marks.. leaving paper despite knowing it all is a great pain ..even if in worst case it don't benefit me at all still i will be happy bcz atleast i tried improving.. writing practice to vese bhi kr rhe..aage rbb rakhaaa.. So i will surely come. Thankyou for heeding to request sir g. :)

PS- Fee itni h sir ki i have confirmed it. So don't even think that forum wale pese kmane k liye ye organize krwa rhe h.. i personally signed the request paper for calling Mr Ray here.. and thankfully they are doing it !

So thankyou FORUMIAS for saving my traveling time and fares ;)

Healthy handwriting k naam se search kr skte h jinko ku6 bhi doubt h to.. :) I wanna try it.. eagerly waiting ..writing speed sucks :neutral:
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • I guess it is a better option considering the calligraphy services in ORN start at the base price of 8.5K and offer only offline support.
  • @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh bro, if sir gives any general tips that you find beneficial to improve speed, please share in the forum :) :) I cannot attend as I am not in Delhi. :/
  • @ForumIAS There are two copies in the Brochure. Are they before and after copies or are both copies after he did the handwriting correction program ? Please clarify.
  • Is there any fee for attending the same?
  • avix said:

Is there any fee for attending the same?

5k / student
    and it woild be worth ut
  • @ForumIAS @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Is this program through online mode also?
  • @gati yes google healthy handwriting and proceed with the same fee online.
  • Please try to provide the class in online mode.Will be really helpful for those outside delhi.Thanks.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • My handwriting is horrible,was in desperate need for such kind of class. Will definitely try to come to this class.Thank you for arranging such a class. Just one question, how much do we have to pay for this class?
  • Kinetic said:

@gati yes google healthy handwriting and proceed with the same fee online.

Thanks. Is the teacher Mohan Ray from Chandigarh?
    @Kinetic
  • Kya Hindi medium ke liye bhi hoga?
  • Is this the fee for 1 session or for the entire course.
    I am in Lucknow, I will attend the session on the 27th at Delhi and return back to my hometown. How would post session support be provided if i am not in delhi.
  • gati said:

Kinetic said:

@gati yes google healthy handwriting and proceed with the same fee online.

Thanks. Is the teacher Mohan Ray from Chandigarh?
    @Kinetic
    Yes
  • @Forum can u plz clarify about the main focus of the workshop .. is it about handwriting improvement or speed. Actually what I can see online is that Mohan ray conducts workshop for handwriting improvement . Didn't find speed anywhere which is wat most of us r looking for I guess
  • @Forum can u plz clarify about the main focus of the workshop .. is it about handwriting improvement or speed. Actually what I can see online is that Mohan ray conducts workshop for handwriting improvement . Didn't find speed anywhere which is wat most of us r looking for I guess

@Confuscious16 Handwriting improvement leads to speed, when done for a longer period of time. It depends on the individual psychology, thought-hand connect and patience. Hence, if you are writing mains this time, do not expect a Tina-type emulation happening for you. You may get it, but its not sure. But legibility will surely improve
  • @kinetic bro I don't except a Tina -TYPE handwriting
  • Summary: First he will ask you to write a paragraph. Then he will analyse each one's(if class size is small). Then he will give you a standard format to write each letter and then some words. It will be in a style which reduces unnecessary strokes. Then some motivation in between. Lastly you have to practice in that format long enough before it become your default style. I don't know how much can be done in two months. As you have to concentrate both on your writing and content. If I write in my current style I won't think too much on my handwriting apart from some spellings but if I change my writing style, I will have to put effort on handwriting as well as on content. The fee was 2000/- in 2012-13.
  • @MartinBlank I won't be writing mains this year but in 2018. Do you think this program can be helpful in improving legibility and speed if practiced properly ?
  • @MartinBlank Advise me too.I might also give mains in 2018 , will this program be helpful ?
  • Summary: First he will ask you to write a paragraph. Then he will analyse each one's(if class size is small). Then he will give you a standard format to write each letter and then some words. It will be in a style which reduces unnecessary strokes. Then some motivation in between. Lastly you have to practice in that format long enough before it become your default style. I don't know how much can be done in two months. As you have to concentrate both on your writing and content. If I write in my current style I won't think too much on my handwriting apart from some spellings but if I change my writing style, I will have to put effort on handwriting as well as on content. The fee was 2000/- in 2012-13.

Hi ! Can you please post an image of letters in "standard format" you are referring to.
  • woorang said:

@ForumIAS There are two copies in the Brochure. Are they before and after copies or are both copies after he did the handwriting correction program ? Please clarify.

@woorang - both copies are of improvement stages. Attaching the latest copy and last years samples.
    Changes are apparently visible viz. more connectivity, reasonable size and overall improvement in legibility.
    Results could vary from person to person based on his/her efforts. But as @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh said only 5% could make a large difference when you have the content and not the speed.
  • image2.JPG
    640 x 480 - 163K
    image1.JPG
    640 x 480 - 132K
  • The handwriting is a large part of you and and your representation as an individual. It also depends on the kind of circumstances you have in your life. Moreover it has evolved with you over the years. It is possible to change it if you do required practice and have dedication. But even if you practice in standard format which you might see in the handwriting classes or online tutorials or in handwriting books, the final outcome will be different as it will be a product of your personality and circumstances. It will definitely improve for the better but it might not be a true image of the format which you want to replicate.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog