MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

SOCIOLOGY PREPARATION GROUP FOR 2018

Hi friends,
I scored around 230 in sociology in CSE 2016 .As I have skipped this years exam, I will be starting my prepartion for CSE 2018 shortly.
Anyone who is intrested in having a group for discussing sociology can drop me a message.We can help eachother in planning,clearing doubts,evaluating answers etc.
“We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again.”

Comments

• Hai Brian intrested
  • I would like know how to start my preparation for Sociology and sources

Hi,
    You can go through the following blogs written by toppers-
    1. Kshitij Tyagi’s blog: http://kshitij-tyagi.blogspot.in/ (for paper 1)
    2. Tanvi Sundriyal’s blog: http://thecivilservicesdream.blogspot.in/2010/07/sociology-mains-preparation.html (for paper 2)
    3. http://blog.forumias.com/sociology-optional-strategy-saurabh-upsc/

Hi
    You can also go through Chandra mohan gargs blog on sociology preparation-http://www.insightsonindia.com/2016/06/28/sociology-strategy-chandra-mohan-garg-rank-25-cse-2015/
  • Hi friends,
    I scored around 230 in sociology in CSE 2016 .As I have skipped this years exam, I will be starting my prepartion for CSE 2018 shortly.
    Anyone who is intrested in having a group for discussing sociology can drop me a message.We can help eachother in planning,clearing doubts,evaluating answers etc.

Is suicide : Material Social Fact or Non Material Social Fact !!
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • Hi friends,

Suicide is non-material Social Fact according to Durkheim.
    And according to him, non-material Social Facts present a great opportunity for Sociology to expand it's scope.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • Shkk said:

Hi friends,

And according to him, non-material Social Facts present a great opportunity for Sociology to expand it's scope.
    Thanks !! But suicidal rates can be empirically established and can be observed and anything which is objective in nature comes under Material Social Fact....right !!
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • Shkk said:

Hi friends,

Thanks !! But suicidal rates can be empirically established and can be observed and anything which is objective in nature comes under Material Social Fact....right !!
    Borrowing from an online resource -

Two types of social facts are material and non-material social facts. Material social facts are features of society such as social structures and institutions. These could be the system of law, the economy, church and many aspects of religion, the state, and educational institutions and structures. They could also include features such as channels of communication, urban structures, and population distribution. While these are important for understanding the structures and form of interaction in any society, it is nonmaterial social facts that constitute the main subject of study of sociology.
    Nonmaterial social facts are social facts which do not have a material reality. They consist of features such as norms, values, and systems of morality. Some contemporary examples are the norm of the one to three child family, the positive values associated with family structures, and the negative associations connected to aggression and anger. In Durkheim's terminology, some of these nonmaterial social facts are morality, collective consciousness, and social currents. An example of the latter is Durkheim's analysis of suicide

Amply explains the difference.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • Shkk said:

Shkk said:

Hi friends,

Borrowing from an online resource -

Two types of social facts are material and non-material social facts. Material social facts are features of society such as social structures and institutions. These could be the system of law, the economy, church and many aspects of religion, the state, and educational institutions and structures. They could also include features such as channels of communication, urban structures, and population distribution. While these are important for understanding the structures and form of interaction in any society, it is nonmaterial social facts that constitute the main subject of study of sociology.
    Nonmaterial social facts are social facts which do not have a material reality. They consist of features such as norms, values, and systems of morality. Some contemporary examples are the norm of the one to three child family, the positive values associated with family structures, and the negative associations connected to aggression and anger. In Durkheim's terminology, some of these nonmaterial social facts are morality, collective consciousness, and social currents. An example of the latter is Durkheim's analysis of suicide

Amply explains the difference.
    Thnx
    Let The Mind Games Begin
  • I am also interested.. Make sociology whatsapp group.. Anybody interested.
  • I am interested, buddies is anyone of you joining Upendra Sir institute this november batch ? lets catch up on call at 9491531046
  • Hi all .. yes i am also interested to join such group of sociology. Please consider me as well 7207771001
  • Can anybody help me with this question:

"Vertical mobility brings structural change even in closed system". Comment.
    ऐ राजा राजा राजा,
    करेजा में समाजा
  • Can someone add me in this group too?
    ऐ राजा राजा राजा,
    करेजा में समाजा
  • m also ...pls add..i prerared for upsc last year but left the exam.this time i have to make it
    light up ur Darkness to bright up ur Future...AJ
  • or intrtd ppl inbox me we will make a grp
    light up ur Darkness to bright up ur Future...AJ
  • Guys anyone who having pen drive notes of socio pls msg me at 8291420239 wts app ,I m ready to share cost
  • i m also intrested
    add me in whats app group
  • Interested.
    Yes. I am in love with Kanimozhi.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog