Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

What is stapled visa | How is it different?

edited October 2013 in Current Affairs
under Chinese policy
A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    That is a visa where the stamps of the country are not placed directly on your passport, but on pages staple to it. When the visitor leaves the country he visits, his visa and entry and exit stamps are torn out, leaving no record on his passport.

This is most frequently used in countries which are hostile to each other, so that the passport holder will not be harassed by the government of the country he is a citizen of.

For instance, the countries which do this most for US citizens are Cuba, Iran, Syria and North Korea. Earlier, before ties were normalized, this was done with China and Vietnam.

In China's case for Indian citizens from Jammu and Kashmir & AP, the Chinese Foreign Ministry's message is "The Indian administration of Jammu and Kashmir & AP is contested, so we will not directly stamp your passport. Stamping your passport would imply recognition of this situation. Instead, we will provide you with a stapled visa."

Note: Not my words, Found while googling :)>-
  • here is the quora link to the meaning of stapled visa,
    http://www.quora.com/What-is-meant-by-stapled-visa-and-what-does-it-mean-1
    Indian Forest Service 2016
    pre= 2, mains= 0, interview= 0.
  • Also heard that people doing medical graduation in china are given a stapled visa too... How far is it true..
    When they say you can't do it, it definitely means you have to do it!
  • @jye21
    in layman word...
    A stapler is a mechanical device that joins
    sheets of paper or similar material by driving
    a thin metal staple through the sheets and
    folding the ends. Staplers are widely used in
    government, business, offices, homes and
    schools .
    so visa which is attached to passport using stapler.. is known as stapled visa..
  • I think the creator of this thread's intention was to know , the context of stapled visa . And person was answered comfortably and almost comprehensible by the fellow candidates . So layman's version was found as spoiling the broth ..
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • The explanation provided by @DANGERIPS reminded me Three Idiots !!!
    CSE 2016/17
  • The explanation provided by @DANGERIPS reminded me of One Idiot !!!
    I don't like to reply to idiots and if you think I am referring to you, you are probably correct.
  • @woman at 4 am you was thinking about an idiot. oh god. ha ha.
  • @vibin sir i am very happy to see you after such long time.how is your prepr. going for pree 2014.
  • edited October 2013
    I'm still active as before .. High in morale .. :)>- @DANGERIPS

2017--> 8th attempt
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog