ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Utility of services in UPSC if one wants to quit

edited August 10 in Official Exam Process
This thread is a bit off topic but I recently read about how an IAS posted in Buxar ended his life. Now that most of us are spending day and night in completing the syllabus, what happens if someone goes through hell after joining the service, getting which is also a path through hell.
Which of the services help build a profile through which one can seek opportunities outside the area in which one is working? Can seniors or people with knowledge share some insights so that we can keep them in mind while filling our preferences?

Comments

• Dont blame the service(s).

Circumstances kill people. Service(s) dont!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • Know an ias eho quit after 8 years in service..he is getting 3crore salary in a brit mnc.

An irs customs getting crore package in reliance.

Adani industries filled with babus.

Many irs it guys working as partners with pwc etc...

Civil servants are highly valued in pvt sector u will get direct entry into director level.

• Afaik services with high value in pvt sector..

IAS>IRS CUSTOMS>IRTS>IRS IT>IPTAFS..
  • Afaik services with high value in pvt sector..

IAS>IRS CUSTOMS>IRTS>IRS IT>IPTAFS..

Thanks for responding. It is a big help.
  • See ppl with knowledge of infrastructure finance ,supply chain and logistics management ,ppp project experience are highly valued in pvt sector...minimum 1cr package for sure.

After putting 8-12 in services one should definitely switch to pvt sector ample oppurtunities...its my pvt opinion.
  • See ppl with knowledge of infrastructure finance ,supply chain and logistics management ,ppp project experience are highly valued in pvt sector...minimum 1cr package for sure.

After putting 8-12 in services one should definitely switch to pvt sector ample oppurtunities...its my pvt opinion.

a.k.a Money :mrgreen:

Yes my boy 3-12 cr package isn't it ??? ..but one should be bullish while in services to grab oppurtunities that may be useful for switching.

Yes my boy 3-12 cr package isn't it ??? ..but one should be bullish while in services to grab oppurtunities that may be useful for switching.
    one of them is pandering the party(ies) where your interest lies...
  • Dont you think this precisely is the root of all corruption....

Also, why look for opportunities in the pvt sector AFTER you clear the exams?

Pehele hi dhundh lo, thoda competition kam ho jayega :mrgreen:
  • Dont you think this precisely is the root of all corruption....

Also, why look for opportunities in the pvt sector AFTER you clear the exams?

Pehele hi dhundh lo, thoda competition kam ho jayega :mrgreen:

:joy:
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Bhai jab paise kamana hi main aim hai to CAT de ke IIM se MBA kar lo (same amount of efforts to clear CAT as that of UPSC). After 10-15 years of experience after MBA from IIM you will be definitely be working at or above managerial position with salary many times more than IAS entering the Pvt sector at same time.
  • Dead Man said:

Bhai jab paise kamana hi main aim hai to CAT de ke IIM se MBA kar lo (same amount of efforts to clear CAT as that of UPSC). After 10-15 years of experience after MBA from IIM you will be definitely be working at or above managerial position with salary many times more than IAS entering the Pvt sector at same time.

Be like trump say no to salary after getting into ias or take only half salary.
  • Tudor said:

Yaar mujhe to is baat par hansi as rahi hai ki OP much aur pooch raha tha, air discussion kaha chali gayi. He was never talking about money!! WoWo majburi me switch karne ki baat kar raha tha. His question statement got a whole new dimension here. ROFL!!!

Log sentimental ho jate hain is topic pe.

Thanks for your response.
  • Catman said:

Tudor said:

Yaar mujhe to is baat par hansi as rahi hai ki OP much aur pooch raha tha, air discussion kaha chali gayi. He was never talking about money!! WoWo majburi me switch karne ki baat kar raha tha. His question statement got a whole new dimension here. ROFL!!!

sorry for talking about salary part its just an incentive to switch whc i mentioned...atb
  • Catman said:

Tudor said:

sorry for talking about salary part its just an incentive to switch whc i mentioned...atb
    Arey sir I wasn't talking about you. Your response helped. Thanks again.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog