ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

What should I do?

Hi guys, I need help and suggestions of all of you. Please guide. I am a dentist, and appeared 4 times in cse, but yet to crack pre. 4 times failure is bogging me down. This year I was prepared but lack of sleep of last night and over-anxiety and panic cost me this year. Also I am ageing, at present I am 28. Last year I cracked cgl tier 1 but never bothered about it, so was out in tier 2. I have applied for various examinations although, but I am not able to concentrate on it, as one mind says go for upsc and other says go for job. Also I am out of touch in dentistry since 3 years. As upsc is unpredictable and viewing my repeated failures, please guide me what I should do? Should I get a job or should I prepare for upsc? If upsc then please guide about everything of upsc, as I am doing some serious Mistakes which I am unaware of. Million of thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited August 10
    @Gutanberg
    Friend your situation is really grave.
    Yes it is your worst phase. But you can not just get back to normalcy but you can realize your own dream of becoming a Civil Servant, if that is really the most important dream you have had till now.

Firstly, please do some rigorous research about where you can get a job based on your interests, skills or location. Location plays a big role, finding a small job nearby is better than a big job which requires travelling.
    So, first please get a Job, dont think too much about how big or small it is. Anything which pays you about 30K should be your sole criteria. For eg. you can apply to various Institutes for Content or Teaching Jobs.
    Once you start earning a lot of your problems which appear now will fade away and you will realize that what matters for the next year is your decisions and your own time.

Secondly,
    Please read with Curiosity. Don just go after completing a material after another. Think why something is written and make proper and well arranged notes of as many topics and subjects you can. Listen to Mrunal's lectures to develop the relevant curriosity. Your efforts will not go to waste.
    Leave the past behind and start afresh. The best way to start afresh is to spend 1 complete week of quality time on Previous Year Question and Syllabus, these two documents will completely alter your approach, which unfortunately has been poor.

Thirdly,
    Join test series for both Prelims and Mains and as soon as it starts for Optional and devote yourself to completing the targets atleast two times before the respective tests.

Its your worst phase and only you can get out of it. But I am sure you can.

I have not taken any names of any test Series or Insitute as I would want to leave it to your own Judgement.
    Its ohk to Fail but its not ohk to realize and learn from One's mistake.

All the best man!

PS: Aur han, Ek question mere bhi hai, I am having a really troublesome wisdom tooth issue, It is coming in slanting position and thus effects the roots of its preceding molar. Is it advisable to remove it or bearing the pain is an option?
  • Already given 4 attempts ..so better get a job first ..ssc etc ..or RBI grade B ..
    Then give ur 2 best attempts ..
  • @Gutanberg
    Yes it is your worst phase. But you can not just get back to normalcy but you can realize your own dream of becoming a Civil Servant, if that is really the most important dream you have had till now.

Firstly, please do some rigorous research about where you can get a job based on your interests, skills or location. Location plays a big role, finding a small job nearby is better than a big job which requires travelling.
    So, first please get a Job, dont think too much about how big or small it is. Anything which pays you about 30K should be your sole criteria. For eg. you can apply to various Institutes for Content or Teaching Jobs.
    Once you start earning a lot of your problems which appear now will fade away and you will realize that what matters for the next year is your decisions and your own time.

Secondly,
    Please read with Curiosity. Don just go after completing a material after another. Think why something is written and make proper and well arranged notes of as many topics and subjects you can. Listen to Mrunal's lectures to develop the relevant curriosity. Your efforts will not go to waste.
    Leave the past behind and start afresh. The best way to start afresh is to spend 1 complete week of quality time on Previous Year Question and Syllabus, these two documents will completely alter your approach, which unfortunately has been poor.

Thirdly,
    Join test series for both Prelims and Mains and as soon as it starts for Optional and devote yourself to completing the targets atleast two times before the respective tests.

I have not taken any names of any test Series or Insitute as I would want to leave it to your own Judgement.

All the best man!

PS: Aur han, Ek question mere bhi hai, I am having a really troublesome wisdom tooth issue, It is coming in slanting position and thus effects the roots of its preceding molar. Is it advisable to remove it or bearing the pain is an option?

Thanks for reply. It is very much valuable. Regarding your molar, better get rid of it, as it may impact other tooth. Also get advise of a doctor, as one can best evaluate it by observing it.
  • @Gutanberg

Secondly,

Thirdly,

All the best man!

are wisdom teeth wali meri bhi yahi problem hai :s
    prelims 3 ...mains 2+3rd 2017...interview 1(no rank)
    cutoff----kejriwal's range(-+3)
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog