ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

ForumIAS Current Affairs ( Revision Classes ) From August 10th+ Request Classes in Gurgaon

Dear Friends,

ForumIAS will be holding Current Affairs ( Revision ) Classes for Mains 2017. The classes will commence from August 10th and the classes will be held in New Delhi from Monday to Friday from 11AM to 1 PM.

- The new Batch will commence from August 10th. The timing will be from 11AM to 1 PM.
- There will be 25 Classes in total, each of 2 hours – 2.5 hours duration. Additional classes if needed will be planned and informed in advance.
- 15 out of the 25 Classes will be held in August, so that we cover most of the important issues in August itself.
- Then remaining 10 classes will be held from September 18th – 29th ( Monday to Friday ) to cover any issues that are more recent and we think are important.
- The classes will be held offline only as of now in New Delhi at Old Rajinder Nagar.

The broad objective of the program is to

-Cover all important issues from the Current perspective that are relevant for the Mains 2017 Examination.
-To provide adequate answer writing practice within limited time on the most probable questions for Mains 2017 in the classroom itself.

The goal is to cover every relevant issue for Mains, including all relevant dimensions in as less time as possible so as to be effective in helping candidates benefit from it and improve score, especially in GS Paper 2 and 3.

Handouts will be provided before every class.

You can see a sample handout here – http://blog.forumias.com/handouts

Venue

ForumIAS Offline, 3rd Floor, Shop No. 6 ( Above NEXT IAS ), Old Rajinder Nagar Market, New Delhi 110060

Nearest Metro Station : Karol Bagh

Landmark : Near Syndicate Bank

Enrollment and Fees

The Fees for the Offline program will be Rs. 10,030 ( inclusive of all taxes )
The fees have been kept to the minimal so as to ensure that many candidates can benefit from it.

How to enroll
You can visit the offline Venue and enroll by paying the fees at the offline center.
Alternatively, you can visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS to pay the fees and enroll for the program.

P.S.

We have an ongoing Batch running at full capacity and many of our friends / forum members have joined it. You can see the pictures below

P.S. The ACs will not be an issue now.

P.S. For those of you who are working and want us to provide these classes in Gurgaon, please fill up the form below

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-8BlpT6XXxCCfs87mb1VPbtRuuzlrb-YxNNPEG89FYuUOdw/viewform?usp=sf_link

And we will do our best!

Comments

• can anyone please review these classes?
    Aspiring Diplomat.
    Prelims: 2, Mains: 2*, Interview: 0

• For daily “The Hindu” news cum Questions analysis visit our website under ''APTI Q'' Zone.http://www.aptiplus.in/aptiq/
  • nonpareil said:

can anyone please review these classes?

chalo kyunki yahan koi achha review dega nahi acchhi class ka..let me do a favour to forum by putting a review, since u ppl are doing so much.

these revision classes of current affairs are taken by dipin. first of all one does not need to take current affairs classes if one has done things like 1) own newspaper notes 2) already taken some classes any time in past.

but in past 2-3 years, competition has increased like hell, now everyone is doing answer writing , current affairs sources such as vision, insights 9pm brief etc is there, so u cant lose any topic.

i had taken last year dipin's classes, when i came briefly , as i did not get enough time to do current topics, being working candidate + only got 1 months leave. i was recommended by many old timers jinhone join kiya tha..

the teaching is good, and to the point without wasting time, so those of you who are having scarcity of time, can go and attend.

many would be thinking of joining mains 365, let me tell you, jobhi mains 365 class me hain, woh sara maal mains 365 notes me hai.. aur usme koi fayada nahi hone wala hai kyunki as such issues ko utha kar teaching nahi hoti hai, bus repeatation of notes ho jata hai.

dipin ki class mein achhi khaasi answer writing practise bhi ho jaati hai, neend bhi nahi aati hai ( unlike chokkalingham ) .. aur current ki class ka koi alternative hai nahi inke alawa.. go for it.

@ForumIAS , IMO fees was 14,000 last year and worth it, it is less than last year fees, why so?

baaki jo log attend kar rahe hain, woh review daal de , lacuna and all.

mujhe koi lacuna bhi nahi laga tha,, aur jo parhaya tha last year, woh fans bhi gaya tha..
  • edited August 4

nonpareil said:

chalo kyunki yahan koi achha review dega nahi acchhi class ka..let me do a favour to forum by putting a review, since u ppl are doing so much.

these revision classes of current affairs are taken by dipin. first of all one does not need to take current affairs classes if one has done things like 1) own newspaper notes 2) already taken some classes any time in past.

but in past 2-3 years, competition has increased like hell, now everyone is doing answer writing , current affairs sources such as vision, insights 9pm brief etc is there, so u cant lose any topic.

i had taken last year dipin's classes, when i came briefly , as i did not get enough time to do current topics, being working candidate + only got 1 months leave. i was recommended by many old timers jinhone join kiya tha..

the teaching is good, and to the point without wasting time, so those of you who are having scarcity of time, can go and attend.

many would be thinking of joining mains 365, let me tell you, jobhi mains 365 class me hain, woh sara maal mains 365 notes me hai.. aur usme koi fayada nahi hone wala hai kyunki as such issues ko utha kar teaching nahi hoti hai, bus repeatation of notes ho jata hai.

dipin ki class mein achhi khaasi answer writing practise bhi ho jaati hai, neend bhi nahi aati hai ( unlike chokkalingham ) .. aur current ki class ka koi alternative hai nahi inke alawa.. go for it.

@ForumIAS , IMO fees was 14,000 last year and worth it, it is less than last year fees, why so?

baaki jo log attend kar rahe hain, woh review daal de , lacuna and all.

mujhe koi lacuna bhi nahi laga tha,, aur jo parhaya tha last year, woh fans bhi gaya tha..
    @nonpareil As far as relevance of class...extremely useful for mains (no exaggerations) ; it'll help in consolidation of the content and points ...for answer writing (GS2 & GS3); only issue is money... though fees not that high but after investing so much in test series we need to think carefully...

If you're at ease with current affairs and including those points in your answers, then you can skip it.

And if your gs2, gs3 part is not that good and money is not an issue you can definitely go for it...

p.s. - not a promoter of forumIAS :p , just sharing my experience of the class.
  • @ForumIAS... plz consider the request to provide online version also so that outstation candidates can also enroll.. u have flavido as platform.. plz consider to make it online also.
  • Please consider online as well. If not possible atleast provide handouts of class @ForumIAS
    Now or Never
  • Will forumias provide atleast handouts of all revision classes for outstation students ??? Plzzzz its a sincere request !!!
  • Will handouts of classes be provided on this website
  • Please consider online too. There are lots of folks outside Delhi who would like to join.

Please make this favour forumias, considering your main objective of guiding civil servants aspirants from everywhere.

Please break this artificial distinction between Delhi and non Delhi aspirants.
  • nonpareil said:

study material quality is good.. content is more than enough .. concise and well researched so it will be easy to revise in the last moment .. a true revision class ... no new learning or insight ..only known to everyone topics will be revised.. writing 4-5 questions will definitely help if you wish to learn quick answer framing style

and last hint for true ias aspirant .. upsc need robots who can reproduce and vomit whatever she/he studies, in the exam hall without thinking rationally then such class will definitely preapre for that ecosystem in short duration
  • NightFury said:

Please consider online too. There are lots of folks outside Delhi who would like to join.

Please make this favour forumias, considering your main objective of guiding civil servants aspirants from everywhere.

Please break this artificial distinction between Delhi and non Delhi aspirants.

Yes forum ias genuine request
  • fakeid said:

nonpareil said:

study material quality is good.. content is more than enough .. concise and well researched so it will be easy to revise in the last moment .. a true revision class ... no new learning or insight ..only known to everyone topics will be revised.. writing 4-5 questions will definitely help if you wish to learn quick answer framing style

and last hint for true ias aspirant .. upsc need robots who can reproduce and vomit whatever she/he studies, in the exam hall without thinking rationally then such class will definitely preapre for that ecosystem in short duration
    Answer writing is done within the class itself ? Right ?

• Forum, Thanks for all the commendable support you have been providing. It is really great guidance at all stages.

Video recording for revision classes should not be very hard considering the same is done for test discussions.

Please consider our request and provide revision classes too. It will be very helpful for all of us.
  • edited August 5
    Please @ForumIAS sir, do provide online classes as well.. If Gurgaon plan materialises then well and good.. else please heed to the request of online videos.
  • edited August 5
    @ForumIAS I am a working candidate so it won't be possible to attend these classes. Please do consider making these lectures available online for equivalent or slightly more price.

• @ForumIAS Please provide online classes.
  • Yeah...pls provide online classes...very much required!
  • Please consider online classes.
  • Provide online classes plz im a working candidate
  • @ForumIAS Please provide online classes.

Please consider everyone's request and provide online classes.
  • @ForumIAS

I had one request to make to you. Plz hear me out.

I had attended Dipin Sir's class, no doubt the revision class for Prelims was very very good, it was exam oriented, and to the point, especially the IR class.

But just that I had some doubt in joining the Mains classes, as Mains approach and Prelims approach is quite different.

I was just wondering if you can allow us to take 1-2 classes for demo, for checking utility it will be very very helpful for us..students.

i know you guys have kept the fees to 8500 compared to vision which is charging two times the amount.. but fees is still high ... it will be really helpful, if you allow 1-2 classes like you did.. for prelims..

see, most of us are preparing for long time, and dependent on parents for financial support..so we have to use whatever financial resources we have wisely..

so it will be great if you provide some demo classes.. allow us at least 1 class..so that we can assess effectiveness for ourselves..

you have been the most student centric , and it will add another feather to your cap, if you will just pay heed to do this..

you can charge us nominally like 100-200 rupees for the demo class instead of keeping it free so that there is not much overcrowding...
  • anjus said:

@ForumIAS

I had attended Dipin Sir's class, no doubt the revision class for Prelims was very very good, it was exam oriented, and to the point, especially the IR class.

But just that I had some doubt in joining the Mains classes, as Mains approach and Prelims approach is quite different.

I was just wondering if you can allow us to take 1-2 classes for demo, for checking utility it will be very very helpful for us..students.

i know you guys have kept the fees to 8500 compared to vision which is charging two times the amount.. but fees is still high ... it will be really helpful, if you allow 1-2 classes like you did.. for prelims..

see, most of us are preparing for long time, and dependent on parents for financial support..so we have to use whatever financial resources we have wisely..

so it will be great if you provide some demo classes.. allow us at least 1 class..so that we can assess effectiveness for ourselves..

you have been the most student centric , and it will add another feather to your cap, if you will just pay heed to do this..

you can charge us nominally like 100-200 rupees for the demo class instead of keeping it free so that there is not much overcrowding...

+1
  • P.S. @ForumIAS we are not doubting quality of class, my only goal is to check if the classes are going to be useful for me or not as i have already appeared for mains multiple times, and made my own notes.. so basically if classes are useful for old timers or not.. that is why i am asking for it.

I am MGP+ student as well as Prelims Test Series Student also..
  • anjus said:

@ForumIAS

Yes @root give demo class.... junta wants demo class...
  • anjus said:

@ForumIAS

• anjus said:

@ForumIAS

@forum ias @root do it plz
  • despirant said:

anjus said:

@ForumIAS

even i think this is a legitimate demand.. see i know class is good..that is why i have given such good feedback.. and especially for people who do not have much time or have nt been able to cover current affairs well.. you guys are doing a great job..

many of my friends have joined it this year on my recommendation and they are happy.. classes are cheap, exam oriented.. and not wasting unnecessary time..

but everyone has their own studying style.. it may suit some, it may not.. so better to provide people opportunity to see ki kitna fayada ho raha.. hai.. anyway, those whom it doesnt suit.. there is no point catering to them.. isnt it?

dear.. you can do this.. u can charge for some open classes that people can take without paying full fees... like 100-200 rupees as @anjus is suggesting..
  • despirant said:

anjus said:

@ForumIAS

even i think this is a legitimate demand.. see i know class is good..that is why i have given such good feedback.. and especially for people who do not have much time or have nt been able to cover current affairs well.. you guys are doing a great job..

many of my friends have joined it this year on my recommendation and they are happy.. classes are cheap, exam oriented.. and not wasting unnecessary time..

but everyone has their own studying style.. it may suit some, it may not.. so better to provide people opportunity to see ki kitna fayada ho raha.. hai.. anyway, those whom it doesnt suit.. there is no point catering to them.. isnt it?

dear.. you can do this.. u can charge for some open classes that people can take without paying full fees... like 100-200 rupees as @anjus is suggesting..

+1

Sound Logic.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • plz consider online classes!
  • Dear All @anjus @SHADOW_BLAZE @nonpareil @nandini

you can walk in to the Offline Center and attend a class, we do not have issues with that. We will be conducting 2 sessions on August 16th and 17th which can be attended by anyone after registering

http://instamojo.com/ForumIASAcademy

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog