ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Regarding OBC

hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks
«1

Comments

  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Wait for this year's allocation, picture will be clear by that time
  • @23MY since ur dad's income is more than 6 lakhs per annum so u come under creamy layer category under the present rules as equivalance of posts has not been established..

    The case is still going on in delhi high court, wait for the court's decision. Wait for that, everything will be clear.
  • income criteria for obc is 10 lakh..if ur father's salary more than 10 lakh thn u r in "creamilayer"category and not opt 4 reservation
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
  • @pavanias its not 10 lakh, its 6 lakh.
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    Have you got any allocation or was rejected thoroughly. How many candidates have been rejected in 2015
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    For PSU only right? Or even if parent in state secretariat, teaching, municipality etc?
  • naughty said:

    23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    Have you got any allocation or was rejected thoroughly. How many candidates have been rejected in 2015
    10 were treated as Creamy layer, some who cleared in General got lower service/ cadre.
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    For PSU only right? Or even if parent in state secretariat, teaching, municipality etc?
    it applies for PSUs/ autonomous bodies/ universities / private employment/ banks/ insurance organisations. For all those which come under category IIC of the Office memorandum.
  • If person is coming in creamy layer after pre, finds out after exam, but is scoring high in pre, what can reslove issue?
  • valerian said:

    If person is coming in creamy layer after pre, finds out after exam, but is scoring high in pre, what can reslove issue?

    They change it automatically and one needs not worry unnecessarily. Just provide the real information in your DAF i.e. exact income.. And if you come in creamy, they'll shift without even asking for any explanation.
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    For PSU only right? Or even if parent in state secretariat, teaching, municipality etc?
    it applies for PSUs/ autonomous bodies/ universities / private employment/ banks/ insurance organisations. For all those which come under category IIC of the Office memorandum.
    I think there is a systematic planning to isolate and deprive OBC candidates. Because whos problem is it if dopt doesnt have equivalence?

    I think this is not a small, isolated event, it all a properly engineered thing. Cant believe dopt not allocating service even whose parents are drivers, and peons... Very shameful for this govt....

    @obcpsu fight has there been any hearing in this case so far bhai?
  • 23MY said:

    hello everyone..please solve my confusion...
    i have a OBC non creamy layer central govt certificate, my father is a BSNL employee as a SDE(group 'B' officer)..he posted as a group 'C' and now at stage of 58 he is still group 'B' officer..so my question is according to upsc am i eligible for OBC ncl category??
    please guys aap me se kisi ko bhe koi information ho to mujhe bata do..because i was ask this question to many people but nobody give me clear answer..even at upsc office nobody give any information..they will say--'aapko jab notification mile to usme dekh lo'..so even forumias sir please if u also have any information regarding this, then please clear my doubt ASAP.. thanks

    Hey man, I m one of the candidates who have filed the case against 2015 service allocation.
    No equivalence/ classification will be accepted, mind it. If income is above 6 Lakh, youare blindly a creamy layer according to DoPT.

    There is another thread Im answering so make only one thread to avoid confusion.
    My advice is keep studying, we are trying to win the case.
    For PSU only right? Or even if parent in state secretariat, teaching, municipality etc?
    it applies for PSUs/ autonomous bodies/ universities / private employment/ banks/ insurance organisations. For all those which come under category IIC of the Office memorandum.
    I think there is a systematic planning to isolate and deprive OBC candidates. Because whos problem is it if dopt doesnt have equivalence?

    I think this is not a small, isolated event, it all a properly engineered thing. Cant believe dopt not allocating service even whose parents are drivers, and peons... Very shameful for this govt....

    @obcpsu fight has there been any hearing in this case so far bhai?
    http://document.ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02ser/22012-106-2016-AIS-I.pdf
    This was the result of our first hearing, then something happened which made the case to be transferred to HC, then CAT and again to HC.
    Now, proper hearing in HC is yet to start.

    FOr similar case, judgement was given in CHennai Cat which was stayed, for which now stay has been vacated.
    That case is going on in Chennai. Not much updates from there.
  • Any update about this year's allocation
  • This year DAF asks for equivalent posts for PSU and proof by govt orders. What is the status of the case?
  • gh said:

    This year DAF asks for equivalent posts for PSU and proof by govt orders. What is the status of the case?

    Can you elaborate what govt orders they are asking? Orders by respective psus or by govt of india? Because there is no uniform equivalence of posts is being established for psu employees.
  • If post of the organization is not classified as Group A, B, C or D, whether the post to which the father was appointed by direct recruitment is comparable or equivalent to any Group A, B, C or D post in Government as per DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993. If yes, to which it is comparable and please upload the relevant Government order/notification establishing such equivalence / comparability of post if available

    This the exact wording copied from DAF.
    IN addition to this there is separate option for PSU /BANK/INSURANCE ORGANIZATIONS asking for full name and address and under which ministry it is.
  • gh said:

    If post of the organization is not classified as Group A, B, C or D, whether the post to which the father was appointed by direct recruitment is comparable or equivalent to any Group A, B, C or D post in Government as per DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993. If yes, to which it is comparable and please upload the relevant Government order/notification establishing such equivalence / comparability of post if available

    This the exact wording copied from DAF.
    IN addition to this there is separate option for PSU /BANK/INSURANCE ORGANIZATIONS asking for full name and address and under which ministry it is.

    Ok that means they are asking for any relevant order or notification issued as such either by govt or psus themselves.And if you dont have any doc then dopt itself verify the equivalence directly by contacting respective psu.
  • Kitni thread banaogey Bhai log obc mamle ki...27 %?
  • Kitni thread banaogey Bhai log obc mamle ki...27 %?
  • @gh
    ......DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993... these words were not there in the 2016 DAF(I HAVE THE LAST YR DAF PRINTOUT OF MINE),SO WHAT WE SHOULD CONCLUDE ?Is the dopt considering post equivalence criteria this time,or simply the salary?
    I askd this question because obcpsufight told that they are not considering it as Psu have not made any such equivalence by i have this equivalence certificate issued from my fathers office(psu miniratna),thought he has retired last yr in june but dont know what exactly happening in this case!
  • What is serial number of caste/tribe. Do I need to write entry number of my caste in my state OBC list or something else ??
    Conquering UPSC Mains 2017
  • @FORICOS
    How does an equivalence certificate looks? Is tgr any format?
  • @Anjali25
    no no such format,it was a letter like thing in which it was mentioned that the concerned person had joined the job on so n so post in bracket group with grade pay was mentioned ,n the most important thing that in that it was also mentioned the purose of that i.e upsc mains examination.the letter was signed and attested by sect.ministry of fertilier as that psu came under its domain.
    BUT the tragedy is as i talked to obcpsufight guy who was not alloted any seat in 2015 and is currently fighting case he told that dopt has told them that no such equivalence lies within any such psu,which i think is not true as the letter was issued before 2015 daf filling date
  • Thanks. It is still not clear, who need to do this equivalence exercise. If it is concerned PSU, DoPT shud accept this and if DoPT need to do so, i believe thats not going to happen ever.
    And what about BSNL as they have a well defined grouping of posts into group ABCD. Someone mentioned DoPT is not even accepting it.
  • FORICOS said:

    @gh
    ......DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993... these words were not there in the 2016 DAF(I HAVE THE LAST YR DAF PRINTOUT OF MINE),SO WHAT WE SHOULD CONCLUDE ?Is the dopt considering post equivalence criteria this time,or simply the salary?
    I askd this question because obcpsufight told that they are not considering it as Psu have not made any such equivalence by i have this equivalence certificate issued from my fathers office(psu miniratna),thought he has retired last yr in june but dont know what exactly happening in this case!

    If you have thst equivalence certificate attach it.But the catch here is that they want govt order regarding equivalence. and not PSU s order.
    And yes i know these words were not there in 2016 DAF.
  • gh said:

    FORICOS said:

    @gh
    ......DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993... these words were not there in the 2016 DAF(I HAVE THE LAST YR DAF PRINTOUT OF MINE),SO WHAT WE SHOULD CONCLUDE ?Is the dopt considering post equivalence criteria this time,or simply the salary?
    I askd this question because obcpsufight told that they are not considering it as Psu have not made any such equivalence by i have this equivalence certificate issued from my fathers office(psu miniratna),thought he has retired last yr in june but dont know what exactly happening in this case!

    If you have thst equivalence certificate attach it.But the catch here is that they want govt order regarding equivalence. and not PSU s order.
    And yes i know these words were not there in 2016 DAF.
    Banks provide with their equivalence criteria.
    But the 1993 OBC Act clearly mentions that the equivalence of post has to be done by the govt, which has not been done till date.
  • abhi44 said:

    gh said:

    FORICOS said:

    @gh
    ......DOPT's OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT), dated 8.9.1993... these words were not there in the 2016 DAF(I HAVE THE LAST YR DAF PRINTOUT OF MINE),SO WHAT WE SHOULD CONCLUDE ?Is the dopt considering post equivalence criteria this time,or simply the salary?
    I askd this question because obcpsufight told that they are not considering it as Psu have not made any such equivalence by i have this equivalence certificate issued from my fathers office(psu miniratna),thought he has retired last yr in june but dont know what exactly happening in this case!

    If you have thst equivalence certificate attach it.But the catch here is that they want govt order regarding equivalence. and not PSU s order.
    And yes i know these words were not there in 2016 DAF.
    Banks provide with their equivalence criteria.
    But the 1993 OBC Act clearly mentions that the equivalence of post has to be done by the govt, which has not been done till date.
    Yep exactly. This is lapse on part of govt not candidates. Instead of issuing direction they are chucking out students.
  • Apar from equivalence issue. OM clearly says income from salaries wont be counted. Still they are counting in wealth test.
    What is the status of case in high court?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog