MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of WESTERN Philosophy starting on 30th Nov. (EVENING) 05:00 PM-7:15 PM.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

did your arts background friends clear IFOS prelims who are otherwise ineligible for writing mains?

are u sure that they didnt get a postgrad msc degree which makes them eligible. pls discuss .its an issue of urgent importance .. UPSC Does no documentation verification at prelim level

Comments

• The official notification for qualifications for ifos says a bachelors in so n so subjects. It doesn't say bachelors of science. There is a loophole there. Going by the official word, a person with a B.A. in maths or statistics can technically apply for it. Some distance univs offer b.a. in math and stat.

• edited August 1
    thats all right .. but generally arts candidates applied for ifos prelim along .. as thr is no document verification by UPSC at prelim level.. this was a discussion at telegram of ifos. this denies oppurtinityto write mains for those eligible candidates who missed ifos prelim by a mark
  • I have never applied for ifos. Just answered this because I have arts background and I have in the past mulled over how one can bend the rules to become eligible for ifos. This is just a theoretical possibility though. Even in that the scope of bending the rules is too narrow. A pure arts student can only apply if they have a ba in maths and stat. Rest of the subjects don't even have the wild possibility of being an arts subject anywhere.

I don't know if arts people can apply for ifos too unless they really have a bachelors in the mandated disciplines. If they do have a legit degree then I guess no one can say they aren't eligible or less deserving than another candidate. A drop down list in qualifications section of the prelim form ensures only eligible ppl apply for ifos.

• Agar koi b.a ho aur masters ya diploma ki degree in forestry ..is he not eligible for ifos
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog