JNU or DU for MA in Geography

I have completed my graduation in MA (Geography) this year (2017) itself. I have also cleared the entrance exams of DU and JNU for MA Geography.
My goal is to be a civil servant and I want to prepare for it from this year itself. I have taken few classes in DU and I must say that I am not enjoying learning there, I am feeling as if it is just to get degree. I also want to keep learning.
Should I join JNU? Also I have heard that course is very hectic there and professors do not want students to prepare for UPSC?
What should I do? I am really very confused.

Comments

• You should go to JNU and try evaluating yourself by interacting with students. Traditionally JNU has always been the sought after place for pursuing civil services. This is mostly due to the environment in JNU which is academically very rich and vibrant and plus you will be sorrounded by like minded people.
  • I have completed my graduation in MA (Geography) this year (2017) itself. I have also cleared the entrance exams of DU and JNU for MA Geography.
    My goal is to be a civil servant and I want to prepare for it from this year itself. I have taken few classes in DU and I must say that I am not enjoying learning there, I am feeling as if it is just to get degree. I also want to keep learning.
    Should I join JNU? Also I have heard that course is very hectic there and professors do not want students to prepare for UPSC?

I have also taken admission into JNU for MSC Programme.....Preparing for UPSC.....And this is my blessing in disguise as I am out from prelims this time and had scored 132 last year....

Now I have enough cooling period in JNU and reprepare my mind to do a fresh start for 2018..

And bro it's ur misconception dat teachers shout at u in JNU for attending classes...Rather they give u full freedom to attend or not classes...No mandatory for attendance in JNU....OPPOSITE is the case in DU...

If u doubt a single penny please talk to one student of DU n other SCHOLAR from JNU...

Remember JNU is Jannat ....Example of liberal thought N ideas....
  • I have completed my graduation in MA (Geography) this year (2017) itself. I have also cleared the entrance exams of DU and JNU for MA Geography.

JNU hands down. The geography department is excellent and lot of inter disciplinary work scope is there. Lot people preparing for UPSC and decent facilities.
  • I have also taken admission in MA geography in JNU this year :blush:
  • I have also taken admission in MA geography in JNU this year :blush:

Me too but in MSc Computer Sc
  • Tsuki said:

I have completed my graduation in MA (Geography) this year (2017) itself. I have also cleared the entrance exams of DU and JNU for MA Geography.

JNU hands down. The geography department is excellent and lot of inter disciplinary work scope is there. Lot people preparing for UPSC and decent facilities.
    Then who does those dharna and rallies every other day? Do those shit dont spoil the environment?
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2*, Interview-0
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog