ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Post DAF related Queries : CSM 2017

Why no DAF related thread yet?
I am creating it here.
All are welcome.
There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
Usain bolt

Comments

• There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • DAF asks everything..so gather whatever u have ..
    Like certificates , dates of working experience, subjects in 10th , inter,graduation, father income, hobbies , awards etc etc...
  • @all I have marksheets of all 8 sem....will that work or I will need a provisional degree/degree.please reply
  • I have no hobby ..to show..what should I mention in DAF..or leaving column is ..get more attention of interview panel
  • Bhai blank mat choro..kuch reasonable likhna jisko tum handle kar sako jab questions poochen ..blank is not appropriate.
    Usain bolt
  • Is reading fiction..will create difficulties.
    Also what one should mention in his achievements. .
  • @all I have marksheets of all 8 sem....will that work or I will need a provisional degree/degree.please reply

Marksheets are not required..u have to upload either provisional or final degree..
  • edited August 1
    @Usainbolt bhai, any idea regarding when the detailed marksheet of CSE2016 recommended candidates will arrive?
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • @Usainbolt bhai, any idea regarding when the detailed marksheet of CSE2016 recommended candidates will arrive?

Bro samjha nahi.those who are recommended (.ie. finally selected) in cse 2016..in sabki marksheet Kee link to upsc ne Dee thi.

If think you are talking about cse 2017 candidates DAF.
    DAF will be available on 17 August.
    Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

@Usainbolt bhai, any idea regarding when the detailed marksheet of CSE2016 recommended candidates will arrive?

Bro samjha nahi.those who are recommended (.ie. finally selected) in cse 2016..in sabki marksheet Kee link to upsc ne Dee thi.

If think you are talking about cse 2017 candidates DAF.
    DAF will be available on 17 August.
    Ek aur list hai na jisme paper wise marks hote hai?
    The End Is the Beginning Is the End
  • can any one give an idea on What all we need to take care of while filling DAF?
  • Do we need certificate of every achievement we mention in DAF ?
  • fakeid said:

Do we need certificate of every achievement we mention in DAF ?

No I don't think so.
    Usain bolt
  • edited August 2

can any one give an idea on What all we need to take care of while filling DAF?

If you want to have idea about regarding instructions in advance.you can check daf instructions available on upsc site for economic services.
    Basic instructions will be the same.
    Usain bolt
  • http://www.ianugrah.com

Please have a look they are former bureaucrats(former CBEC chairman, CBDT chairman and former Telecom Secretary) helping in filling up DAF preparing for interview. I went to this place and would highly recommend it. DAF plays a pivotal role in the interview.

And there is no charge for this.you can have telephonic discussion or in person
  • Usainbolt said:

can any one give an idea on What all we need to take care of while filling DAF?

If you want to have idea about regarding instructions in advance.you can check daf instructions available on upsc site for economic services.
    Basic instructions will be the same.
    okay,thanks
  • Do you think watching formula 1 as hobby is ok? Or it sounds too unbecoming for a civil service aspirant?
  • Anyone who has done an exchange semester in a foreign university, and has filled the daf earlier, please ping. TIA.
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • IAS vs IForeignS
    please critically analyse
  • saviour said:

IAS vs IForeignS

Sorry for being ignorant, but how exactly does the ranking of services work (the top 3 which we put in the DAF) ?

Wouldn't - probably - everyone have the following priority:
    Priority 1: IAS
    Priority 2: IFS (a few would have swapped this order with IFS being P1 and IAS being P2)
    Priority 3: IPS (a few would choose IRS over IPS)

It would be very helpful if someone could shed some light on how does the service ranking and the cadre ranking works. Thanks a lot in advance
  • nerdy2017 said:

I have no hobby ..to show..what should I mention in DAF..or leaving column is ..get more attention of interview panel

Leave it blank, but u shud have reason during interview.
    MAINS-2016, 2017
  • For masters degree, is having consolidated marksheet enough or we need things like semester wise marsksheet or provisional degree?
  • DAF 2016 instructions-
    pdf
    pdf
    DAF Instructions.pdf
    When things are rough all you need is ... Chocolate !!!
  • Thanks a lot @Hot_Chocolate i will check this out
  • nerdy2017 said:

Is reading fiction..will create difficulties.

Fiction is the most loved creative work. If you are genuine book lover then why will it create difficulty.. personal life/choices are essential part of any human being.. what you do with your mind and thinking is your issue none can interfere in it ... Until unless you are enjoying it and limits of art 19.2

Do you think watching formula 1 as hobby is ok? Or it sounds too unbecoming for a civil service aspirant?

Our hobbies are part of our private or personal life/personality development ... seeking Spiritual and mental pleasure is our basic freedom ... So your love for particular sport is always okay ..
  • suppose one plays an instrument, what do you reckon they could ask?
  • nerdy2017 said:

Is reading fiction..will create difficulties.

No difficulty.
    Fiction helps a lot in imagination etc.
    You can justify on many points
    Usain bolt
  • Tsuki said:

suppose one plays an instrument, what do you reckon they could ask?

Depends on the instrument, they may ask you about what do you play on that/ its origins/ famous players/ why did you decide to pick this instrument/ who introduced you to the instrument/ have you played professionally or performed in front of an audience. Things like that.

I play the santoor and I was asked whether I play Indian classical music and how long have I been playing.
    Prelims - 2015 | 2016 | 2017
    Mains - 2016 | 2017
    Interview - 2016
    Final list - X
  • saviour said:

IAS vs IForeignS

Kitne marks ka hai ye question.

On a serious note,analyse your priorities,choices, comfort level first.And then decide accordingly. Tgere is enough material on tge web about tge two services if you care to put some effort.
  • edited August 2

Do you think watching formula 1 as hobby is ok? Or it sounds too unbecoming for a civil service aspirant?

It's ok.
    If someone watching f1 and therefore not good for IAS. nothing is like this.there is no correlation between two.
    If that so they wouldn't have asked once a question in mains gs regarding meaning of flags shown on track during f1 race .
    Requirement is if watching then you must be able to tell x,y,z of race .
    Usain bolt
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog