Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Question Bank for Prelims-Target 2018

edited August 3 in Daily Quiz
CSE prelims results have been declared. Congratulations to all those who cleared @DrKingSchuItz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @psychopath and @others. Best of luck fr ur mains prep. Hard luck fr those including me, who didn't clear.
Fr the past 1 yr I have been working very hard fr the only goal in my life, being an IAS. I was getting 105-110 acc to various keys, excluding 5 controversial questions, but still found myself out of the list. :(
Don't know what happened, but I know one thing, I M NOT A QUITTER...
Whole night I thought about my mistakes and the work that needs to be done. Strangely enough I am not feeling demoralized. I know I belong and this feeling is motivating me so much...
I will not waste my time in depressing thoughts or finding excuses. I face everybody with a proud feeling Bcoz I know I tried although I failed. But let me assure u, not again....
I will become an IAS, I will try again, I will gather myself again, one last time I will prepare to clear this exam,one last time UPSC will feel me at my best....
I may have lost the battle but I will win the war..
:)
This thread is fr those who just don't quit, let's start the prep again, no time to waste... :)
(Few Rules-
1. No bakar
2. No fighting or Vulgar language
3. Inappropriate or irrelevant comments will be deleted)
An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

·

Comments

• Right bro ...its time to start again :)
    ·
  • Bro...You didn't?? :o :o

Chalo start the question bank thread One last time. B)
    ·
  • Out 2nd attempt. Can we prepare suggestive plan which includes both pre and mains prep?
    ·
  • Thank you @KungFuPanda_7 for opening this thread. I have only one question to my fellow,

How do u guys avoid silly mistakes between 9:30-11:30 AM?

Barring doubtful question, 2 question was extremely easy and used to be on my finger tip, but I encircled wrongly. 2 question was immediately get solved after 11:30, 1 question I filled on a different circle in OMR.
    ·
  • @ KunfguPanda_7
    Such type of threads are irrelevant and it's not uncommon to see such threads just after the result .There will be one more after this mains result and then even one more just after the final PDF .
    Why irrelevant :
    - it's very improbable to keep motivation high just on the basis of some online friends .
    - This thread will cease to exist after few months because , as always , as one is settled down with his or her failures , will no more care to visit this thread .
    Strategy for this exam :
    -The best strategy for this exam is no strategy at all . Same as , no plan actually a perfect plan . Reason is , ur strategy based upon certain assumptions . And you are not aware of all the assumptions because upsc has made it so unpredictable just for the sake of unpredictability. Just listen to few first rankers , each one will say different things and offcourse sometimes, contradictory.
    - Your experience comes to zero in UPSC . Because every attempt is different based upon totally different set of variables .
    What needs to be done then :
    - Do not take this exam very seriously .
    - Look for alternate options always .
    - Look for some good astrologer ..
    ·

• feeling terrible , can say one of the worst feeling !
    was getting around 108 -112 !
    i do not know what happened !

and finally everything gets even more worse when its your 4th attempt !

i need to recollect my self !
    'Believe'
    ·

Yes, @Mr.Cauliflower I couldn't clear unfortunately. But let's not dwell in the past. Let's make our future. People are in shock I understand, I m too a little bit, but eventually we hav to start again.why waste more months in depression.
    I will start posting mcq's, maybe in the evening or tomorrow. Let's start our prep :)
    An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

·

Yes, @Mr.Cauliflower I couldn't clear unfortunately. But let's not dwell in the past. Let's make our future. People are in shock I understand, I m too a little bit, but eventually we hav to start again.why waste more months in depression.
    I will start posting mcq's, maybe in the evening or tomorrow. Let's start our prep :)

Bro...You didn't?? :o :o

Same story brother, getting 108.33 to 114 but didn't know what went wrong. I feel its a matter of just one question. 2018 will be my last attempt (6th). I know what to do and how to improve. I know i will clear this year. Started preparation from today itself.
    ·
  • edited July 28
    Shad said:

Thank you @KungFuPanda_7 for opening this thread. I have only one question to my fellow,

How do u guys avoid silly mistakes between 9:30-11:30 AM?

Barring doubtful question, 2 question was extremely easy and used to be on my finger tip, but I encircled wrongly. 2 question was immediately get solved after 11:30, 1 question I filled on a different circle in OMR.

@shad I did the same silly mistakes in my first attempt. U can do 1 thing,
    Once u finalize the answer, put a dot on correct option on the question paper. Then mark it in OMR. This double check will minimize the mistakes. It worked fr me.
    Tomcruise said:

Same story brother, getting 108.33 to 114 but didn't know what went wrong. I feel its a matter of just one question. 2018 will be my last attempt (6th). I know what to do and how to improve. I know i will clear this year. Started preparation from today itself.
    Very gud mate,I m chalking out few plans myself and focusing on my mistakes, by evening I will b ready... Do contribute in this thread and let's help each other.

·
  • @ KunfguPanda_7
    Such type of threads are irrelevant and it's not uncommon to see such threads just after the result .There will be one more after this mains result and then even one more just after the final PDF .
    Why irrelevant :
    - it's very improbable to keep motivation high just on the basis of some online friends .
    - This thread will cease to exist after few months because , as always , as one is settled down with his or her failures , will no more care to visit this thread .
    Strategy for this exam :
    -The best strategy for this exam is no strategy at all . Same as , no plan actually a perfect plan . Reason is , ur strategy based upon certain assumptions . And you are not aware of all the assumptions because upsc has made it so unpredictable just for the sake of unpredictability. Just listen to few first rankers , each one will say different things and offcourse sometimes, contradictory.
    - Your experience comes to zero in UPSC . Because every attempt is different based upon totally different set of variables .

@Capainrussel , An attempt or thread is not irrelevant mate, we make it so. This thread is not fr crying on ur mistakes. This thread is for believeing in what u are worth and working on it.
    Yes, luck is there but it doesn't cover u always, hard work does.There r many here who r getting 120-130 due to their hard work and qualified after years of hard work.
    Alternatives are gud, they keep u financially secure, but can they soothe u forever fr not trying one more time, knowing that u could have done it.
    Which serious aspirant would wanna grow old with a broken IAS dream?
    I most certainly will not...
    Astrology is fr the weak, strong chart their own course...

·

• was this your first attempt ?
    ·
  • edited July 28
    @KungFuPanda_7 @Capainrussel and all my friends here...Your words ring true to me in many ways,even though some of them sound a bit contradictory....but anyways ...life is contradictory...

Some of my takeaways from your words:
    1. It's true that after every failure,we have to pick ourselves up and gear up again...coz such is life...life expects us to remain balanced....always...no matter what...

2. Yes,it's true... preparation for UPSC can have no "set plan or standard strategy" but it demands "maverick style approach and guerrilla warfare"....for such is life....does life go according to a set plan?

3. Appreciate our @KungFuPanda_7 Bhai's MCQ,Mains ques initiative...where we should all contribute..

As for me...I am out this time...

Was getting 89 as per Shankar, ST category...

Had cleared Prelims in 2016 with 107 score.

My second post in forum ias..

Had given prelims 2016 and 2017 while working in a state govt PSU,by taking only 5 days leave before prelims.

·
  • @ KungfuPanda_7
    You are indeed a source of inspiration for others . And I admire that .But at the same time ,one should never get himself or herself refrain from pragmatic approach. At the end , it is only your life ,that is at stake .
    As per ur statements :
    -Getting huge scores in prelims is not the sure thing to get in the final list. I was referring here the final selection . And to buy your statement , there are indeed some people , who are making in to the even final list year after year. But how many ? You can't be the exceptions . Because those people are lucky to be exception . You are not that lucky one , otherwise you would have cleared prelims or whatsoever u appeared in so far .
    - Hard work is just not synonymous with UPSC preparation .
    - ...."which serious aspirant would wanna grow old with a broken IAS dream ?...that statement itself depicts that how much importance u have bestowed upon civil . I really wish u to clear his exam and know the realities underlying .
    My experience
    - I have appeared in three mains consecutively and could not clear with the range of 10-15 marks always .
    - Could not clear pre this time . So I know how it feels . But ur feelings shouldn't blindfold your wisdom .
    - Almost every other friend of mine is in services and I know how the real situation is on the other side of the fence - Astrology is a science . Don't disprove it . Because I certainly know u know nothing much about this .
    - Life is not fair ..... You will get everything with smart and hard work .....Every good things happens to good people ....these are the two most stupid things I ever heard of ..
    Wish you luck in exam and wisdom in the time to come .
    ·
  • CSE prelims results have been declared. Congratulations to all those who cleared @DrKingSchuItz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @psychopath and @others. Best of luck fr ur mains prep. Hard luck fr those including me, who didn't clear.
    Fr the past 1 yr I have been working very hard fr the only goal in my life, being an IAS. I was getting 105-110 acc to various keys, excluding 5 controversial questions, but still found myself out of the list. :(
    Don't know what happened, but I know one thing, I M NOT A QUITTER...
    Whole night I thought about my mistakes and the work that needs to be done. Strangely enough I am not feeling demoralized. I know I belong and this feeling is motivating me so much...
    I will not waste my time in depressing thoughts or finding excuses. I face everybody with a proud feeling Bcoz I know I tried although I failed. But let me assure u, not again....
    I will become an IAS, I will try again, I will gather myself again, one last time I will prepare to clear this exam,one last time UPSC will feel me at my best....
    I may have lost the battle but I will win the war..
    :)
    This thread is fr those who just don't quit, let's start the prep again, no time to waste... :)

Could not clear....I solved approx 30 test papers but my mistake was I never revised it even a single time...my 2nd mistake was I have not solved test paper with in time.

·
  • I am in terrible habit of marking easiest ques wrong...I don't know why..this time marked preamble ,nps, democracy ques wrong.i don't know how to overcome it.Life is terrible ...4 prelims fail back to back not because lack of knowledge but presence of mind.When I started my journey never thought it will happen to me, topped everywhere from school to University in Delhi but upsc made me doubting my abilities now.Not in touch with maths etc so no scope in rbi ,ssc etc too.Everyone thinks that I am not working hard but I know it's not true...this year too I knew every tough question but out again due to my foolishness damn,oh God save me it is killing me.
    ·
  • Rishii said:

I am in terrible habit of marking easiest ques wrong...I don't know why..this time marked preamble ,nps, democracy ques wrong.i don't know how to overcome it.Life is terrible ...4 prelims fail back to back not because lack of knowledge but presence of mind.When I started my journey never thought it will happen to me, topped everywhere from school to University in Delhi but upsc made me doubting my abilities now.Not in touch with maths etc so no scope in rbi ,ssc etc too.Everyone thinks that I am not working hard but I know it's not true...this year too I knew every tough question but out again due to my foolishness damn,oh God save me it is killing me.

much ado over nothing
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
    ·
  • Read the thread's title again. It's on MCQs. Stick to it.
    ·

• feeling terrible , can say one of the worst feeling !
    was getting around 108 -112 !
    i do not know what happened !

and finally everything gets even more worse when its your 4th attempt !

i need to recollect my self !

we sailing on same boat. similary 108-112.
    ·
  • @ KunfguPanda_7
    Why irrelevant :
    Strategy for this exam :

@Capainrussel , An attempt or thread is not irrelevant mate, we make it so. This thread is not fr crying on ur mistakes. This thread is for believeing in what u are worth and working on it.
    Yes, luck is there but it doesn't cover u always, hard work does.There r many here who r getting 120-130 due to their hard work and qualified after years of hard work.
    Alternatives are gud, they keep u financially secure, but can they soothe u forever fr not trying one more time, knowing that u could have done it.
    Which serious aspirant would wanna grow old with a broken IAS dream?
    I most certainly will not...
    Astrology is fr the weak, strong chart their own course...
    +1000000
    @KungFuPanda_7 brother may your glorious success be the final testament to the relevance of this thread.
    All the best.hustle hard.
    the horror of no match found
    motivation, where art thou?
    ·
  • is 25 old enough to leave upsc
    my friend has failed..it was her first attempt
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
    ·
  • is 25 old enough to leave upsc
    my friend has failed..it was her first attempt

Quantitative reasons are never enough to quit.
    ·
  • count me in :)
    ·
  • Best of luck buddy. Surprised ki kaha maar kha gaye but par jo hai so hai. Zazbe ko salute. :)

·
  • Happy to join here.hope the journey will end in success
    Request to all to discuss in English
    It will help all throughout India and not sucumbed to certain regions of india
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog