ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Target 2018 - Question Bank for Prelims

edited November 2 in Daily Quiz
CSE prelims results have been declared. Congratulations to all those who cleared @DrKingSchuItz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @psychopath and @others. Best of luck fr ur mains prep. Hard luck fr those including me, who didn't clear.
Fr the past 1 yr I have been working very hard fr the only goal in my life, being an IAS. I was getting 105-110 acc to various keys, excluding 5 controversial questions, but still found myself out of the list. :(
Don't know what happened, but I know one thing, I M NOT A QUITTER...
Whole night I thought about my mistakes and the work that needs to be done. Strangely enough I am not feeling demoralized. I know I belong and this feeling is motivating me so much...
I will not waste my time in depressing thoughts or finding excuses. I face everybody with a proud feeling Bcoz I know I tried although I failed. But let me assure u, not again....
I will become an IAS, I will try again, I will gather myself again, one last time I will prepare to clear this exam,one last time UPSC will feel me at my best....
I may have lost the battle but I will win the war..
:)
This thread is fr those who just don't quit, let's start the prep again, no time to waste... :)
(Few Rules-
1. No bakar
2. No fighting or Vulgar language
3. Inappropriate or irrelevant comments will be deleted)
An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

Comments

• edited July 28
    Shad said:

Thank you @KungFuPanda_7 for opening this thread. I have only one question to my fellow,

How do u guys avoid silly mistakes between 9:30-11:30 AM?

Barring doubtful question, 2 question was extremely easy and used to be on my finger tip, but I encircled wrongly. 2 question was immediately get solved after 11:30, 1 question I filled on a different circle in OMR.

@shad I did the same silly mistakes in my first attempt. U can do 1 thing,
    Once u finalize the answer, put a dot on correct option on the question paper. Then mark it in OMR. This double check will minimize the mistakes. It worked fr me.
    Tomcruise said:

Bro...You didn't?? :o :o

Chalo start the question bank thread One last time. B)

Yes, @Mr.Cauliflower I couldn't clear unfortunately. But let's not dwell in the past. Let's make our future. People are in shock I understand, I m too a little bit, but eventually we hav to start again.why waste more months in depression.
    I will start posting mcq's, maybe in the evening or tomorrow. Let's start our prep :)

Bro...You didn't?? :o :o

Chalo start the question bank thread One last time. B)

Yes, @Mr.Cauliflower I couldn't clear unfortunately. But let's not dwell in the past. Let's make our future. People are in shock I understand, I m too a little bit, but eventually we hav to start again.why waste more months in depression.
    I will start posting mcq's, maybe in the evening or tomorrow. Let's start our prep :)
    Same story brother, getting 108.33 to 114 but didn't know what went wrong. I feel its a matter of just one question. 2018 will be my last attempt (6th). I know what to do and how to improve. I know i will clear this year. Started preparation from today itself.
    Very gud mate,I m chalking out few plans myself and focusing on my mistakes, by evening I will b ready... Do contribute in this thread and let's help each other.
    An Ardent Civil services Aspirant, Bibliophile, Bodybuilder, Comics (Doga) Fan, Cook, Cynophile, Linguaphile, Nature Lover, Numismatist, Photographer, Soccer( Cristiano Ronaldo)Fan......

• @ KunfguPanda_7
    Such type of threads are irrelevant and it's not uncommon to see such threads just after the result .There will be one more after this mains result and then even one more just after the final PDF .
    Why irrelevant :
    - it's very improbable to keep motivation high just on the basis of some online friends .
    - This thread will cease to exist after few months because , as always , as one is settled down with his or her failures , will no more care to visit this thread .
    Strategy for this exam :
    -The best strategy for this exam is no strategy at all . Same as , no plan actually a perfect plan . Reason is , ur strategy based upon certain assumptions . And you are not aware of all the assumptions because upsc has made it so unpredictable just for the sake of unpredictability. Just listen to few first rankers , each one will say different things and offcourse sometimes, contradictory.
    - Your experience comes to zero in UPSC . Because every attempt is different based upon totally different set of variables .
    What needs to be done then :
    - Do not take this exam very seriously .
    - Look for alternate options always .
    - Look for some good astrologer ..

@Capainrussel , An attempt or thread is not irrelevant mate, we make it so. This thread is not fr crying on ur mistakes. This thread is for believeing in what u are worth and working on it.
    Yes, luck is there but it doesn't cover u always, hard work does.There r many here who r getting 120-130 due to their hard work and qualified after years of hard work.
    Alternatives are gud, they keep u financially secure, but can they soothe u forever fr not trying one more time, knowing that u could have done it.
    Which serious aspirant would wanna grow old with a broken IAS dream?
    I most certainly will not...
    Astrology is fr the weak, strong chart their own course...

• @ KungfuPanda_7
    You are indeed a source of inspiration for others . And I admire that .But at the same time ,one should never get himself or herself refrain from pragmatic approach. At the end , it is only your life ,that is at stake .
    As per ur statements :
    -Getting huge scores in prelims is not the sure thing to get in the final list. I was referring here the final selection . And to buy your statement , there are indeed some people , who are making in to the even final list year after year. But how many ? You can't be the exceptions . Because those people are lucky to be exception . You are not that lucky one , otherwise you would have cleared prelims or whatsoever u appeared in so far .
    - Hard work is just not synonymous with UPSC preparation .
    - ...."which serious aspirant would wanna grow old with a broken IAS dream ?...that statement itself depicts that how much importance u have bestowed upon civil . I really wish u to clear his exam and know the realities underlying .
    My experience
    - I have appeared in three mains consecutively and could not clear with the range of 10-15 marks always .
    - Could not clear pre this time . So I know how it feels . But ur feelings shouldn't blindfold your wisdom .
    - Almost every other friend of mine is in services and I know how the real situation is on the other side of the fence - Astrology is a science . Don't disprove it . Because I certainly know u know nothing much about this .
    - Life is not fair ..... You will get everything with smart and hard work .....Every good things happens to good people ....these are the two most stupid things I ever heard of ..
    Wish you luck in exam and wisdom in the time to come .
  • @ KunfguPanda_7
    Such type of threads are irrelevant and it's not uncommon to see such threads just after the result .There will be one more after this mains result and then even one more just after the final PDF .
    Why irrelevant :
    - it's very improbable to keep motivation high just on the basis of some online friends .
    - This thread will cease to exist after few months because , as always , as one is settled down with his or her failures , will no more care to visit this thread .
    Strategy for this exam :
    -The best strategy for this exam is no strategy at all . Same as , no plan actually a perfect plan . Reason is , ur strategy based upon certain assumptions . And you are not aware of all the assumptions because upsc has made it so unpredictable just for the sake of unpredictability. Just listen to few first rankers , each one will say different things and offcourse sometimes, contradictory.
    - Your experience comes to zero in UPSC . Because every attempt is different based upon totally different set of variables .

@Capainrussel , An attempt or thread is not irrelevant mate, we make it so. This thread is not fr crying on ur mistakes. This thread is for believeing in what u are worth and working on it.
    Yes, luck is there but it doesn't cover u always, hard work does.There r many here who r getting 120-130 due to their hard work and qualified after years of hard work.
    Alternatives are gud, they keep u financially secure, but can they soothe u forever fr not trying one more time, knowing that u could have done it.
    +1000000
    @KungFuPanda_7 brother may your glorious success be the final testament to the relevance of this thread.
    All the best.hustle hard.
    the horror of no match found
    motivation, where art thou?
  • I need a partner
    Not clear this time
    My promise i'll help lots
    We will discuss CA and all stuff for 2018
  • Do not give in Friends. Lets rise up to the challenge. Lets win it this time.
    Har kar jitne walo ko waise bhi baazigar bolte hain.
    I failed it this time, marginally.
    But this time I will put Blood tears and sweat together.
    We must GAME this system. @KungFuPanda_7 , 2018 will be ours.
    Defeat is never an option. You never lose till you quit.

Life is a strange game brother, one half second ahead of the time, Life declares you OFFSIDE, one half second late, The oppurtune moment is gone. Idle Contemplation is no option, I did a lot yesternight. Was thinking of creating a thread on similar lines, but you did it. I got 106 from shankar, today am contemplating on how I could have changed my fate, had I really been no more a bookie, and stressed on Polity. (Infact I had to be a bookie, in 3 months after resignation I could never find time enough.)

Atleast be happy, out of the 13k in the list, 12k will once again be your compatriots, who will have lesser time to have a deeper insight into the mistakes they made. We can use this whole year as an opportunity, we must. Luck wont beat us down everytime. Who knows, the next time the Holy Pdf wont be graced by your name at the top?
  • Daily Make secure and one basic book answer writing after that optional.
    On sunday Essay and Ethics and Yojana.

This is my plan. Plz join me need a dedicated friend.
    My promise i'll help u.
    Last attemp upto interview miss by 4 marks
  • CSE prelims results have been declared. Congratulations to all those who cleared @DrKingSchuItz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @psychopath and @others. Best of luck fr ur mains prep. Hard luck fr those including me, who didn't clear.
    Fr the past 1 yr I have been working very hard fr the only goal in my life, being an IAS. I was getting 105-110 acc to various keys, excluding 5 controversial questions, but still found myself out of the list. :(
    Whole night I thought about my mistakes and the work that needs to be done. Strangely enough I am not feeling demoralized. I know I belong and this feeling is motivating me so much...
    I will not waste my time in depressing thoughts or finding excuses. I face everybody with a proud feeling Bcoz I know I tried although I failed. But let me assure u, not again....
    I will become an IAS, I will try again, I will gather myself again, one last time I will prepare to clear this exam,one last time UPSC will feel me at my best....
    This thread is fr those who just don't quit, let's start the prep again, no time to waste... :)

Bro you make it sound like a war just relax at the end of the day its just another exam.
  • Praish said:

I need a partner
    Not clear this time
    My promise i'll help lots
    We will discuss CA and all stuff for 2018

hi @ Praish, i am interested to join you as a study partner.. Preparing from delhi but not staying in student area..so need a study partner to keep myself on track..if interested please let me know, optional mine is commerce but might shift to political science as got out in PT itself this time..not doing any job or coaching currently
  • Bun-maska said:

@KungFuPanda_7 LETS START.

Sure mate... :)
    tiger101 said:

@ KunfguPanda_7
    Why irrelevant :
    Strategy for this exam :

+1000000
    @KungFuPanda_7 brother may your glorious success be the final testament to the relevance of this thread.
    All the best.hustle hard.
    Thanks a lot mate... Best of luck to u too :)
    Tudor said:

Best of luck buddy. Surprised ki kaha maar kha gaye but par jo hai so hai. Zazbe ko salute. :)

Thanks @Tudor..
    Congrats to u and best of luck fr ur mains mate...

• I am in for both csm & ifos....

For those who failed take it as a boon coz failing in mains and at interview stage has more devastating effect than failing at pre.

Previously when i failed i got a class A job as back up in state govt so sometimes failure are a boon too...never loose self confidence dont roubt urself...
  • I m gonna start with basic books first and slowly involve the current. So, here's the first question in the question bank fr IAS prelims 2018-
    Consider the following statements -
    1.Karachi session of Congress was memorable fr it's resolution on fundamental rights and National economic program.
    2.The Resolution guaranteed free and compulsory primary and middle school education.
    3.It guaranteed free Press and free speech.
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

• I m gonna start with basic books first and slowly involve the current. So, here's the first question in the question bank fr IAS prelims 2018-
    1.Karachi session of Congress was memorable fr it's resolution on fundamental rights and National economic program.
    2.The Resolution guaranteed free and compulsory primary and middle school education.
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

A. Free and compulsory primary education
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

c
  • never lose heart friends. always strive to be a better person than before. please try to wake up early and do some physical exercise. it is immensely beneficial in both physical and mental aspects.
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

A-this resolution was meant for free and compulsory primary education only.
  • Though I am in for mains but attempts I left for pt are very less to play lucky draw Soo .. count me in ...will contribute
  • Consider the following statements
    1. The components of GDI includes female
    live expectancy, female adult literacy and
    gross enrolment ratio as well as female per
    capita income.
    2. The greater the difference between HDI and
    GDI the greater is the gender equality.
    Which of the above statements are incorrect?
    (a) Only 1 (b) Only 2
    (c) Both 1 & 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

A. Free and compulsory primary education
    :star:
    Rishii said:

I m gonna start with basic books first and slowly involve the current. So, here's the first question in the question bank fr IAS prelims 2018-
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

A-this resolution was meant for free and compulsory primary education only.
    :star:
    feluda said:

I m gonna start with basic books first and slowly involve the current. So, here's the first question in the question bank fr IAS prelims 2018-
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

c
    Answer is A mate.. :)

• Which Constitutional Amendment Act, provided reservation in admissions in private unaided educational institutions for students belonging to scheduled castes/tribes and other backward classes ?
    92nd Constitutional Amendment Act, 2003
    93rd Constitutional Amendment Act, 2005
    94th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2006
    95th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2009
  • CSE prelims results have been declared. Congratulations to all those who cleared @DrKingSchuItz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @psychopath and @others. Best of luck fr ur mains prep. Hard luck fr those including me, who didn't clear.

Good initiative. Though writing mains this year also..but would contribute . All the best guys
  • Regarding EPFO which of the following is correct?
    1.Employer can achieve 30% deduction on the employee emolument for 3 years if emolument <25k
    2. Minimum number of days of employment reqd is 300 days.
    3. The EPS of 8.33% can be availed at 58 yrs of age.
    4. for <15k/month jobs govt will provide EPS for 2 years.
  • Shad said:

Thank you @KungFuPanda_7 for opening this thread. I have only one question to my fellow,

How do u guys avoid silly mistakes between 9:30-11:30 AM?

Barring doubtful question, 2 question was extremely easy and used to be on my finger tip, but I encircled wrongly. 2 question was immediately get solved after 11:30, 1 question I filled on a different circle in OMR.

Why you people dont carry whitener.....I have used that in all my attempts including CAPF CDS CSE.....there is no problem at all.
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
  • feluda said:

Consider the following statements
    1. The components of GDI includes female
    live expectancy, female adult literacy and
    gross enrolment ratio as well as female per
    capita income.
    2. The greater the difference between HDI and
    GDI the greater is the gender equality.
    Which of the above statements are incorrect?
    (a) Only 1 (b) Only 2
    (c) Both 1 & 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2

only 2
  • feluda said:

Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

c
    both 1 and 3
    Choose correct -
    A. Both 1 and 3
    B. 1, 2, 3.
    C. Only 1
    D. 2 and 3.

A
  • Sad to hear about it @KungFuPanda_7 . :/

And also happy to see you get back to the grind so soon.

A word of advice from someone who's been in your position: at present focus on mains prep instead. Optional, mains topics, getting your answer structure right etc. I agree with @win_2017 above, you'll burn out.

Carry on as if you're writing mains this time, and finish mains topics accordingly, especially the optional. You'll rock next time. :)

All the very best!
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Sad to hear about it @KungFuPanda_7 . :/

And also happy to see you get back to the grind so soon.

A word of advice from someone who's been in your position: at present focus on mains prep instead. Optional, mains topics, getting your answer structure right etc. I agree with @win_2017 above, you'll burn out.

Carry on as if you're writing mains this time, and finish mains topics accordingly, especially the optional. You'll rock next time. :)

All the very best!

Thanks fr the kind words @DrKingSchuItz bhai, much appreciated :)
    Congrats on ur success and best of luck fr mains. I know u will be a topper this time. :)
    Actually I m writing JKPSC KAS mains this year(was plan B, now unfortunately plan A), so my optional will be done in two months.
    Essay I m writing every week and that will continue even after state mains.
    My GS answer writing will be continued. I will cover my static GS portion completely.
    I totally agree with u that prep should be mains oriented, prelims automatically gets covered.
    Yes, it's very difficult to maintain the momentum fr the next 10 months and people tend to burn out, but I wanna tell all of my fellow forumites here, it's not impossible.
    My inspiration, @Shah Faesal sir did the CSE prep for 8-9 months before prelims and topped the exam o:) ( PS I m not comparing myself to him, so plz don't start a discussion )
    The going is tough, stakes r high but u all know so is the reward. Constant hard work pays,start ploughing the field(start the prep) , sow the seeds of ur triumph, care fr the crop(intelligent And planned prep) and reap the bountiful harvest next year( be a topper).

• Consider the following statements -
    1.The Sun temple at Konark was designed to resemble Sun God's celestial chariot.
    2.Mithunas or loving couples are carved in great numbers.
    Choose correct
    A. Both
    B. Only 1
    C. Only 2
    D. Neither

• Consider the following statements -
    1.The Sun temple at Konark was designed to resemble Sun God's celestial chariot.
    2.Mithunas or loving couples are carved in great numbers.
    Choose correct
    A. Both
    B. Only 1
    C. Only 2
    D. Neither

A -(Both)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog